• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Steam SF5 preloaded, my JP PS4 copy coming in on Thursday. I'M READY.

As soon as I stop playing Overwatch :(

Beckx

Neutral Jump Kappa

Better idea than anything I thought of against Necalli in the corner last beta. :(

----------

Interesting article with notes from Ono about SFV development. https://t.co/o6u5WmB7hW

Capcom handled 60-70% of development internally; the rest DIMPS. SF1 producer & DIMPS president Nishiyama was the one who suggested a move away from long combo strings. Big hands and feet are there as visual indicators for players.

Better idea than anything I thought of against Necalli in the corner last beta. :(

----------

Interesting article with notes from Ono about SFV development. https://t.co/o6u5WmB7hW

Capcom handled 60-70% of development internally; the rest DIMPS. SF1 producer & DIMPS president Nishiyama was the one who suggested a move away from long combo strings. Big hands and feet are there as visual indicators for players.

SF1 producer

this who they takin advice from b

shaowebb

Yay! New thread for me to continue posting random comments on:

• poverty fighters no one plays
  • obscure system mechanics and metas
  • Incredible customization options in Arcana Heart and its insane goodness being marred by its insane theme
  • Tatsunoko vs Capcom being good and how its popping up in side tournies like it means anything
  • Fucked up assists in all these waifu fighters
  • How I should use Blaz Blue as more than just a story book and actually play it like a fighter more
  • NRS titles and praising TYM forums
  • Leading questions
  • Makin stuff
  • How other people make stuff
  • industry politics and business
  • That time I posted this.

Hurray for a new thread. :)
EDIT: I think this one post used up all my topics of conversation for a month lol.

mbpm1

• Incredible customization options in Arcana Heart and its insane goodness being marred by its insane theme
  • Tatsunoko vs Capcom being good and how its popping up in side tournies like it means anything
  • How I should use Blaz Blue as more than just a story book and actually play it like a fighter more
  • Makin stuff

Don't forget that shopped combofiend gif

• Makin stuff

but now with less lewd ;-;

shaowebb

Don't forget that shopped combofiend gif

You mean THIS one ?
wiBTRSF.gif

Now theres your OT eye catcher gif lol.

Beckx

Sayad, is this right?

The only intro movie you seem to get is a very short and quite compressed version of that cool CGI trailer we saw some days ago where most characters battle each other, so not that full version and not the alternative version with the licensed song. This short movie only plays the first time you boot up the game it seems, the second time the game immediately seems to go to the main menu (where it stays, so no "attract mode" of any kind either). If that trailer movie really ends up not being in the game at all, to a single-player focused fan like me who sometimes enjoys putting the game on in the background this sucks!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yes, even after downloading the update it's only the short version they showed at PSX and there doesn't seem to be any attract mode.

I don't know why they keep doing this. They did the same thing with UMvC3. Use a shortened preview version of the attract video. I can hazard a guess that it's because they didn't have the final version ready to go before the game went gold or something, but it still seems like a really dumb oversight.

Steam SF5 preloaded, my JP PS4 copy coming in on Thursday. I'M READY.

As soon as I stop playing Overwatch :(
Yep, not sure why this game is so addictive. So many metrics to look at and see what you did and did not do. Certain maps feel defense or offense heavy.

Dlent

One thing I'm interested in seeing is if every single win is going to be counted towards an offensive style like it was in the beta.

considering my interest in SFV was already pretty low, a barebones game won't help me put 60 bucks on it.

The beta proved I could at least have a little fun with it, but I need something substantial to make sure I get my money out of it even if I get bored with the competitive side. Once the story is available I'll reconsider, but by then Xrd revelator will be here

Beckx

All I really care about is 1v1 online play and training mode tbh so I'm fine with SFV launching like that.

my list:

• solid, fun game - check
  • it's a new Street Fighter - check
  • 1v1 local play - check
  • true ladder system for online play - check (I think)
  • content updates coming - check
  • replays - check
  • solid netcode - open
  • youtube uploading on PC - idk?
  • attract mode (I like to keep a game on in my cabinet for background) - nope
  • Easy controller support on PC - nope
  • arcade mode - nope
  • spectator mode - nope/March

Overall I'll be fine with it & enjoy it but there are little disappointments, too. Hopefully Survival mode is a decent replacement for arcade mode.

Infinite

You filthy apologist.

kappa

Splatoon was my personal game of the year last year and that too was also criticized for having barebones content initially at launch but it released a ton of content afterwards.

considering my interest in SFV was already pretty low, a barebones game won't help me put 60 bucks on it.

The beta proved I could at least have a little fun with it, but I need something substantial to make sure I get my money out of it even if I get bored with the competitive side. Once the story is available I'll reconsider, but by then Xrd revelator will be here
That's completely fair. I have to ask, do you eventually see yourself getting the game once the content gets there?

Nightii

Banned
Splatoon was my personal game of the year last year and that too was also criticized for having barebones content initially at launch but it released a ton of content afterwards.

I was joking, man. :(

I loved and (still love) and play Splatoon to this day (getting closer to that S ranking!), I can deal with SFV the way it is now just fine too.

Marz

Two player lobbies are actually severely harmful to the online ecosystem. Online stays alive to the extent that it feels alive. The two ways it does is either having enough population to sustain Ranked play from where people can go into Endless.

The other way, for smaller populations, are open lobbies that give a sense of community and help with general ability to actually see that people are there.

SFV has the Ranked pop, so that shouldn't be much of a problem, but 1v1 lobbies only is bad for a game's long term health.

Based off what? You got some data to back this up or this some shit you pulled out of your ass?

Is playing through the survivor mode or story mode the quickest way to get in-game currency? I wasn't planning on touching it til the actual story update, but maybe I'll have to grind it in order to buy Alex

That's completely fair. I have to ask, do you eventually see yourself getting the game once the content gets there?
idk, if it had the content at launch I would definitely be more interested since it wouldnt be competing with revelator. Once it has the content I definitely will consider it more, but its timing gets worse. Maybe once it has content and I'm between games I'll be more willing

My problem with splatoon was more how it gates content with those awful 4 hour windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom