• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

On the other hand Axl and Slayer.

Jap Johnny is Cell and Jap Ky is Trunks.

You're not ever topping that with the english cast.

And english dub being mandatory ? Lel is that a joke ? Of course not. Hell even the next One Piece game is not getting english dub, nor did J stars. Many japanese games only have jap voices.

AAK

I read Rev is not getting an english dub to save budget.

Was a rumor.

If this is true I will be furious. Some of the JP VO's are designed just to make me tear my hair off my scalp and pop my eardrums. Please Arcsys, I want to support you...

I'd quit BB if Christina Vee's voice wasn't in it anymore

Jap Johnny is Cell and Jap Ky is Trunks.

You're not ever topping that with the english cast.

And english dub being mandatory ? Lel is that a joke ? Of course not. Hell even the next One Piece game is not getting english dub, nor did J stars. Many japanese games only have jap voices.
generally required for good sales

I'm also a fan of Faust's VA. With BB's surprisingly enjoyable English VA, I wonder what went wrong with GG's casting.
I havent played nearly as much GG as BB, but from what ive played I like it. Faust Axl, slayer, ramlethal, elphelt, all fantastic and the first three are more recognizable to me than the JP cast I grew up with on XX already

And not sure what you mean by that, Revelator is easily the best fighting game out this year, so your loss.

I bought Sign for $60, didn't like a single character, then the game went on sale for like $20 a month later smh.

I just googled the shit out of it and couldnt find anything pointing to that. Seems super doubtful since ASW dubbed sign and every version of BB

I hope it stays a rumor then.

El Sloth

Banned
So, can anyone here explain to me how and why this charge buffering/charge install-type thing works in SFV? Just curious why it is I can do things like cancel Alex's st.mp into stungun headbutt after a blocked mp chop.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
What tournies are there this week?

Other then regular weeklies (NLBC, WNF, CTB) there is a CPT ranking event in Brazil (Jam something or other). Apparently Justin Wong and K-Brad are going.

EDIT: It's called "Jam Festival".

Other then regular weeklies (NLBC, WNF, CTB) there is a CPT ranking event in Brazil (Jam something or other). Apparently Justin Wong and K-Brad are going.

EDIT: It's called "Jam Festival".
What if one of them wins. Do they go to the LA qualifier or do they sit it out. I guess it would depend on their status around that time.

I thought you posted earlier that the teams changed to have the complete madcatz, team eg and others
Initially, but I edited it out. It turns out it was the opposite, which I originally thought, but I could have sworn the comments made it seem madcatz, eg, etc.. was the new update. Turns out I misread them.

Still don't know the 3rd member of team china. I know Knee is taking part, and there is a team snk which probably features NL.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
What if one of them wins. Do they go to the LA qualifier or do they sit it out. I guess it would depend on their status around that time.

They would win a qualifying spot in the South American regional premiere event as well as both South American point and global points.

Nitroplus Blasterz is now up on EU PSN. Heart and Homura and some colors are free (for now?) so grab those if you're interested.

Game is really fun.

Seyavesh

ayyy that server disconnect fucking up a tourney match on spooky.
so much for it being a minor issue that's just a dumb ignorable thing

interesting about that ps4 license thing though... i wonder if that's a 'just connect to confirm it and then you can disconnect' or not? the way spooky worded the message sure made it sound like you had to be connected to continue playing the game which is ????

i thought the whole selling point of the ps4 vs xbone console war thing was how you didn't have to do that kinda 'check-in' for ps4 games

shaowebb

Nitroplus Blasterz is now up on EU PSN. Heart and Homura and some colors are free (for now?) so grab those if you're interested.

Game is really fun.

Jump on this people. Game is really good. You can call two assists simultaneously, you have something called vanishing guard thats piss easy to do that works like perfect guarding, you have a shorthop on every character to go for instant overheads, there are guard break tools and wall bounce tools, and a shit load of cancel mechanics for combo craziness plus a burst system that emphasizes using it for offense over panicking and using it to break a combo like ever. Damage is not touch of death, footsies are great, and movesets are fucking insane.

No seriously...the movesets are crazy. One character fights entirely through summoned folks and cats meaning her jump in attacks can hit LOW while she's at max height. Plus there are characters with tools like Sentinel, Lambda 11, and a shitload of unique stuff as well.
Just buy it.

Just watch this madness

jediyoshi

2WldxZE.png

lolwut

Hope this blows up an evo match one day

Jump on this people. Game is really good. You can call two assists simultaneously, you have something called vanishing guard thats piss easy to do that works like perfect guarding, you have a shorthop on every character to go for instant overheads, there are guard break tools and wall bounce tools, and a shit load of cancel mechanics for combo craziness plus a burst system that emphasizes using it for offense over panicking and using it to break a combo like ever. Damage is not touch of death, footsies are great, and movesets are fucking insane.

No seriously...the movesets are crazy. One character fights entirely through summoned folks and cats meaning her jump in attacks can hit LOW while she's at max height. Plus there are characters with tools like Sentinel, Lambda 11, and a shitload of unique stuff as well.
Just buy it.

Just watch this madness

Been meaning to try this and several other recently released fighters on PS4. Guess I could just hit the gamecenter instead of commuting to a disc purchase... but so lazy.... (will commit to trying them tormorrow).

Nitro+
Blade Arcus
Dengeki Bunko

are the three I need to sample at somepoint.

Shouta

If this is an issue with the 3.5 update, that's realllly bad, lol.

OH!

It was answered in the SFV thread.

Ah, I see. I checked and it is true. That would be a nice touch.

They are probably using a PS4 registered as a secondary console for the PSN account with the SF5 license. You have to be online and logged in the main account for you to play your digital games.

This is not necessary for the primary console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom