• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurlyW

It's da beach all over again.

Well, VxG partnered with Big E, Larry, SJCage, and LI Joe, so I guess now the rest of the FGC TOs have their turn to get baited by promises.

(Also Orlando, as it is in the middle of the state of Florida and is not adjacent to a large body of water, doesn't technically have a beach*farts loudly for 5 minutes*)

My guess is that they do legitimately have the money, but we'll later learn that their money comes from putting lead in school lunches or extorting Alzheimer's patients or something.

My incredulity isn't from the people involved, it's from why any outsider would want to put that much money into FGC stuff

what can they possibly get out of it

Tripon

You don't even have to go to the Da Beech. There was Epic GL last year that claimed to have $10K for every game hosted at their tournament. They claimed that they had Verizon as a sponsor. Until, they didn't, went out of business, and didn't pay their 1st place winners.

Anne

I had no part in that SRK article (I just woke up from a nap) but fuck it, it really is how it is.

I think it'd look a lot less shady as fuck if it wasn't some random announcement from people we've never heard of with no names.

Kalamari

It was sunny, we had tropical beach avatars, and Justin's dog almost died. Good times were had by all.
Kappa

SRK going in on Avyd, no respect. Gotdayum!

Tripon

Avyd is a terrible name BTW.

Brace Yourselves, Avyd Is Coming

March 22, 2016 Brand News Share

Orlando, FL March 22nd 2016. Avyd Inc. launches a company with a focus on the eSports experience and improving the appeal of eSports to all gamers.

Here at Avyd, our goal is to remove barriers of entry into eSports for all gamers, from the casual to the extremely dedicated pro competitor. We plan to launch our new platform into Beta later this spring. Make sure you sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date on all of the awesome info as it comes available! Here are a few key points we can share with you at this time.

Avyd received a significant round of seed funding in early 2016 and our team has been working diligently on our platform and services since then. We will be opening up our corporate offices in Orlando, Florida in early April 2016.

The Avyd Support team will be comprised of full-time employees dedicated to improving the users' experiences rather than the volunteer-based system most websites use today.
During Beta, the platform will allow gamers to compete online in various modes of competition and levels. It will be a feature-rich platform that makes competing online easier than ever before. It simplifies many of the processes gamers have become accustom to using on other websites. It will also unveil many features that have never been seen before.

Avyd also has big plans in regards to LAN events in 2016. We plan to run multiple major events throughout 2016 and will make it easier than ever for gamers to get involved in their first ever LAN event. We can't disclose many details, but we will support multiple games on both our online platform as well as our events.

Our focus will be on uniting and growing all elements of the eSports ecosystem. To push eSports into the mass market it needs a company that has the ability to unite all communities across multiple games and platforms. We look forward to releasing more details in the very near future. In the meantime, sign up for our newsletter and follow our social media accounts for a chance to win some upcoming giveaways!

Are you an Avyd Gamer?

http://avyd.com/news.php

If it wasn't for those top TOs pumping it up I'd be 100% sure this was another VXG. It's weird because you'd think if credible people were involved they'd know that we're all skeptical and would have a better introduction than this.

BiggNife

I don't know shit about avyd but I know a lot of people have respect for Rick (TheHadou) who runs combo breaker and I don't think he'd let avyd do this if he didn't trust them

We'll see I guess

E: also NCR, I assume papa Valle had these guys vetted

Anne

If it wasn't for those top TOs pumping it up I'd be 100% sure this was another VXG. It's weird because you'd think if credible people were involved they'd know that we're all skeptical and would have a better introduction than this.

This. I believe really hard in Rick and Alex specifically when it comes to events, but I need to know why they believe in this thing.

Kalamari

There will a ton of skepticism about this series, no doubt. And the skepticism will endure probably until the tournament has ended and the winners get paid what they are owed.

Anyone been keeping track of Triforce? I wonder what he's up to these days.

Tripon

Sabin@KSB2016Verified account
‏@nycfurby
Hey guys, I'll be partnering w @UMGOnline to do some amazing SF5 online events! http://umggaming.com #SF5

So for all of you stream monsters that feel like you can body me online in money match...well now, here's your chance to get at me

Sabin@KSB2016 ‏@nycfurby 2h2 hours ago
I'll be doing a sf5 stream explaining more about the site later, can't explain much in 140 chars

https://twitter.com/nycfurby

I guess today is the day people announce sketchy shit people have been planning.

CurlyW

It doesn't help that like 90% of companies that are named after normal words but spelled with a Y are sketchy as shit.

It's Juggleguy being on board that makes me think it's real. He's basically the Keits of Smash.

https://twitter.com/nycfurby

I guess today is the day people announce sketchy shit people have been planning.

UMG is real. They've been running sizable CoD tournaments for a few years now.

Tripon

It doesn't help that like 90% of companies that are named after normal words but spelled with a Y are sketchy as shit.

It's Juggleguy being on board that makes me think it's real. He's basically the Keits of Smash.

UMG is real. They've been running sizable CoD tournaments for a few years now.

I know UMG is real, I'm talking about the money matching on online matches. That has the potential for some fuckery.

くるしい ‏@Kurushii 3m3 minutes ago
So AVYD is actually Esports Global Holdings, LLC. Which was filed last year. Before that they were Alpha Xe, LLC a Limited Liability Company

https://twitter.com/Kurushii/status/713141975629869056

Quick google search shows that Alpha Xe, LLC was based in Wyoming.

くるしい ‏@Kurushii 1m1 minute ago
So AVYD trademark application has principal@enigma6group.com as the email. wut http://enigma6group.wix.com/enigma6group

https://twitter.com/Kurushii/status/713143051896619008

Kumubou

I know UMG is real, I'm talking about the money matching on online matches. That has the potential for some fuckery.
There have been venues in the past that have done that, like MLG's GameBattles and Virgin Gaming. And, to my (non-lawyer) knowledge, direct wagers between two parties in a contest of skill are generally legal in most states. It's how tournaments for most games actually happen.

Tripon

Emiga 6 logo (where Avyd ends up)
a9f09e_511c855640af4b75ae6e84a1476803e2.png

Tripon

There have been venues in the past that have done that, like MLG's GameBattles and Virgin Gaming. And, to my (non-lawyer) knowledge, direct wagers between two parties in a contest of skill are generally legal in most states. It's how tournaments for most games actually happen.

Yeah, that's usually person to person. I would imagine that for an online match, you have to trust a 3rd party vendor to hold the money (which I would guess will be UMG). I just want to see the first time somebody skips out of payment and what happens to him or her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom