• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Gameplay looks alright, don't think I'd get past the art.
I won't lie, it's mostly about the art-style and character design.

Shame so many people feel this way. You'd be amazed at how many quality fighting games are out right now. It is what it is though. If you're into western designs and themes then anime is a big clash to your personal taste. Makes me glad for events like CEOtaku though. So many titles are just plain amazing at tourney that are anime based in art design.

I'll say this for Nitroplus' longer combo style though. They at least mitigated the damage and put a TON of defensive tool systems in place to make folks earn them. Plus you have a breaker system you can resort to but at the cost of some serious offensive potential. Given the damage though you'd still have to be desperate to breaker. Good balance.

Honestly combos feel smaller in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition Sinatar and its also pretty incredible in terms of tactics and depth in many of the ways Nitroplus is.
Check out this Recent Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition tournament for a feel of how it flows. More footsie oriented but still longer combos exist. Wolfkrone plays it a lot.This match is from Final Round where it was played this year.

beating_a_dead_horse_by_potatoehuman-d3fead411.jpg

shaowebb

Hmmm...I guess thats all there is then. There should probably be an anime fighting gaf thread then. Folks are into whatever they're into, but anime just doesn't get much talk here outside of a little bit of GG and some occasional BB. And a lot of fighters all released around a very busy time for tournaments that will largely be covering SFV so its easy to get news and stuff buried between conversations about tournaments.

I think if there was a thread to house them all though their should be enough talk to sustain it between all the titles out there and get them some extra exposure and tech talk. Plus I can make sure folks know when new stuff is happening a bit easier if they knew what thread to check.

Not like folks wont post in multiple fighter threads anyhow.

Tripon

Hmmm...I guess thats all there is then. There should probably be an anime fighting gaf thread then. Folks are into whatever they're into, but anime just doesn't get much talk here outside of a little bit of GG and some occasional BB. And a lot of fighters all released around a very busy time for tournaments that will largely be covering SFV so its easy to get news and stuff buried between conversations about tournaments.

I think if there was a thread to house them all though their should be enough talk to sustain it between all the titles out there and get them some extra exposure and tech talk. Plus I can make sure folks know when new stuff is happening a bit easier if they knew what thread to check.

Not like folks wont post in multiple fighter threads anyhow.

Good luck, but I don't think the reason Nitro Plus doesn't get enough talk on gaf because SFV/Capcom Fighters/etc drowns it out. It's because how niche Nitro Plus is that it's only going to get a limited amount of interest anyway.

You listed the two most popular anime series in GG and BB, and the reason people talk about them is because they're popular. It seems circular logic and it is a bit, but that is the reality. You're not going to get a niche series like Nitro Plus to be taken more seriously unless you can show why its so good. I seen a bit of the quicklook Giant Bomb has done, and realize it is not for me.

Again, this post isn't suppose to discourage you, but I think you're misguided in your attempt to separate into another OT. If it does work, it will probably be dominated by Guilty Gear and BlaBlue, like you said, the two most popular anime series we have today.

shaowebb

Good luck, but I don't think the reason Nitro Plus doesn't get enough talk on gaf because SFV/Capcom Fighters/etc drowns it out. It's because how niche Nitro Plus is that it's only going to get a limited amount of interest anyway.

You listed the two most popular anime series in GG and BB, and the reason people talk about them is because they're popular. It seems circular logic and it is a bit, but that is the reality. You're not going to get a niche series like Nitro Plus to be taken more seriously unless you can show why its so good. I seen a bit of the quicklook Giant Bomb has done, and realize it is not for me.

Again, this post isn't suppose to discourage you, but I think you're misguided in your attempt to separate into another OT. If it does work, it will probably be dominated by Guilty Gear and BlaBlue, like you said, the two most popular anime series we have today.

Oh its not just that. There is a lot of news to cover. Some folks didn't know Chaos Code was getting a sequel with online, most didn't know about Dengeki Bunko getting a new character, I doubt anyone knows that Killing Bites is getting a fighting game, and its just a lot of new titles and a lot of difficulty in finding scenes, players, matches, and news.

There are too many. I'd feel safe in saying that quite a few folks are unaware entirely that some fighters ever happened. I doubt many people kept up with Blade Arcus...I'm pretty sure that you can now no longer even get the DLC cast for it. Heck I know some folks didn't even know about the DLC cast for Persona 4 Ultimax and thats a fairly decent sized scene. Stuff like that shouldn't happen. So it'd help to let folks know in a thread that would center around that scene.

It could use a general release, news, DLC and general discussion thread to keep up with it and find folks. Similar to the shmups release thread and what it provides in a scene thats starting to get dense.

pixelish

DETAILS ABOUT MARCH UPDATE!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/24/sfv-march-update---release-date-and-new-details

page still loading though

One feature that will not be making it into the March update will be the Zenny (real money) functionality of the in-game shop. We have taken a long hard look at this part of the store, and after much review, have decided it is not ready to launch just yet. As Zenny is purchased with real money, we wanted to be extra careful and make sure it’s fully tested and optimized before launching it. There is currently no ETA on the Zenny store and we will release it as soon as it’s ready.

We realize that this causes an inconvenience to fans who want to purchase the DLC characters, such as Alex, but do not have enough Fight Money or own the Season Pass. To address this, we will be making Alex available for free as a trial period to all players, until the Zenny shop launches. This also will apply to any future DLC character that releases prior to the Zenny shop launching. Once the Zenny shop launches, the free trial for any DLC characters that released prior to the Zenny shop opening will end, and players will need to either use Fight Money, Zenny, or the Season Pass to access those characters.

Man, I don't know I feel about Mike Ross beating up on KBrad on Capcom Pro Talk. Glad to see KBrad do well in FR but not him making fun of SnakeEyes (he makes gief look top tier)
I am glad I am not the only one struggling with the EX dive kick followup.

Edit; Annoucing release date finally! (March 28, Monday)

We get Chun and Ryu's story costumes for all the delay/no replies for fray.

Tripon

Finally, as a way of saying thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding throughout the beta phases and game launch we will be making Ryu and Chun-Li’s story mode costumes available for free to all users on March 30 as well. This is an 80,000 Fight Money value, almost the full value of a DLC character.

Thank you for continuing to support Street Fighter V and we promise that the game will continue to improve from here on out. More new updates, fixes and support for other pressing issues like rage quitters are in the works and we hope to have more information to share soon.

Until next time!

Free ugly Alpha Ryu and Cop Chunners outfits.

I'm surprised that Killer Instinct Season 3 will launch before Alex does in SFV.

Well, my time will be spent on that game primarily next week. IG beat you to the punch, Capcom.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
No mention of improvements to matchmaking, the rollback distribution issues or rage quitting.

Worthless patch is worthless.

Beckx

when you planned around having an in game store for people to buy things with real money as part of your business model

and then you aren't even sure that the store will work

if that doesn't sum up the SFV release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom