• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

4J8DyCh.png

s10satsu

Banned
I think the fragmentation of information sources and splintering of fighting game talk amongst a million different hard-to-find social media avenues is a huge problem, and I don't know of any way to really address it either.

Is there a BBS for BBCF or Revelator at all do you know? Something like:

http://jbbs.shitaraba.net/game/45148/ was for BBCP?

Even worse is that getting the info to NA depends on the few good translators and they all tend to favor their own characters for obvious reasons. Hopefully Dustloop picks up a bit with the US release of Revelator and CF.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
mbpm is the judas of the group. i knew he would eventually turn on us, he might reveal our tech on how we are so good at fighting games.

Zissou

Even worse is that getting the info to NA depends on the few good translators and they all tend to favor their own characters for obvious reasons. Hopefully Dustloop picks up a bit with the US release of Revelator and CF.

Dunno- maybe Anne knows?

Stuff being isolated in secret discord/skype/facebook groups or quickly lost to the twitter ether is an elephant in the room.

Anne

Dunno- maybe Anne knows?

Stuff being isolated in secret discord/skype/facebook groups or quickly lost to the twitter ether is an elephant in the room.

Nah, I'm so far out of anime stuff you have no idea. Everything I know is from watching vids and figuring out stuff mostly myself or finding the JP players explaining things on twitter/streams/elsewhere. I'm softbanned from DL and don't check any resource sites these days because it largely became a huge waste of time.

I don't want to shit on the people that actually know things and try to do stuff but boy is it hard when everything is clogged with nonsense. Its just way faster and easier to do things mostly on my own unless I seek out specific things. I wish I could just have videos and info of what I need but those resources are rare.

Shun

They all moved to twitter and more importantly LINE for discussion and sharing ideas and thoughts.

LINE group is private so I will not share that.

Twitter you just follow players that play a certain character and most of them are really nice people who are willing to share tips on characters and matchups.

Character rankings will be posted on twitter, but are discussed and made on LINE.

If you have a certain list of characters or players you want to follow, I have entire lists of twitter handles and accounts that I'll share. But I won't answer any question or provide any information on any of their personal stuff. You need to respect a player and their privacy unless you are personally acquainted with them.

This isn't your AFGC mess.

NEO0MJ

Yams spreads madness like wildfire. For a brief moment we were what the was supposed to be, a place of learning, deep discussion, friendship. Now that brief glimmer of hope won't even shine in a prism.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yams spreads madness like wildfire. For a brief moment we were what the was supposed to be, a place of learning, deep discussion, friendship. Now that brief glimmer of hope won't even shine in a prism.

It ain't my fault if the madness is contagious. The lot of you enjoy the chaos and prance around the flame like fireflies, I just add more jet fuel to it.

Zissou

Nah, I'm so far out of anime stuff you have no idea. Everything I know is from watching vids and figuring out stuff mostly myself or finding the JP players explaining things on twitter/streams/elsewhere. I'm softbanned from DL and don't check any resource sites these days because it largely became a huge waste of time.

I don't want to shit on the people that actually know things and try to do stuff but boy is it hard when everything is clogged with nonsense. Its just way faster and easier to do things mostly on my own unless I seek out specific things. I wish I could just have videos and info of what I need but those resources are rare.

Ahh- sorry, didn't mean to put you on the spot!

I'm with you on wishing for more good video stuff, but making it is a gigantic amount of work, and it has its own issues. I mean, certain kinds of content get HUGE representation in the video space. You can type in "sfv (insert character name here) combos" into youtube search and get a dozen videos. Same thing with character introductions/breakdowns/whatevers going over the basic stuff for any given character. Obviously, these types of videos NEED to exist, but there are a bunch of them covering much the same ground as one another, while other types of informative content get little to no representation. At the same time, combo videos/character breakdowns get views and can be relatively straightforward to make, so it can be hard to justify the effort to try more atypical stuff. For example, a video like this one (how to combat Sol corner pressure stuff) is incredibly useful, and it'd be awesome if similar videos were made for every character in xrd, but unfortunately, they don't exist. As helpful as the video is, it's only gotten ~2.5k views.

s10satsu

Banned
They all moved to twitter and more importantly LINE for discussion and sharing ideas and thoughts.

LINE group is private so I will not share that.

Twitter you just follow players that play a certain character and most of them are really nice people who are willing to share tips on characters and matchups.

Character rankings will be posted on twitter, but are discussed and made on LINE.

If you have a certain list of characters or players you want to follow, I have entire lists of twitter handles and accounts that I'll share. But I won't answer any question or provide any information on any of their personal stuff. You need to respect a player and their privacy unless you are personally acquainted with them.

This isn't your AFGC mess.

Ah. Ya no idea what LINE is beyond Jiyuna tweeting about it every now and then lol. I'm still not sure who I am playing in CF. Probably going Amane over Kokonoe but gonna mess with em both along with Izanami and Es. Once I decide I might take you up on the twitter handles. Probably going Raven in GG so no need for JP tech there heh.

Ah. Ya no idea what LINE is beyond Jiyuna tweeting about it every now and then lol. I'm still not sure who I am playing in CF. Probably going Amane over Kokonoe but gonna mess with em both along with Izanami and Es. Once I decide I might take you up on the twitter handles. Probably going Raven in GG so no need for JP tech there heh.
line is just a chat app, like discord but more individual focus than groups. However group chats are extremely common use there its just the app doesnt do them as well as discord.

And yea, I'm with the majority wishing our forum sites would start getting info rather than hidden in chats or on twitter. That shit is just extremely bad for the growth of the community.

For blaz and guilty, your best bet is watching match videos, which fortunately we have keeponblaz.in and keeponrock.in to make that easier.

If we want this to change, we'd have to convince prominent community members that this is a problem and to make a concerted effort to migrate back to forums.

But another problem to contend with in that regard is how the industries surrounding social media like Twitter have become a commodity for users and a traditional forum's incapacity to compete with that.

If we want this to change, we'd have to convince prominent community members that this is a problem and to make a concerted effort to migrate back to forums.

But another problem to contend with in that regard is how the industries surrounding social media like Twitter have become a commodity for users and a traditional forum's incapacity to compete with that.
I wouldn't even say migrate back is the answer, just use both

GorillaJu

LINE is more than just a chat group it's practically a social OS at this point. Being that it's made by NAVER, a Korean company, I assume it's not only in Japan that it's used as the primary link between different mobile OS's. But yeah literally everyone in Japan uses LINE.

LINE is more than just a chat group it's practically a social OS at this point. Being that it's made by NAVER, a Korean company, I assume it's not only in Japan that it's used as the primary link between different mobile OS's. But yeah literally everyone in Japan uses LINE.
I use it for several groups. And outside of chatrooms its functions are lackluster. Image albums are useful for groups, and there are feed style wallposts but they are annoying to navigate and I dont have anyone really using them in the groups im in.

Kumubou

The Rumble Fish

--

LINE is about as reliable as a chatroom as Twitter Group Messages are

(It's bad, stop using LINE.)
*mashes on advancing attack*

Rumblefish 2 is a huge improvement over the original... and it's still not that good. That should say something about the original game.

From my experience, LINE works about 100x better on mobile than Discord does. About half of my experience with Discord on mobile is "waiting to connect". That and LINE has 84736253837363 waifu stickers to spam people with.

From my experience, LINE works about 100x better on mobile than Discord does. About half of my experience with Discord on mobile is "waiting to connect".
Line on mobile is fine for what it is, it just lacks the features discord has for varied group discussion. Have to make whole new groups for things that are just channels in discord. I also havent had connection problems with discord on mobile
That and LINE has 84736253837363 waifu stickers to spam people with.
this is really what line is, though the brown stickers are the best
Ch0XW62.png

e27zlSw.png

That's only if you care about forums to begin with, and I'd almost be willing to bet money that there aren't nearly as many people who care about forums for info as you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom