• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main problem with SFV getting stale is because KENS, KENS, KENS, KENS and KENS.

36241C528E2478B1C6F98C52D91153C189391ED4

What is old is new again.

Arc sys did until they talked to Capcom and came to the conclusion that they would suck to work with

Do you guys want to do a cross over game

That sounds neat but only if you guys redraw and animate all our characters and share profit.

Oh will you send people to help

No

Sounds like Capcom did the smart thing.

ShinMaruku

Nobody wants this

You don't want an action game with Ram,Sol,Dizzy,Ky ,Aria and Dante and Vergil? Pls

Arc sys did until they talked to Capcom and came to the conclusion that they would suck to work with

Do you guys want to do a cross over game

That sounds neat but only if you guys redraw and animate all our characters and share profit.

Oh will you send people to help

No
Was that during the Sammy times because both sided had dumb ass concessions.

However I think at this time both parties could be more amenable. This is just as likely as Marvel.
And you be better

Slaythe

I think the main problem with SFV getting stale is because KENS, KENS, KENS, KENS and KENS.

Hey you're being harsh here.

Capcom went out of their way to make Ken's face so repulsive to the human eyes in hope of pushing people away.

They couldn't have done anything else, it's already an abomination.

Neoxon

Marvel with no Doom or X-men would be so dumb. They literally define the series. Through out the past 20 years there hasn't been a seminal or defining movement that didn't involve them.
Normally I'd agree with you, but they just aren't as popular as they used to be. That said, I fear for who would take the fall for their absence if MvC4 happens anytime soon.

Almost finished with MN9 lol. Game feels like all the bad/mediocre parts of Inti-Creates in one game, regarding stage design.

There some stages I like. But I feel like the mechanics really dampens the enjoyment of it all.

Edit: And yes, I know this is FGH thread lol

just beat it. Terrible stage design, the how to deal dmg to boss mechanic, and health drops/restore are soo bad. I agree. Game is otherwise enjoyable.

If i didnt know about changing to 9 lives I wouldve been more frustrated at the stage design

mitchlol

I don't think SFV is getting stale but there are a few matchups I don't enjoy watching... I really hope at CEO/EVO we see a few more Birdies/Alex/Gief make it past pools. Overall I still play every night and it is still damn fun. As the roster expands I'm sure people will move to new mains and it will freshen up more.

Skab

Oh man I just realized something.

A hypothetical MvC4 would most likely have characters relevant to the MCU, including upcoming movies, right? That means Carol Danvers Ms Marvel

Ms Marvel's powers were stolen by Rogue, which is the power set Rogue used in MvC2.

So in theory, I could get my MvC2 Rogue sorta back in MvC4! Huzzah!

shut up let me dream!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

A hypothetical MvC4 would most likely have characters relevant to the MCU, including upcoming movies, right? That means Carol Danvers Ms Marvel

Ms Marvel's powers were stolen by Rogue, which is the power set Rogue used in MvC2.

shut up let me dream!

3 was supposedly this

Playing against certain characters in SFV get's stale. Like Ryu, Mika, Cammy, Ken.... Also the fact that I suck at meaty timing online means I always get jabbed out of things.... When's Urien...

Dahbomb

I'm working on a little web site that's like a fantasy FGC game where you pick a team of players and get points based on how they do in the tournaments.

My one concern is that if the game is just 'pick X amount of players' that peoples' teams might be all kind of same-y. Anybody want to throw in any feedback as to how to make the game more interesting, or if that's not even a problem?

One idea which I remember from some fantasy game I played long ago, was that you have a A-Team, B-Team, C-Team, (maybe 2 players in each?) , and your A guys score more than your B guys which score more than your C guys. This at least varies the lineups somewhat.

Just wanted to put it out there for ideas, I'll consider anything.
These things only work when you give people a certain amount of points and each player has a certain number of points based on how good they are.

That way you can't just make a team of Tokido, Daigo, Infiltration.... you may only have enough points for one top player, one high tier player and a mid tier player.

You can also have team captains and the captain gets double points.

In addition, you should probably make it so that you can only pick one player per game and you must pick players from 3 different games. So you can't just pick Justin Wong and acquire points for his performance in both Marvel and SF... if you pick him for Marvel then you should only get points for his performance in Marvel.

Neoxon

A hypothetical MvC4 would most likely have characters relevant to the MCU, including upcoming movies, right? That means Carol Danvers Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel's powers were stolen by Rogue, which is the power set Rogue used in MvC2.

shut up let me dream!
FTFY.

This is Ms. Marvel, now (Kamala Khan).

3945022-5102812826-all_n.jpg

And unlike Kid Nova, Kamala is actually popular.

These things only work when you give people a certain amount of points and each player has a certain number of points based on how good they are.

That way you can't just make a team of Tokido, Daigo, Infiltration.... you may only have enough points for one top player, one high tier player and a mid tier player.

You can also have team captains and the captain gets double points.

Thanks for the input. I like the points/tiers idea, though it's a little tricky assigning the point values. I can't think of a real straightforward way to do it. I guess you could correlate them with CPT standings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom