• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

I mean I was rooting for Daigo but I didn't want to see Art lose that badly. I missed the first set but from the looks of it Art won the first game and then lost 10 straight to Fuudo and Daigo. Am I seeing that right?

Omg

Poor art

I don't want to look at r/Kappa but I do

jediyoshi

Never forget
QSyMljG.png

shaowebb

Ouch. He just got overwhelmed after he won that first match that was really a neck and neck bout. After that...it wasn't even close. Kept seeing Mika abuse the sparta kick looking thing over and over after round one. Guess it either eats stuff or leaves her favorable to close the gap on trade. Either way, Art just couldn't shake her off enough. He did what he could with throws, but you could see the times he guessed wrong and ate nearly half health on a bad attempt. Just couldn't secure the neutral vs the boot and rolls.

I kept telling Art in the chat that there were so many talented players he hadn't played, and thus couldn't accurately gauge Japan's skill in SFV. I think we're getting closer to determining their level after this week. Yubiken didn't fair too well in Thailand.

Personally I think Japan's strongest are clearly Tokido, Haitani, Mago, and Go1. After them is MOV, Eita, Momochi, Nemo, Bonchan, Fuudo, Daigo, etc...

CyberZ on openrec streamed their announcement of their sfv esports league, Rage League.

topic-04123-7.png

They announced that the Rage League will consist of 3 parts, the Rage Online League, Rage Grand Tournament, and the Master League. It's a bit confusing.

Rage Online League
-25 years old and under
-3-5 weeks of 128 man tournaments
-top 4 get awarded points (4 pts, 3, 2, 1)
-top 16 point leaders go to a finals
-purpose of this is to give younger players exposure, to help them get better, and to flat out discover great talent

Rage Grand Tournament
-Qualifier in Tokyo and Osaka
-top 8 of each qualifier goes to the Rage Grand Finals where they will be competing for prize money

Master League
-there will be about 4 of these 128 man tournaments
-prize money awarded
-single elim, 1 loss and you're eliminated until top 16, where it's 2 games and you're eliminated
-char lock
-first master league is at esports square on the 28th

Nuu

Banned
CyberZ on openrec streamed their announcement of their sfv esports league, Rage League.

They announced that the Rage League will consist of 3 parts, the Rage Online League, Rage Grand Tournament, and the Master League. It's a bit confusing.

Why only 25 years and under for the online league?

Nuu

Banned
They have probably taken to heart all of Japan's sponsored players expressing the need for younger players to reach the highest level in order to grow and sustain the community long term.

I've heard someone comment that the competitive fighting game scene lacks young blood. I wonder if this is true?

"Dear america yall ain't shit"

Man that seemed so subtle and brutal at the same time lol. Whatever it actually meant it seemed like Daigo wanted to send some kind of message with that line after finishing the set against Art.

As for Art, a lot of haters are piling on him right now. I think he did bring some of it upon myself by calling them out constantly with his recent tweets. Either way the haters would have piled on whether he said anything or not with these results. I don't think this ruined his trip or anything, I'm sure he still had a great time over there. I'm looking forward to hearing his thoughts whenever he gets back to the states.

I've never seen kappa blow up like this before. It wasn't this bad even when PerfectLegend got blown up 13-0. This is on another level.
Art shouldn't have entertained them. A lot of them are obsessed with him right now. Art also shouldn't have popped off on Japan as it's not like they were shit talking Art. This isn't shit though.

Daigo got shit on for like 4 straight days by 2ch during the kumite weekend.

I've never seen kappa blow up like this before. It wasn't this bad even when PerfectLegend got blown up 13-0. This is on another level.

i thought the way he looked on stream was bad enough after losing but the r/kappa and twitter savagery that came afterwards is on a different level.

The Art stuff is pretty damn funny, but I don't think he deserves any hate. All along the point of his trip was to show that Japanese players aren't mythical gods, and he beat his fair share of them over there. There's nothing wrong with getting bopped by Fuudo and Daigo, especially after they said they practiced anti-Sim stuff beforehand. I've been following his journey through Japan pretty close on Twitter and through his stream. His confidence in his game is nothing to be ashamed of. He was pretty humble in discussing why he lost as well.

As far as looking awkward goes, I mean it's Art. He walked in the door looking awkward, he's kind of an awkward dude lol. The attire could've been better though.

ShinMaruku

Only thing I will say on art is some of it is self inflicted. The popping off the tweets the secret discord the over use of illuminati and what not, you can say it's self inflicted.

The Art stuff is pretty damn funny, but I don't think he deserves any hate. All along the point of his trip was to show that Japanese players aren't mythical gods, and he beat his fair share of them over there.

It's more than that. It's the accusation that the audience of the west supporting players from out of country is *wrong*. We're their audience. There should be donation drives for American players to go to events, not Japanese/Poongko, etc. Rooting for unknown player from Asia who rarely goes to events over established Pro Gamer who wins all the time, Justin Wong, is *wrong*

Infinite

It's more than that. It's the accusation that the audience of the west supporting players from out of country is *wrong*. We're their audience. There should be donation drives for American players to go to events, not Japanese/Poongko, etc. Rooting for unknown player from Asia who rarely goes to events over established Pro Gamer who wins all the time, Justin Wong, is *wrong*

art said that? i havent really been following any of this stuff

Man that seemed so subtle and brutal at the same time lol. Whatever it actually meant it seemed like Daigo wanted to send some kind of message with that line after finishing the set against Art.

As for Art, a lot of haters are piling on him right now. I think he did bring some of it upon myself by calling them out constantly with his recent tweets. Either way the haters would have piled on whether he said anything or not with these results. I don't think this ruined his trip or anything, I'm sure he still had a great time over there. I'm looking forward to hearing his thoughts whenever he gets back to the states.

It was for all dem American Sim players, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom