• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

It's mostly the stages that I feel are so much weaker in SF V than any other current gen fighter, and less stages than any other fighter as well if I'm not mistaken. Frankly I feel that all of them have it beat in that regard. Plus the 30 FPS NPCs in some of them make it even worse.
Even the music is weaker. I think only MKX had worse music, and that's because they go for that hollywood style music.

The same.

Yep. I remember a good deal of anger about it at the time.

Stages in SFV are definitely the worst part from a visual stand point but disagree on the music. Its mostly really solid, imo. A lot of them have already become memorable to me. Espsecially Rashid's theme.

pizzacat

Banned
Killer Instinct is legit as fuck but smash is kinda unfair because it has mother music

Also the riffs at the end of matches in SFV are sooo good but it's nowhere to be found online or in the ost smhhh

Slaythe

Why are GG opinions polar opposites ?

There's no middle ground !

To me, the GG soundtrack is mind blowing. The Ky themes are just too good.

GG and Blazblue have the best soundtracks
Heavy Day created the best intro for a game at evo.
And blazblue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-dBMhAOx4I&nohtml5=False

they are really the only fighting games that the music stands out as adding to the experience. Most Fighting games soundtracks are merely just there, and if they are inoffensive then thats acceptable. Thats the impressions I get from SFV.

Other fighters that have music that stands out, tend to stand out for the wrong reasons, like MvC2

I mentioned before that it's definitely cheating, but P4AU's OST is love. The songs exclusive for the game aren't as strong as the ones in 3/4, but they're still really good.

pizzacat

Banned
Aren't most of the themes just remixes from past persona games. O at least know that aegis' theme is

And if any game includes P3 characters and doesn't hit it up with remixes of

Way of Life
sun
time

They dead to me

but I would take that 2.0 update in a heartbeat

Dlent

The only thing I dislike about P4AU songlist is that hitting random will sometimes get you worthless songs, like the battle results screen song. Why the hell was that even put in? It might be the only FG where I think there's too much music.

Maybe I was a little too hard. Actually, it probably has GG beat :p

But when listening to tracks from Killer Instinct or Super Smash Bros. I'm completely blown away by how much better they are in that aspect. I mean just listen to this stuff.

I'm Back (To Rise)

Hinnamatoom

Menu (Melee): Ver. 2

Fire Field
Cinder's theme stands atop a mountain looking down on every other Killer Instinct theme. i cry everytiem it gets ignored in here.

The Guilty Gear X2 tracks are legitimately great. ASW's new offerings from Blazblu onwards simply don't compare.

Aren't most of the themes just remixes from past persona games. O at least know that aegis' theme is

Nah, most are pretty different. Only Aegis, Elizabeth and Yu's themes are remixes. And Elizabeth's is just straight up the battle for everyone's souls.

The only thing I dislike about P4AU songlist is that hitting random will sometimes get you worthless songs, like the battle results screen song. Why the hell was that even put in? It might be the only FG where I think there's too much music.

Since I pretty much know all the song names by heart, I never choose random, so i don't hit that problem

Always choose muscle blues

Nightii

Banned
oOjX9ET.png

Welp, I won't be able to look at Nash without laughing again.

shaowebb

『Inaba Resident』;200403294 said:
imo, I feel like French Bread's music is the best. Melty and UNIEL are amazing. KIs is really good as well. For some reason, I just can't get into BB or GG's songs. None of them really stand out to me.

You should hear the soundtrack to Koihime Enbu. SSH ( Saitama Saisyu Heiki ) did it and its every bit as phenomenal as the stuff they've done in the past for Touhou, Y's, and Atelier stuff.

Soundtrack playlist
Here's a track I dig
And another
And the best...THE RED CLIFFS!

A great soundtrack can really make a fighting game so much better than it already was.

Watching Dengeki for a while and it just seems that Trump card kind of opens up a lot of options for crazy stuff.

Definitely. Some moves gain new properties and you gain more cancels to string things together. Plus everyone's trump activation is different. Some are attacks with armor that come out upon activation making it one helluva wakeup!
The casual Extreme Butoden DBZ fighter on 3ds just received its online patch.

It's a lot of fun online (unlike cpu fights).

Here are examples of combos :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgUJHvfA8KA

I so need to play my copy more. So many assists to unlock! @_@
New KoF trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2996PVu5Z4

"Burn to Fight" is such a 90s slogan. :)

Ohhhhh man I like captain spookypants. I really can't wait for this title to hit!

BiggNife

The music in SFV is generally pretty good and definitely a step above 4's

Yes, KI 2013's soundtrack is better but also KI 2013 has maybe the best fighting game soundtrack of the past 15 years so that's not exactly a fair comparison

It's mostly the stages that I feel are so much weaker in SF V than any other current gen fighter, and less stages than any other fighter as well if I'm not mistaken. Frankly I feel that all of them have it beat in that regard. Plus the 30 FPS NPCs in some of them make it even worse.
Even the music is weaker. I think only MKX had worse music, and that's because they go for that hollywood style music.

Yep. I remember a good deal of anger about it at the time.

I'm still pissed over the stages. Who thought it was a good idea to have the random english band acting drunk?

I really like the soundtracks to KI, GGXrd, and BB.

The worst soundtrack is probably UMvC3. So many of those songs are garbage techno-ized rehashes.

Smash...when you aren't stuck on Smashville 24/7, it's good.

I really like the soundtracks to KI, GGXrd, and BB.

The worst soundtrack is probably UMvC3. So many of those songs are garbage techno-ized rehashes.

Smash...when you aren't stuck on Smashville 24/7, it's good.
The bad songs in UMvC3 are utter trash, but it still has good remixes.

People are always shocked when I ban Town & City/Smashville in tournaments, and even more shocked when they find out why lol

The bad songs in UMvC3 are utter trash, but it still has good remixes.

People are always shocked when I ban Town & City/Smashville in tournaments, and even more shocked when they find out why lol
I wish I could completely randomize music. The F-Zero stage has amazing music, but I can't see what's going on. :-(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Someone with good Photoshop skills make me a Destiny version of Tom Cruise throwing away the SFXT case into the ocean.

Nightii

Banned
Smashville was a mistake, and I say that as somebody that does like Animal Crossing and it's music.

Town and City is nowhere near the level of Smashville when it comes to overuse, so it's cool in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom