• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perro

So why does Europe do worse than us when they work less.
God knows why a business needs to take their servers down for 8-10hrs every time they deploy new code. Always in peak hours for us Europeans - thanks Capcom.

pZbTiDD.png

maTztK0.png

tmRUa16.png

k3vpHT5.png

4WHcfhA.png

IV1dfLz.png

cyaZJk4.png
Thats why.
also they aren't.

Hope this is the right thread for this question, but I'm new to this sort of thing.

Basically, I can get this fight stick for around $50, but I'm not sure if it works with the PS4. I tried looking it up, but I could only find a few recent things.

If you don't want to click the link it's the Qanba Q4RAF. I'm guessing $50 is a good price for it considering that Amazon price. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hope this is the right thread for this question, but I'm new to this sort of thing.

Basically, I can get this fight stick for around $50, but I'm not sure if it works with the PS4. I tried looking it up, but I could only find a few recent things.

If you don't want to click the link it's the Qanba Q4RAF. I'm guessing $50 is a good price for it considering that Amazon price. Thanks in advance for any help.

try asking here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483428
they're really knowledgeable

AFAIK, that stick would only work on PS4 games that support legacy drivers. This includes Skullgirls, Revelator, MKX, USF4 and SFV if I'm not mistaken.

in ps3 mode it'll work as a legacy controller for fighting games. well it says $210 for me but 50 bucks for that stick is pretty good

try asking here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483428
they're really knowledgeable

AFAIK, that stick would only work on PS4 games that support legacy drivers. This includes Skullgirls, Revelator, MKX, USF4 and SFV if I'm not mistaken.

in ps3 mode it'll work as a legacy controller for fighting games. well it says $210 for me but 50 bucks for that stick is pretty good

Thanks!

I'll head over to that thread and ask just in case.

I genuinely think there is a talent gap present. I think the arcades are the best way to raise the average level and the top level of the playing field. The talent that stands above the rest of that playing field are the current crop of Japanese players. No, not from today's arcades as there is none for SFV, but from the arcades of the 90s through the 2000s. I think if the top US players all of a sudden went to Japan and trained there, it wouldn't change a thing.

It's not like we're seeing total chaos at the top Japanese level. We're seeing virtually the same talent continue to dominate even though other Japanese players are grinding the same as Tokido, Mago, etc... Obviously you're going to get new heads as every generation leads to a new talent emerging. After Daigo and Nuki, Tokido emerged. Momochi emerged several years after. And so on.

I think the US can start beating Japan once father time defeats those Japanese players, unless arcades/offline culture remains in Japan say 5-6 years from now in the same capacity as today's arcades.

Tripon

I genuinely think there is a talent gap present. I think the arcades are the best way to raise the average level and the top level of the playing field. The talent that stands above the rest of that playing field are the current crop of Japanese players. No, not from today's arcades as there is none for SFV, but from the arcades of the 90s through the 2000s. I think if the top US players all of a sudden went to Japan and trained there, it wouldn't change a thing.

It's not like we're seeing total chaos at the top Japanese level. We're seeing virtually the same talent continue to dominate even though other Japanese players are grinding the same as Tokido, Mago, etc... Obviously you're going to get new heads as every generation leads to a new talent emerging. After Daigo and Nuki, Tokido emerged. Momochi emerged several years after. And so on.

I think the US can start beating Japan once father time defeats those Japanese players, unless arcades/offline culture remains in Japan say 5-6 years from now in the same capacity as today's arcades.

What do you think of Yukadon? Is he part of the new generation, or just a footnote in history? I think he's only 22.

^ Couldn't that be a "more experience = better player" type of thing?

Could be, but it's not like we're seeing any player continue to dominate. It's Daigo, Tokido, Haitani, Nemo, etc...

What do you think of Yukadon? Is he part of the new generation, or just a footnote in history? I think he's only 22.

He's either 29 or 30 as he was born in 1986 according to the JPN fg wiki. He's probably the new generation as his only experience was online with SF4.

Yukadon

edit: Actually according to that, though he mostly played online, he did appear in some tournaments. Apparently he ocvd a team consisting of Mike Ross, Fubarduck, FChamp, 801 Strider, and iPeru in 2011.

Nuu

Banned
I think the argument is better experience, not more experience. Arcades are a superior training environment that produces better players.

I agree. Quality > Quantity.

Locals need to start getting an environment to train themselves for competition that match arcades.

But to be fair, many new generations come from arcades IIRC?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Could be, but it's not like we're seeing any player continue to dominate. It's Daigo, Tokido, Haitani, Nemo, etc...

He's either 29 or 30 as he was born in 1986 according to the JPN fg wiki. He's probably the new generation as his only experience was online with SF4.

Yukadon

edit: Actually according to that, though he mostly played online, he did appear in some tournaments. Apparently he ocvd a team consisting of Mike Ross, Fubarduck, FChamp, 801 Strider, and iPeru in 2011.

Nnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Kalamari

It's not just the existence of arcades that helps Japanese players, the top players also live in close proximity together compared to the US and Europe. Infiltration is just an outlier, or maybe he secretly became friends with Laugh again and is secretly training with him.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";211510314]Hsien Chang said that like 10 years ago[/QUOTE]

to be fair, Hsien's quote in context is much less ridiculous than this one, and he's been ridiculed for it ever since

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom