• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAN mode for Pokken is pretty finicky. We tried setting it up last night since we had 2 complete setups, but there might've been a wrong cable or improper network set up or something. It's also not a "mode" in the main menu. You have to do a button combination on the title screen to access it. I have a feeling Pokken might not come back to EVO next year strictly because of that.

That being said, the only thing anyone noticed that was different between single player 60 fps and 2 player 30fps was that "it looked nicer." For this game, I don't think it's really gonna make a difference competitively from the time that I played. But these are day -1 opinions, so what do I know?

Nightii

Banned
Apparently, the reason Pokken LAN mode is hidden behind a button sequence is because it also unlocks everything while LAN is active.

Take that as you will.

Thanks for the sets Deps!

I gotta learn to stop aaing cammy when she jumps with st.mp, especially when she has meter. I'm never gonna hit that.

Rhapsody

Banned
Apparently, the reason Pokken LAN mode is hidden behind a button sequence is because it also unlocks everything when LAN is active.

Take that as you will.

That's actually sort of cool. Been awhile since I've seen an unlock everything button sequence in a fighter.

Deps

Thanks for the sets Deps!

I gotta learn to stop aaing cammy when she jumps with st.mp, especially when she has meter. I'm never gonna hit that.

Ggs. Yeah s.mp doesn't work too well vs Cammy since I can easily beat it just by changing up my timing. Lauras j.mp is a great air to air when I'm closer, and nj.mk from far is also good. Of course, if you react fast enough, qcf+hp will anti air everything.

Ggs. Yeah s.mp doesn't work too well vs Cammy since I can easily beat it just by changing up my timing. Lauras j.mp is a great air to air when I'm closer, and nj.mk from far is also good. Of course, if you react fast enough, qcf+hp will anti air everything.

I'm in the training room now and definitely see what you mean by changing up the timings screwing with my st.mp. qcf+hp is definitely her best one (though reacting on a instant ex dive kick is tough) Thanks for the tips!

Beckx

I consider it to be the true versus mode of the game. Since, local versus is one person on the TV, one person on the gamepad.

No thanks to that. Setting up LAN casuals for Pokken might be a pain...

I absolutely love playing on the gamepad for 2 player games. I would rather be on the gamepad than the main screen when doing co-op Hyrule Warriors for example.

El Sabroso

I absolutely love playing on the gamepad for 2 player games. I would rather be on the gamepad than the main screen when doing co-op Hyrule Warriors for example.

asynchronous MP is good on wii u as an option,but the 30fps in this game is the only downside here

That's actually sort of cool. Been awhile since I've seen an unlock everything button sequence in a fighter.

LAN mode = tournament mode?
The main unlocks are assists and stages. You get all the characters from the jump aside from Shadow Mewtwo, IIRC. I wasn't looking for him specifically.
Basically, lol.

Hopefully Beef's experience is just a one off incident and it works just fine.

There's three different ways to hook up LAN mode, and 2 of them involve routers and possibly internet connections. The third one requires a specific cable, which we thought might be the issue. From Serebii:

tuOGuHL.png

asynchronous MP is good on wii u as an option,but the 30fps in this game is the only downside here

Playing on the gamepad, if you're not used to it, will be a downside. The FPS is pretty much a non-issue.

yes. (and iirc EXVS doesn't actually have "lan mode" so the consoles all had to connect online)

but those were all side tourneys conducted for the love.

Or it's a tournament ran in Japan and then they can do it on arcade cabs.

Of course there are other challenges besides just getting a stable internet connection. Namely a lack of good standard control scheme. If you don't use an arcade stick then gold help you and your gamepad configuration and everyone else for that matter.

Shouta

I am ready for some Pokken.

Beef: You know we have a launch tournament up in Lynnwood this weekend for it, right?

.la1n

TEKKEN Facebook page posted a survey if anyone is interested (don't know if it is actually a news)

It definitely had some interesting questions in there for sure. If you have any interest in the future of Tekken it's worth taking the time to do.

I'm in pool 40, no real big name in my pool. A few notables are Marvisto and some fradulent SF4 Sakura player that somehow got top 8 at FR three or four years back. I do see a guy named Adnan from Texas. I think that's Fourwude's name but I'm not sure if its him since he either isn't there or didn't use his nick name for this tournament. I hope I do OK, at least 2-2. I'll use every gimmick in my repertoire to not go 0-2 in this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom