• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikon

Hi guys, just wanted to say in a sea of internet shit and trolling, thanks for the support from this community over the years. I greatly appreciate it.

Daigod stream saturday gooooo I want to bop them
Good luck Art, I'll be watching and cheering for you.

CurlyW

I wish torunaments would start closing registrations like a month early and get pools posted then. Would make scheduling so much easier...

Well, the reason we're closing reg this Monday (instead of in two weeks) is because unlike last year, I have a full time real job so I can't devote an entire work week to making brackets like I used to.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Hi guys, just wanted to say in a sea of internet shit and trolling, thanks for the support from this community over the years. I greatly appreciate it.

Daigod stream saturday gooooo I want to bop them

Keep kickin butt!

regarding CB: I don't get folks who buy their plane ticket but not register. Seems like it'd be the other way around.

Well, the reason we're closing reg this Monday (instead of in two weeks) is because unlike last year, I have a full time real job so I can't devote an entire work week to making brackets like I used to.
This is what I really want, however based on your schedule does it mean pools information will be at about the same time, or will we get them earlier?

Basically I see GG is going to have pools on friday, if i'm not in those pools I'm going to spend friday over at round one playing BBCF. If I'm in those pools though...I gotta figure out how I'm going to get to round one after pools since the guys I'm going with that have the car will be already at round one.

And basically this just carries over to my feelings on all tournies, if the pools release sooner it makes it way easier to schedule vacation time alongside tourney plans

CurlyW

This is what I really want, however based on your schedule does it mean pools information will be at about the same time, or will we get them earlier?

Basically I see GG is going to have pools on friday, if i'm not in those pools I'm going to spend friday over at round one playing BBCF. If I'm in those pools though...I gotta figure out how I'm going to get to round one after pools since the guys I'm going with that have the car will be already at round one.

And basically this just carries over to my feelings on all tournies, if the pools release sooner it makes it way easier to schedule vacation time alongside tourney plans

We'll see, a lot does depend on the people in charge of seeding individual games getting back to me. Hopefully initial pools are posted no later than May 22 (which would still be earlier than most tournaments).

Btw, I still don't understand why Japan only gets 3 tournements on the cpt. It's the strongest region in Asia. Their tournaments would likely all get more than 200 players which other tournaments in Asia will struggle to get.

My impressions were that Capcom are most likely to grant CPT status to established tournaments. The US is very strong is that area. Japan has very little history of running community driven singles tournaments. From the looks of it they basically granted a few ranking events to a few idividuals(or groups) that promised that they would run a event even though they have no date or even a name for their event yet.

I think the other Asians were also aggressive in pursuing CPT status for their tourney and Capcom probably wanted to distribute CPT status throughout Asia. Which is why we're still getting a less than 100 man Thaiger Uppercut tourney as a ranking event.

I just realized that GGXrd-R releases in 1 month. Wow!

Where is my Dizzy trailer?!

Though I might also play Raven - I like his fighting style. Massive pokes, projectile into mixups, and a hyper armor move that does...something good...

fucking a, Beef >:|

image.php

Sayad

I just realized that GGXrd-R releases in 1 month. Wow!

Where is my Dizzy trailer?!

Though I might also play Raven - I like his fighting style. Massive pokes, projectile into mixups, and a hyper armor move that does...something good...
Probably wont be available on release.

Rhapsody

Banned
I kind of wish certain communities didn't embrace poverty like that. It's like some people flaunt it lol.

Feels like we should try to move on from it instead of get stuck getting defined by it.

At least one Guile player isn't too thrilled with him. I wonder what the Guile masters think.

which guile player?

I can imagine his limitations though. The combo video stuff probably won't be too viable in tournament play since he has so little corner carry. It'll be tough to force your oppoent there.

That and his plasma game is worse than in 4. I think he recovers from booms 7 frames slower?

.la1n

I had no idea people would be so up in arms over player caps. I'm not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination but I've always managed to (even working part time retail) to plan out flight + registration to tournaments. That was when you didn't have nearly as much notice on tournament dates.

Side note: so glad I'm registered and flight booked for CB.

CO_Andy

Maybe Deminion
"Most interesting version of Guile" doesn't exactly sound like a knock against his main.

Went to check EventScrubs and can't find any info on his stamina. Is he 1000? He was downgraded to 900 in USF4. Also wtf Birdie has the same stamina as Gief?

DunpealD

which guile player?

I can imagine his limitations though. The combo video stuff probably won't be too viable in tournament play since he has so little corner carry. It'll be tough to force your oppoent there.

That and his plasma game is worse than in 4. I think he recovers from booms 7 frames slower?

Obviously ChrisG. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Corner combo is viable, but as you said in higher level play you won't see it as often and if you see it, it is probably more of a rare hype moment like a comeback after a back throw. V-trigger is more likely to be used to put opponent under pressure.

Prima guide says 10(11ex) startup and 28(26ex) recovery for what's worth. Not sure if this is correct, since they already did a mistake about st.HP being -6 instead of -4.

Dahbomb

Guile has worse recovery on his fireballs but he has faster charges than before. Plus he out zones everyone in the game because of his V skill. You thought FANG was a dedicated zoner? Ayy lmao Guile is going to zone him out for free.

So no one is winning a fireball war against Guile and a lot of anti fireball stuff doesn't work against Guile's V Skill Booms. Guile's normals are very good for SFV where a lot of characters have stubby normals. Then you have stuff like far CC Back fist full combo which Guile is going to get randomly because it's something he uses as part of his game plan anyway.

Character is going to be good. You just have to change up your Boom game, you have to use his V Skill a lot more than other character's.

The combos are nice too which means there is actual chance of being stunned against Guile. This means that players like Du and Dieminion will both shine with him.

Can't wait to see some Guile play soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom