• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompadour

Karin's face looks like it's melting in that alt.

Also 70,000 FM for alternate time of day versions of stages, leaked over a year ago. Lmao.

I'll get back to this game when they fix the goddamn in-game economy.

They're 40,000 FM.

I also wouldn't use the word "leaked" when they've been in Character Stories since launch.

Sayad

Karin's face looks like it's melting in that alt.

Also 70,000 FM for alternate time of day versions of stages, leaked over a year ago. Lmao.

I'll get back to this game when they fix the goddamn in-game economy.
40k for alts, 70k for new stages. In the leak we were supposed to get alt time of the day/weather for most/all stages from the get go. :(

Xevren

Pretty excited about playing as Ibuki, hope we don't have any game breaking stuff with everything coming next week.

.la1n

I like Ibuki's default and alternate costume. Her face seems a bit weird in some shots but overall I'm digging the design. Pretty excited about this update.

Yeah X-Men 1 for Genesis is really tough but I thought X-Men 2 was easy.

Both are great games. Of course Mutant Apocalypse is superior though.

I love this fan art
source

tumblr_o6avnxBchh1v6w3juo1_1280.jpg

Tripon

J I Y U N A ‏@jiyunaJP 51s51 seconds ago
They go to hang out with friends. They go to meet new friends. They go because they have no friends. Escape from home. Forget about work.

J I Y U N A ‏@jiyunaJP 2m2 minutes ago
Arcades are incredibly important to Japanese scene. They're not just places you go once a week for a weekly tournament. Players go everyday.

J I Y U N A ‏@jiyunaJP 20m20 minutes ago
If Capcom Pro Tour disappeared next year, do you think Japanese players would be playing #SFV like they do now? Money is keeping it alive.

J I Y U N A ‏@jiyunaJP 28m28 minutes ago
-No arcade version is still a big problem for Japanese players/interest in the game.
-Necalli is one of his personal 3 worst match-ups.

J I Y U N A ‏@jiyunaJP 32m32 minutes ago
-EVO is too soon for him. He's not ready.
-His goal is on Capcom Cup results because he doesn't know if SFV will still be played next year.

J I Y U N A ‏@jiyunaJP 34m34 minutes ago
Some things Daigo said on BeasTV
-He has been experimenting/testing different styles at tournaments. His focus is on CAPCOM Cup results.
More
https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP

Line_HTX

Then SFV Arcade Edition comes out, and then Gaming side goes wait, why don't we have this version...

It's an endless cycle until the definitive super ultra finish game.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Then SFV Arcade Edition comes out, and then Gaming side goes wait, why don't we have this version...

You mean the offensive cash grab?

Capcom obviously wants to get the game out of beta before an arcade release
I doubt there will ever be one. I remember some info that the Japan was only responsible for about 10% of SFIV revenue and that's probably much less now. They would rather conquer China and South America by now...

edit: Found it, but it was about player numbers http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-25-ono-60-percent-of-street-fighter-players-are-american

Tripon

But you're playing VSAV and SFA2 over garbage internet. Nothing changed for you.
_________

Fuck, Capcom Pro Talk skipping another week?

Face wants everyone to know that he plays 3S instead of SFA2 over garbage internet. That was a mistake on my part and I apologize to Face publicly.

On a unrelated note, jajajajajaja isn't a laugh, it's more like a hissing noise.

Face wants everyone to know that he plays 3S instead of SFA2 over garbage internet. That was a mistake on my part and I apologize to Face publicly.

On a unrelated note, jajajajajaja isn't a laugh, it's more like a hissing noise.

I'm gonna go ahead and say you don't need to apologize, since FACE is a heathen who hasn't even beaten Chrono Trigger and therefore doesn't deserve an apology.

Neoxon

Can't they just say "Arcade release of Street Fighter V" without causing much confusion?

Slaythe

SFV is like the Inafune of fighters.

Omg lolilol ur so edgy and kewl.

SFV didn't ask for people to fund the game, they bought it knowing what they were getting.

SFV didn't delay itself several years.

SFV is also patching and adding free content to the game monthly, while Inafune shipped his game dead on arrival and doesn't intend to do anything about it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The hell. That doesn't even make sense. Might no.9 probably sold more than SFV so saying what I said is an insult to Inafune anyway.

CO_Andy

Destiny sold 20+ million copies though. It's not even in the same stratosphere.
Both games:

- sold well but didn't meet expectations
- soured their fanbase
- lack content
- base game that will be built upon by years of dlc

High possibility Bungie will abandon that last one in favor of a full sequel.

Warxard

Banned
I wonder why Namco never really embraced the string of classic fighting games being ported to last gen consoles with online like Capcom did.

mean sure we got Soul Calibur 2, but...we could've gotten arcade perfect versions of classic Namco fighters. Like Tekken 2, 3,

Kind of wished Tekken 5:DR on PS3 had the trilogy arcade ports too. :c

Wonder if NAmco actually has the code for that shit tho

EDIT: yo I forgot all about Tekken Hybrid lmao. Gonna watch that stupid Tekken animated movie now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom