• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurlyW

People are burying the lede on the Combo Breaker preliminary schedule announcement.

zwXAbOd.png

A 3 min trailer for the fg documentary featuring Daigo, justin, momochi, luffy, and gamerbee was shown on capcom japan's stream.

Player list for Thaiger Uppercut is out.

Gackt
Haitani
Eita
Go1
Dogura
Santarou
-R-
Itazan
Shiro
Tonpy
Jiewa
Gamerbee
Marn
Gootecks
Humanbomb

A 3 min trailer for the fg documentary featuring Daigo, justin, momochi, luffy, and gamerbee was shown on capcom japan's stream.

Player list for Thaiger Uppercut is out.

*list*

Is Daigo and the Topanga crew too hollywood for Ranking events. I know this is only the 2nd one, but I thought maybe they would have more sense of urgency. But it looks like they're just going to chill out and wait for the Premier Events instead.

Shouta

I'm trying BBCF for the first time and these new chars seem fun. I really like Izanami and Nine from the training mode credit I did with them. Naoto seemed fun too for a rekka char lol.

I'm trying BBCF for the first time and these new chars seem fun. I really like Izanami and Nine from the training mode credit I did with them. Naoto seemed fun too for a rekka char lol.

I tried to play some too when i was in town for NWM, huey kept bopping everyone with izayoi though so i couldn't do much labbing lol

So I was thinking about going to Wednesday Night Fights tonight since this is the first and probably only Wednesday I'll have off for a while. I was reading on the level up website that they play SF5 on pc. Does the Fighting Commander and Fighting Commander 4 work on pc?

I also can't find info for when the tournament starts.

So I was thinking about going to Wednesday Night Fights tonight since this is the first and probably only Wednesday I'll have off for a while. I was reading on the level up website that they play SF5 on pc. Does the Fighting Commander and Fighting Commander 4 work on pc?

Well it's WNF, so probably around 8 or 9.

Nuu

Banned
Where does the fighting game community go to chat? I know it used to be SRK ten years ago, but you guys were talking about Twitter and shit not long ago. Like are there like long strings of conversations or something? How does it work?

hwateber

I think registration cutoff is 930 but you can pre register on smash.gg. I haven't gone in several weeks, but the tournament usually didn't start until 10 ish

Tripon

Where does the fighting game community go to chat? I know it used to be SRK ten years ago, but you guys were talking about Twitter and shit not long ago. Like are there like long strings of conversations or something? How does it work?
Twitter? You follow a bunch of people that like to talk about fighting games.

Anne

Discord

Well it's WNF, so probably around 8 or 9.

I think registration cutoff is 930 but you can pre register on smash.gg. I haven't gone in several weeks, but the tournament usually didn't start until 10 ish
I haven't watched an entire tournament in a while, but damn that must mean it finishes late. Might have to do this when I'm on vacation instead. Having to wake up at 7 in the morning is kind of discouraging.

Tripon

PC Version is still only xinput. I know the FC4 is not usable since that is only dinput and that is what I have.

The new version of the fighting commander with the smaller dpad should have xinput and be PC compatible.

Is Daigo and the Topanga crew too hollywood for Ranking events. I know this is only the 2nd one, but I thought maybe they would have more sense of urgency. But it looks like they're just going to chill out and wait for the Premier Events instead.
Tokido, mago, momochi, and fuudo will be at SF Crash. Bonchan is doing a redbull marathon event. Daigo is doing his stream. I think they will hit up premier events, and then slowly add ranking events (not limited to Asia) should they need the points.

Pools were released
http://challonge.com/users/tgu

Tripon

Holy shit, never seen a grown man go from happy to sobbing crying so fast. It's okay James, Tasty Steve didn't mean it.

----

Edit:

Dreamhack Austin ranking event

Players:

Alex Myers
DL|FourWude
Dot|Danke
EFX|Julio
EG|Justin Wong
Gllty
Hsien Chang
EG|PR Balrog
EG|K-Brad
Liquid|NuckleDu
PG|Filipino Champ
EG|Ricki Ortiz
PG|Mashumaro
RB|Snake Eyez
Rylander

No idea who Mashumaro is.

Capcom also listed the commentators for Dreamhack Austin.

Commentators

Michael Yu – Stream producer
Anthony “crackfiend” Nguyen – Commentator
Christopher “Hellpockets” Fields – Commentator
David Philip “UltraDavid” Graham – Commentator
Duggish “amnsq” Gorman – Commentator
James “jchensor” Chen – Commentator
Schalon “Scha” McCurry – Commentator

http://capcomprotour.com/ranking-tournament-dreamhack-austin-2016/

It's kinda hilarious that Capcom still lists Crackfiend under his old name instead of 'Hypefiend', and that Capcom doesn't care about putting the name Crackfiend on their website.

-----

fuka.jpg

Name: KazeHana
Height: 156cm
Weight: 56kg
Blood type: O
Birthday: May 8
Home Country: Japan
Favorite thing: nap
Dislikes: study

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-112513.html
raika.jpg

Name: Kaminarihana
Height: 163cm
Weight: 58kg
Blood type: A
Birthday: February 14
Home Country: Japan
Favorite things: Mask Collection
     Guacamole
Dislikes: weak opponent

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-112502.html

storm.jpg

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-112503.html

nishisenba00.jpg

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-112501.html

yoko00.jpg

yoko01.jpg

ijwpw.jpg

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-112500.html

Visited Namco Broadway (?) and Mikado today.

Probably went at a bad time because they were pretty dead.

I also don't know how to change my controls on XRD properly

hwateber

I haven't watched an entire tournament in a while, but damn that must mean it finishes late. Might have to do this when I'm on vacation instead. Having to wake up at 7 in the morning is kind of discouraging.
Yeah it really took a toll on me at work the next day so I haven't gone in a while. I wish they would start earlier

shaowebb

Trailer
&
Indiegogo Page

for new indie 2D fighter titled "Rotten Core".
This looks like great fun but I see a LOT of moves from GG and KOF used. Sprite tracing?

EDIT: In collaboration with Elecbyte the M.U.G.E.N creator...possible sprite edits and some keyframe traces then. Still looks fun. Its not like its ripping off everything. Just some poses. It definitely has its own personality. Loved the shower scene tribute with the spooky lady.

Nuu

Banned
This looks like great fun but I see a LOT of moves from GG and KOF used. Sprite tracing?

EDIT: In collaboration with Elecbyte the M.U.G.E.N creator...possible sprite edits and some keyframe traces then. Still looks fun. Its not like its ripping off everything. Just some poses. It definitely has its own personality. Loved the shower scene tribute with the spooky lady.

The animation does look a bit rough at times. You can tell this isn't done by professional sprite artists.

NEO0MJ

Shit you're right! Well I expect that character will need some edits lol. I dont think the slip being different is quite distant enough from the "source" here.

It's the Ring Girl, so I don't think Arc has any claims to that. Though this version is pretty plain design wise. Hisako from KI was nice because while the inspiration was obvious they did a unique take on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom