• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they'll give us "The Grid" with random flashing lights in the dark to make it esports

flyer1.jpg

joe2187

Banned
Honestly combos feel smaller in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition Sinatar and its also pretty incredible in terms of tactics and depth in many of the ways Nitroplus is.
Check out this Recent Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition tournament for a feel of how it flows. More footsie oriented but still longer combos exist. Wolfkrone plays it a lot.This match is from Final Round where it was played this year.

Wait...you can change your assists between rounds? I've never seen these two characters before how many new chars are coming in the new version?

Is there more than one assist now? what other changes have been made to the games system?

Wait...you can change your assists between rounds? I've never seen these two characters before how many new chars are coming in the new version?

Is there more than one assist now? what other changes have been made to the games system?
you cannot change assists between rounds, between rounds u get to choose to ignition power up ur player character, assist, or burst support
Benefits under ignition
Player: increased attack power and increased trump card count by 1
Support: decreases support cooldown
Burst: recovers 50% burst gauge

You select a character for burst this time, but the blast character is purely superficial and just a standin for the new ignition selection mechanic.

You still only get one assist character, however Qwenther also summons buddies constantly, like ro kyu bu girl

Sayad

I saw the 8th KOFXIV trailer. Rule 63 Jhun and Latin American boxer. Leak is solid af.
It's the 9th trailer, someone at PS channel fucked up. ;p
Latin American boxer is hype, really hope the South American team is the new hero team, they're all looking good.

I assume "brand new" means "completely new." Didn't a Malaysian company contracted to work on SFV revealed that several of the stages they created weren't in the game yet?

I'm sure we will get new stages, I'm just reminded by how in Super Street Fighter IV, some of the new stages were reskins of old stages. Like, we got Morning Mist Bay as an alternative to Beautiful Bay.

Those stages were good, but I just can't help but imagine that Capcom would add in the Lair of the Four Kings with Sagat and call it a new stage. "Trust us guys, it's totally new". I would find it really funny, and then insulting.

Beckx

It's the 9th trailer, someone at PS channel fucked up. ;p
Latin American boxer is hype, really hope the South American team is the new hero team, they're all looking good.

China team is the hero team. Tung Fu Rue and his two friends.

y'all dont think FGC illuminati won't get some prime real estate seats tho

Yipes is probably going to commentate Marvel anyway lol, not gonna have him go up there, commentate then send him back to the nosebleeds smh

Perro

I feel bad saying this but...KOF14 looks like basura. I'm still gonna play this on PC and a have confidence in the gameplay, but eww. Athena looks awful.

I really should do a character design post about KOF14 like I did in the past with GG/BB characters. There are so many shitty decisions in this game it's becoming a school case of "you should not do it".

shaowebb

They're not changing they're assist between rounds. What they are doing is using the "Blaster sytems" between rounds. You choose an assist character at the select screen and that character has 2 moves you can use for assists during the match. Call whichever. After that you choose them you choose a Blaster character.

Between rounds you can either select you, your assist or your blaster character for a bonus that will either give you another trump card,recover half your blast meter or speed up assist recovery times. This is called the "Ignition system". You choose whichever you want and if you choose the same thing twice (if it goes 3 rounds) you get a bonus for "double ignition" which can let you do stuff like call an assist midair or jump cancel normals and stuff. It all depends on which character you chose. Blasters themself actually boost either your neutral, combo, or escape blast properties as as their main purpose.

This post sums up the Ignition, Double Ignition, and Blaster systems

Essentially Ignition added a whole world of new mechanics to the game compared to Climax. DFCI is pretty deep and you can adjust your odds between rounds by choosing your boosts properly. Its made by the Under Night folks from French Bread and I highly recommend this title for depth. It has a lot of it.

I really should do a character design post about KOF14 like I did in the past with GG/BB characters. There are so many shitty decisions in this game it's becoming a school case of "you should not do it".

Edit: You know, I'd like to hear this to be honest. I feel like KOF isn't as bad as GG or BB.

I feel bad saying this but...KOF14 looks like basura. I'm still gonna play this on PC and a have confidence in the gameplay, but eww. Athena looks awful.

Was a PC release confirmed? All the trailers say PS4, but I guess if they're cut for PSBlog that makes sense.

hitsugi

So uh. A ragequitter fix isn't in the march update?

What's your ideal fix?

I see a lot of people asking for Capcom to "fix" people dropping out of a match.. Other than sweeping people's points on a weekly basis (which they said they were doing), what would you like to see? It seems weird that this is a more vocal complaint than everything else that's wrong with the game.

Hey is there any info on how much using a power line for online gaming affects your connection?

Usually the older your house is or the worst the wiring is, the more issues you'll have for using a power line adapter.

That being said, I live in a 20+ year old house and use a power line adapter and it's far faster (and more stable) than using wifi.

Perro

I'd read that. I'd also read the GG/BB ones.

Was a PC release confirmed? All the trailers say PS4, but I guess if they're cut for PSBlog that makes sense.
PC has not been confirmed, most likely gonna wait a year till they release it on PC :/

Besides Sylvia (or whatever her name is), I think the character design aspect of this game is as strong as ever for KoF (though the models look much worse than the sprites). That being said, I enjoy seeing multiple perspectives on a situation so go for it.

What's your ideal fix?

I see a lot of people asking for Capcom to "fix" people dropping out of a match.. Other than sweeping people's points on a weekly basis (which they said they were doing), what would you like to see? It seems weird that this is a more vocal complaint than everything else that's wrong with the game.

because it's a legitimate concern to an online portion of the game that has ties to capcom cup, and is focused as a multiplayer game? Why play online when ppl are just going to rage quit. It's demoralizing and dumb. And their sweep is the top 1%/outliers which means nothing to people that stay under the radar and do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom