• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty dumb to wait all the way till final round for a trailer and info on when the patch actually drops. Not like SFV already hasn't had a rocky start. They could save a gamerplay demonstration for final round or some shit. They needa have the Guile trailer ready to go April first.
Yeah, this hardcore and tournament focused marketing is not going well at all. They should release a trailer if they have something to show, but they probably don't.
Why are so many people getting banned?
Winter came and went in the blink of an eye this year. The heat is making people go crazy. By E3 and the Democratic/Republican conventions there will be only a handful of us left.

Kumubou

Yeah, this hardcore and tournament focused marketing is not going well at all. They should release a trailer if they have something to show, but they probably don't.
The problem with that is with all of the bluster regarding supporting the tournament scene, Capcom hasn't really delivered anything for competitive players there within SF5 itself. The experience really hasn't been upgraded from SF4 at all outside of the netcode itself. Matchmaking still sucks, rankings are hare-brained and there is zero community engagement in-game. This is all while the bigger e-sports games have evolved massively over the last eight years.

Don't downplay just how badly Capcom screwed this release up. They basically whiffed on everything outside of the core combat engine.

The problem with that is with all of the bluster regarding supporting the tournament scene, Capcom hasn't really delivered anything for competitive players there within SF5 itself. The experience really hasn't been upgraded from SF4 at all outside of the netcode itself. Matchmaking still sucks, rankings are hare-brained and there is zero community engagement in-game. This is all while the bigger e-sports games have evolved massively over the last eight years.

Don't downplay just how badly Capcom screwed this release up. They basically whiffed on everything outside of the core combat engine.

Training room is really good tho

SF4 training mode > SFV and SFxT tbh

Also, saw this on twitter

CdhraqmWwAAZfH_.jpg

probably just speculation tho

Yeah how about not being able to rebind those training mode buttons, training mode settings not saving, dummy playback settings not saving, I dunno maybe other stuff.

It has other issues as well, but I love the multiple record actions features and how they play randomly (though i gotta stick a piece of paper on my screen to block the number currently playing which sucks)

shaowebb

Best training room IMO is Killer Instinct.
bihjjkl.jpg

Neutral tones so it doesn't contrast with any outfits nor does it make it hard to see any of the cast. Doesn't glare and distract you from the fight. Just enough pattern to not make it empty dull and distracting, and a small bit of contour to the room so it doesn't feel like a dinky old box plus the lighting on it is nice looking without every trying to be flashy and distracting you from the job at hand as it washes light or shadows over you.

Just a solid setup. Worst setup...most of the flashy eye hurting color fest stages in Persona 4 arena or stages that are on fire IMO. Too distracting and it washes out the players moves or the players themselves.

Fraeon

I like the Grid. Is it really banned? It's clean. I really don't like the background in V. Maybe just Estate.

The stage selected is whatever. The most important things are that it doesn't lag and the action is clear. It's about as important as the color of the seats the players are sitting on in the tournament.

I really should hit the lab with meaty timings. Getting blown up by people whose MO is just mashing jab everywhere.

The stage selected is whatever. The most important things are that it doesn't lag and the action is clear. It's about as important as the color of the seats the players are sitting on in the tournament.

I really should hit the lab with meaty timings. Getting blown up by people whose MO is just mashing jab everywhere.

Well, that's why I hate all the stages. They are all busy and the action is not clear to me. Nothing is clean. Plus I get slowdown in all the stages in offline VS. Maybe it's placebo, but I feel less in the Grid. Having no characters in the background can do nothing but help I hope. Who knows though.

I just want clean stages with no slowdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom