• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Well, if the money helps him to release an album like Food & Liquor / The Cool, why not
He made testuo and you, he can do that by himself. He still has that super power, the money is actually for getting kanye and pharrell trapped in a room so they can make that album they were suppoused to.

pixelish

Wasn't SnakeEyez the highest placing Gief at Evo lol

I mean I know he switched to Ryu for some MU's because well.. it's either that or lose lol

Congrats to Stupendous though, his Gief is godlike

itazan was the highest placing gief at evo and he didn't switch characters (17th place)

IDK about Blizzard making a FG, but Riot might well now that they own the devs of Rising Thunder.

EDIT: Goddamnit

EDIT2: Had my Wacom tablet plugged in and played some SFV. Game crashed during an online match. :( Stupid bug.

Village

That album was mediocre at best.
I respectful dissagree.

Loved the shit out of that album found to be an actual continuation of themes presented both musically and on a topical level of thing s presented in his first two albums. A modern continuation.

Im not gonna say those first two are held in too high regard, they are fantastic but the reason people loosing their damned minds over this album is because its just as good as the first two. Its a return to form, rarely do you actually see rappers return to form, they ussually continue to degredate, whilst saying they did. And he actually did, and ironically enough never mentions the notion in the whole album.

Kalamari

Lupe should have sold deodorant and soap instead of shirts, he could be the Smokey Bear of the FGC. "Only you can prevent body odor."

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
No, but it's a reasonable guess. I'm sure it was a mix of things, not just one party's decision.

Well, ok.

There was also the start of the new Pro Tour season and the end of Capcom's fiscal year, though. What would be Sony's motivation? To not lose fighting game players to KI and Xbox One?

But no matter what it was, the fact it was rushed is so obvious in every little detail, I would love to hear an inside scoop someday.

This is interesting. Not trying to downplay him but this move is surely just for promotion right?

Hopefully his new music doesn't sound like Pick Up the Phone because that song is basura.

Fight me right now.

Edit: Oh it's a Lupe Fiasco song. I thought you were talking about the Young Thug one for some reason.

Pompadour

Well, ok.

There was also the start of the new Pro Tour season and the end of Capcom's fiscal year, though. What would be Sony's motivation? To not lose fighting game players to KI and Xbox One?

But no matter what it was, the fact it was rushed is so obvious in every little detail, I would love to hear an inside scoop someday.

We don't know. However, we do know that before Sony got involved a Capcom rep said SFV wouldn't be out before 2018. After Sony got involved it was released in 2016.

I do think it has to do with Sony somewhat as they also paid for an SF4 PS4 port that became the version that had to play in tournaments in the CPT rules.

Well, ok.

SF5 is a PS4 exclusive and Sony has to manage his exclusives so they do not disturb each others. SF5 was prepared as the February exclusive game of the PS4 so they had to ship and Capcom not being a first party, they probably didn't have a choice (Uncharted 4 on the other hand changed its date).

From what I heard both Sony and Capcom were well aware that missing the date was going to be hard as right after the launch there were like 3 to 4 events, almost one each week, that would guarantee a maximum exposure for the game (+ CPT blabla). They didn't want to miss this so they launched and hoped for the best. To be honest things could have gone way ok if and only if Capcom Japan had done a proper job.

You saw how Capcom Japan and USA have discordant speeches a few months ago? That's the tip of the iceberg. I don't want to throw gasoline on the fire as it's too early to talk about all this but what I can tell is that people should support Capcom USA as much as they can. They are doing their best for the game and taking the blows and don't deserve them at all.

Maybe in a year or two we'll be able to talk about all this. For the moment I really wish the game is going to be ok.

mbpm1

SF5 is a PS4 exclusive and Sony has to manage his exclusives so they do not disturb each others. SF5 was prepared as the February exclusive game of the PS4 so they had to ship and Capcom not being a first party, they probably didn't have a choice (Uncharted 4 on the other hand changed its date).

From what I heard both Sony and Capcom were well aware that missing the date was going to be hard as right after the launch there were like 3 to 4 events, almost one each week, that would guarantee a maximum exposure for the game (+ CPT blabla). They didn't want to miss this so they launched and hoped for the best. To be honest things could have gone way ok if and only if Capcom Japan had done a proper job.

You saw how Capcom Japan and USA have discordant speeches a few months ago? That's the tip of the iceberg. I don't want to throw gasoline on the fire as it's too early to talk about all this but what I can tell is that people should support Capcom USA as much as they can. They are doing their best for the game and taking the blows and don't deserve them at all.

Maybe in a year or two we'll be able to talk about all this. For the moment I really wish the game is going to be ok.

The hidden blowup is coming

.la1n

Dat long game blow up.

I never felt like Capcom USA had much to do with the issues the game is having, same stance I take on most USA branches of primarily Japanese companies. I do want the game to succeed, however, because it's core game play is a lot of fun for me to both play and spectate.

I also thought Street Fighter x Tekken was fun to play (not spectate) so maybe my opinion isn't the best, lol.

edit: I go to main gaming side right after this post and low and behold a thread feeling bad for SFxT, impeccable timing.

Is Pick Up the Phone better or worse than Killers?

That is a good question. Without that chorus it is better for sure.

Fight me right now.

Edit: Oh it's a Lupe Fiasco song. I thought you were talking about the Young Thug one for some reason.

That song is basura too. Probably more so than Lupe's. :)

The beat is a lot better in the other one though so it has that going for it over Lupe's.

Line_HTX

I also thought Street Fighter x Tekken was fun to play (not spectate) so maybe my opinion isn't the best, lol.

edit: I go to main gaming side right after this post and low and behold a thread feeling bad for SFxT, impeccable timing.

Capcom killed the game and scared Namco to put TxSF on hold until further notice.

Shadoken

I cant see a big reason for Sony to want the game out by Feb. They already had a heavy hitter exclusive like UC lined up. I mean if they had no exclusives lined up then yea they would pressure Capcom.

If Capcom REALLY needed it for FR and NCR. They could have just extended the Beta with the final balance changes or something. After all any competitive player would have pre-ordered this game. Didn't Dota 2 also run big tourneys while it was still in beta?

My guess is still Capcom had to rush it out to meet the Fiscal year deadline. Sad reason but SFV had to take the hit. I guess they were willing to let it go to keep investors happy.

Has this been posted? Daigo lists his top 5 US players. I think it's supposed to be for SFV but that isn't completely clear from the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxcUx2j5ac0

cf34e6f898a3ef8435e8bb7eab5022d8.245x200x20.gif

Dahbomb

I love the smell of juicy insider talk in the morning.

In other news... that harsh reality when you realize that SFxT has sold 400K more copies than SFV.

Dahbomb

A new copy of SFV costs as much as a used copy of UMvC3 on amazon.
To be fair, UMVC3 can't be bought digitally so that hikes up its price artificially. It's kinda like those extremely expensive MVC2 discs back in the day because after some time they stopped shipping and it got really scarce.

But I see the point though.

Malice215

Capcom has more to gain from rushing SFV out the door. Sony is already making bank.

They should have never charged full price for a half assed game. SFV is so bad that people are now looking fondly on SFxT. Come on now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Capcom has more to gain from rushing SFV out the door. Sony is already making bank.

They should have never charged full price for a half assed game. SFV is so bad that people are now looking fondly on SFxT. Come on now.
At least we now know we are at the bottom of the barrel. Can only go up from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom