• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Yeah. Yeah. Ha. HA! FOOT FOOT DIVE!!

CfzeRyuUIAAS_yB.jpg

pixelish

another sponsorship news

meltdown has picked up mister crimson (the sick laura player who won cannes winter clash a while ago) as their replacement to luffy.
Meltdown ‏@meltdownbars 1h
We are proud to welcome @MistahCrimson in the Meltdown team as a competitive player! Welcome Champion!

jbug617

Banned
So EVO Japan is happening? I know Markman and Wizard tweeted that they are going to Japan this month so they are going to lock down dates and location?

That shouldn't be the basis on which you decide which character to play, though!

I'll allow it to influence your decision.

It's not the only thing I base it on.

But it's the most important thing

Good for US players, it might mean that we get a timely release.

Europe on the other hand...well, let's just say that Terry Bogard sums it up.

Well PS4 isn't region locked, so people in Europe wouldn't have to deal with the same bs that they do for 3DS Atlus games.

BadWolf

Now all KOF XIV needs is good netcode.

They seem to be trying at least:

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/atlus-publish-king-fighters-xiv-americas

Revamped Online Experience: The King of Fighters XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game’s netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. The King of Fighters XIV uses the PS4’s online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online The King of Fighters XIV profile to connect with friends.

Sayad

Good for US players, it might mean that we get a timely release.

Europe on the other hand...well, let's just say that Terry Bogard sums it up.
Doesn't look like they're the game's publisher in EU.

what's that bit about "single online profile"? wouldn't PSN handle cover that? Does this mean there are TBA platforms? does it mean it's another CFN type thing?

Sounds like it. If it is, then this is pretty much a confirmation that the game is coming to other platforms.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Hopefully that'll lead to cross platform play. Also hopefully the "greatly improved netcode" means rollback.

Slaythe

I hate rollback netcode.

Probably because I have 1gb/s connection. But rollback netcode on SFV has been a disaster, while GGxrd has been perfect :/ .

Sinatar

Yea the packets being sent are very small so you can have a 1Mbps connection or 100 and it doesn't matter. It's the consistency that matters, the lower your jitter with your opponent the better.

Serious question to you people playing SFV still, what keeps you playing? Everyone knows SFV bores me to tears but I honestly want to know WTF you guys see in this game.

What determines that? Your ping?

Ping is just a measure of distance and how fast the signal can go there and back.

The stability of the connection depends on a bunch of things from how your internet connection is wired to how traffic is being handled by your ISP. Ideally you shouldn't be dropping any packets and ping jitter shouldn't be too bad. If you are dropping a lot of packets there might be some issues with the internet connection at your place, this might not show up during regular online activities that don't require low latency response time.

Serious question to you people playing SFV still, what keeps you playing? Everyone knows SFV bores me to tears but I honestly want to know WTF you guys see in this game.

played it for the first time since beta 3 when alex launched and the game is still trash.

anytime i spend playing fighting games nowadays is on 3s and random stuff on fightcade.

petghost

Banned
Man vfs system is so simple and elegant and tekken is a mechanical clusterfuck. The movement is ridiculous.

Just putting it out there.

Anne

In case you weren't in Discord or missed it, I'm winding down my work for SRK and probably won't be popping up there anymore. I appreciate the opportunities I had there, but time to move on for me.

Sinatar

In case you weren't in Discord or missed it, I'm winding down my work for SRK and probably won't be popping up there anymore. I appreciate the opportunities I had there, but time to move on for me.

First Ian and now you, I take it something is going down behind the scenes there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom