• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAK

vulva, AAK, count, essay, will i see any of you at NB on saturday? my second to last toronto tournament... sniff...

Second last? Are you leaving Buffalo? I'll be at Toryuken, that will be my only tournament for the rest of the year. I'm going to be in the middle of a bunch of projects and I won't be travelling during that time.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Second last? Are you leaving Buffalo? I'll be at Toryuken, that will be my only tournament for the rest of the year. I'm going to be in the middle of a bunch of projects and I won't be travelling during that time.
yes i'm returning home to boston, see you at toryuken then!

Numb

nope cant think of a bad movie with 'room' in the title

not a one

516zihL.png

I actually respect more Julio after that talk, it seems like he has his shit together even before the sponsorship. Runs opposite of the whole FGC bum image that a lot of people have.

Tripon

what did he say
Juilo switched to a job that paid less, but gave him more time to train and go to tournaments. He was willing to fly himself out and was ready to try to go to tournaments for the year unsponsered. He basically said that you have to have balance in your life, but also take risks that can get you to the next level.

what did he say

He planned everything around his job (taking in account pay, time, and location), things like side gigs, and laid everything out so he could get to wherever he needed to be. He didn't expect to get sponsored so he just planned ahead assuming he wasn't ever going to be. Mike Ross and Floe was throwing shade at donation drives and complaining about not getting sponsored, things like that.

Numb

He planned everything around his job (taking in account pay, time, and location), things like side gigs, and laid everything out so he could get to wherever he needed to be. He didn't expect to get sponsored so he just planned ahead assuming he wasn't ever going to be. Mike Ross and Floe was throwing shade at donation drives and complaining about not getting sponsored, things like that.

smart fellow

El Sloth

Banned
lol CPT is rigged so America gets the most tournaments.

Saves money i guess.
Or... North America has a higher number of large events compared to other regions?

If not, then please call out these large events in other regions getting snubbed by the CPT.

No, you're right, but Capcom does favor North America in general.
Capcom wants more international representation, but I would rather the strongest players get into Capcom Cup. It makes for a better show when results are up in the air, and the higher level of play, the better. We'll see though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom