• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO_Andy

Im not sure if that would change anything.

Honestly, I wonder what changes you would need to make a smash game be as spectator friendly as Street Fighter.
Make it play like this

yuyu-6.png

Lmao...What? . For a 2600 lb ( roughly 1200 lbs less than the average car ) car which costs $25k it is bad? ok. While also having the lowest center of gravity in any sports car. Almost every car in that price range have similar Power:Weight ratio. It also reacts very well to turbo charging roughly doubling its output. Its an amazing platform.

First of all the car is closer to 2700, second that's not light that average for performance cars. Third the engine is generic booty. Toyota should have colaborated with Yamaha again & just built a newer better 3SGE.

.la1n

What car did he win? I guess I missed that.

Edit: Oh...FR-S, I do recall that. Eh, I wouldn't kick one out of bed. I'm not a "car guy" though.

Kumubou

I 100% totally forgot they were going to do CPT online tournaments this year lol
Can't wait to watch someone alt-tab their way to a regional CPT qualifier. Capcom really needs to fix the issues they have with online play before they run tournaments. Since that's never happening, they may as well scrap the concept.

MrDaravon

Can't wait to watch someone alt-tab their way to a regional CPT qualifier. Capcom really needs to fix the issues they have with online play before they run tournaments. Since that's never happening, they may as well scrap the concept.

....the first one is in 6 days.

Shadoken

What car did he win? I guess I missed that.

Edit: Oh...FR-S, I do recall that. Eh, I wouldn't kick one out of bed. I'm not a "car guy" though.

I think anyone who isnt a Car guy would have sold it. Its not a particularly comfortable car and can only Seat 2 people ( you would have to decapitate your legs to sit in the back) . Plus its a cool 25-30k in the pocket , thats a lot considering he already won 50k at that Event I believe.

Also I dont how the City he lives in is , but if its like the cities in the US then having a car might be a pain ( parking,traffic..etc).

First of all the car is closer to 2700, second that's not light that average for performance cars. Third the engine is generic booty. Toyota should have colaborated with Yamaha again & just built a newer better 3SGE.

At that price you cant expect much. Only other sportscar in that range is a Miata which also has similar specs. 200hp out of a NA 2.0 litre is pretty impressive ( though its no s2000 , that was bonkers but was priced so as well) . And Nah 2700 is still plenty light , Only thing I can think of thats lighter is Lotus and Miatas. Every other car company been making Fattys lately. Even Porsches and corvettes are well above 3k lbs. People hate on the Subaru engine coz it has no torque on the low end , Ill give it that. But on a track you need to drive it at that high RPM and its bliss. But yea I would have loved a high revving Yamaha engine , but it might have shot up the price a bit.

RedSwirl

So is Capcom basically never going to add DInput support to SFV on PC? MadCatz released its own drivers, but only for the SFV controllers. I'm still hanging on to the original TE I bought for the PS3. I really don't want to have to spend $200 on a new stick. I don't even think I have space for one. The only way I'd even consider it is if I could sell my original TE.

Shadoken

So is Capcom basically never going to add DInput support to SFV on PC? MadCatz released its own drivers, but only for the SFV controllers. I'm still hanging on to the original TE I bought for the PS3. I really don't want to have to spend $200 on a new stick. I don't even think I have space for one. The only way I'd even consider it is if I could sell my original TE.

Wasnt there something in the upcoming Juri patch that had some DInput test driver? Or did it lead to nothing.

Tripon

I 100% totally forgot they were going to do CPT online tournaments this year lol

....the first one is in 6 days.

http://capcomprotour.com/announcing-capcom-pro-tour-online-ranking-events/

First one is July 31st for the NA region.

At the same time as Defend the North in New York, and Sonic Boom in Spain.

If I'm a pro and I didn't live anywhere near DtN. Why the hell would I travel for hard points when I can gamble on online tournaments and make sure I'm not facing the best NA players who did travel for Defend the North?

Also, Vanguard 2 is this weekend. Busy weekend for Level up Live who are slated to run both Vanguard, which is a Redbull proving ground qualifier and the online CPT event.

Kumubou

Dantarion put out a patch that adds DInput support to SF5 that took him a few hours to implement. So if you want to get it working now, you can. However, if you really need an official implementation, Capcom has shown to have the agility of an iceberg so you'll be waiting until they have all of the other things they already put on their roadmap along with really important things to them, like stopping mods and from people actually unlocking colors.

The original PS3 TE sometimes doesn't work on PCs due to using some weird USB 1.1 version... but other than that you should be able to use x360ce.

And yeah LOL at the SFV online qualifiers. Talk about the PC crowd's advantage being unfair. That version can have vsync hard switched off which halves the input lag compared to PS4.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'd be curious in reading everything you've got now rhapsody
As would I. I'm trying to decide between Haehyun and Dizzy.
Well, it's nothing that I came up entirely on my own. It's just me piecing together information and testing them on characters.

Generally midscreen, 2D definitely grants the best oki in a common BnB. P fish meaty only works up close, but that means sacrificing damage before 2D ender just for the 3 bites. For Dizzy you might as well try to balance out damage and oki since she can't run over opponents by dominating with just one. Slightly further away if you did P fish, you can do dash 2P/5K meaty so they can't jump out before the fish bite. Not worth it since you'll have 2 bites left after that which is not too different from K fish and less safe. Both P and K fish have the same attack level as well, so same blockstun. And of course P fish just whiffs if you're too far away because tracking/range is bad.

K fish is best after 2D ender. Might have to delay after 2D to get it to meaty. Best range of the 2 bites. Just remember there are gaps since attack level is low. After you recover from K fish, TK bubble like old Dizzy into air dash mixups to get that low height. Make sure to start with jK after the air dash though. If you don't or you're too slow, they can IB into blitz/DP.

H fish after 2D ender isn't bad either. Only works on Leo, Bedman, Venom, Jam, and a few others iirc. Everyone else can jump before the laser comes out. Before Dizzy could do H fish into IAD crossup then air dash back in for a high or low if blocked. Not as good in Revelator due to blitz. IAD into bubble for a non-crossup is blitz safe though. YRC after bubble and go high/low or block a possible DP into time.

Keep in mind, if you try to do 2D H fish into IAD on a character that wakes up faster than the laser hits, they can up back and air throw you. Don't autopilot this if someone knows the matchup.

Last one off of 2D is 421S. You'll have to delay it on some characters. I don't use it much since it's not like old Dizzy 421S where you could hold it. iirc due to the limited timing, it doesn't cross up from what I tested. Either you block the original way or you get crossup protection to let you block both ways. You can at least get the high or low after the IAD, still not Blitz safe, however.

Other possible enders are Ice Spike, Fire Pillar, and 6H (there's more but we'll just go over these). Like shadowsoldier said, Ice Spike isn't great as an ender midscreen. Corner it's a bit better, but you still don't get a meaty fish oki. Again, can do 2P before the fish hits, if you want. I generally do Ice Spike ender for RC combos. Fire Pillar enders are really good. You only get them off of 2H or specific routes though. If you're able to though, I'd do that ender for damage and good oki.

6H (uncharged) is another good ender. Sometimes seen at the end of RC combos, but you'll see it a lot off of throw combo. Just throw dash up 2P 6P 6H. Works midscreen too and allows for meaty P fish (usually) and K fish.

Keep in mind, 6H ender makes people fall face up, so the timing's going to be a bit different on some of the cast. You'll just have to lab or get a feel for how much you'll have to delay.

While a lot of what people said in the past page wasn't false, Dizzy's oki is pretty finnicky in that distance and wakeup times can make options not too universal.

Rhapsody

Banned
Merci, Rhapsody!

What about 421H, is it always too slow?

That's one I haven't messed with too much as oki. You can get it to meaty after a fully charged 6H on a juggle opponent (as long as they're not too high). There's probably some good uses for it there, I just haven't been able to figure much out yet. Been using it only on RC combos and sometimes for zoning.

It can be neat with YRC though. Charge at least one dagger and then YRC. You can move around and release H for the dagger whenever you want.

Tripon

Notable names in the Online tournament:

(Notable as if I recognized the name or not. I have no idea on talent)

http://levelup.challonge.com/cpt2016_northamerica1

Group A
FilipinoMan
Mindfluxed (Gaffer)

Group B
Zaferino (Doesn't this due live in the NY area? Not going to Defend the North?)
Das Danke (DOT eSports)

Group C
BT Viscant

Group D
Tuboware

Group E
N/A

Group F

Nagata Locke
Nacer

Group G

N/A

Group H

Moaradin (Gaffer)

Group I

BrettisCool

Group J

Commander Jesse

Group K

XsK_Samurai

Group L

CJ Showstopper
Fubarduck

Group M

Gilty

Group N

ThatMikeRossGuy (lol, don't think this is really Mike Ross)

Group O

FGTVLive (Is this FChamp?)

Group P

N/A

Ron K

This seems like the most appropriate place to ask - how are TE2s holding up in everyone's scene? Because if I were to judge purely based on my scene, it's one of the worst line of sticks ever released. Between the 6 of us that have one, we've had the following problems: Stick arrived DOA (sent back for repair and returned DOA), 3 cables that stopped working and had to be replaced replaced (and one that was replaced just stopped working again this week), all of our plexis were all kinds of disgusting and messed up within a couple of weeks of ownership (never had this problem with plexi from Tek Innovations), the one of us that uses his the least has cracks at the top. Also, and this might just be due to a decline in Sanwa quality, two of us picked up the TE2 Sol artwork from Arcsys at Evo...and between the two of us all but 3 of 16 buttons broke upon removal (the snap-in tabs wouldn't snap).

....and honestly there are probably more I don't know of/forgot.

Neoxon

This seems like the most appropriate place to ask - how are TE2s holding up in everyone's scene? Because if I were to judge purely based on my scene, it's one of the worst line of sticks ever released. Between the 6 of us that have one, we've had the following problems: Stick arrived DOA (sent back for repair and returned DOA), 3 cables that stopped working and had to be replaced replaced (and one that was replaced just stopped working again this week), all of our plexis were all kinds of disgusting and messed up within a couple of weeks of ownership (never had this problem with plexi from Tek Innovations), the one of us that uses his the least has cracks at the top. Also, and this might just be due to a decline in Sanwa quality, two of us picked up the TE2 Sol artwork from Arcsys at Evo...and between the two of us all but 3 of 16 buttons broke upon removal (the snap-in tabs wouldn't snap).

My TE2's holding up pretty damn well, actually.

Skilletor

Sanwa tabs are garbage. They always break.

I have three TE2s, all holding up under lots of use.

Replaced the garbage plexi, though.

I can't participate in the CPT Online tournament because it on a Sunday and I work that day. But even if I didn't, I don't think I'd be allowed to. They require 5mbps upload and you must prove it by sending in a link with your speedtest result. My ISP is Charter and though I pay for 60/5, I'm always getting low 30's in download speeds and low 4's in upload. I just did a test a minute ago and this is my result.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5503918857

The next one in October is on a Sunday. I hope they change their requirements a bit(which I doubt) because I'd like to participate. I play online just fine the vast majority of the time with what I got. I do wonder though if a lot of players that registered have around the same upload speed as mine or less will get booted from the tournament.

NEO0MJ

This seems like the most appropriate place to ask - how are TE2s holding up in everyone's scene?

No scene here but I've been using mine for over a year and it's fine. Used to think there was a problem with it for a while but it turns out that it was because I messed up the controller settings on PC.
I have to agree about the plexiglass not being clean, though. Just ordered a plexiglass and prints from Tek Innovation and should get them in a couple of weeks.

Tripon

I uh, take no responsibility for that link outside contents.

----

Even Mr. Wizard call the guy "The Ghost of Marvel 2".

shaowebb

Doesn't Juicebox pretty much rock Team Waifu + a third? He's mained a King/Leona team for a long while now. Plus thats not even your typical waifus given the game has Athena, Kula, Mai, Alice, and Yuri plus all the oddballs that dont typically fit waifu categories.

Trust a guy who plays waifu fighters...KOF has waifus.

.la1n

I think anyone who isnt a Car guy would have sold it. Its not a particularly comfortable car and can only Seat 2 people ( you would have to decapitate your legs to sit in the back) . Plus its a cool 25-30k in the pocket , thats a lot considering he already won 50k at that Event I believe.

Also I dont how the City he lives in is , but if its like the cities in the US then having a car might be a pain ( parking,traffic..etc).

All valid points. You'd think if it's a 2 seat car they would at least try to make those 2 seats comfortable to sit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom