• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

It's a little painful to see Gootecks get owned as Akuma at Wizard World, but these are growing pains. I'm pretty sure he'll own a lot of people into Messatsu eventually.

CurlyW

I'm seeing tweets saying that Jason Mewes was on commentary for SFV at Wizard World today. Did anybody see that?

Also does anybody else remember the SFxT balance patch that created a game-freezing bug when Rolento's knife collided with a fireball?

SFxT was worse:
On disc DLC
Cross Assault
No 2 v 2 mode on 360
Auto block gems
Gems in general
JabXTimeout
BBMegaman

- I agree only because locking it away for the sake of Vita exclusivity was asinine
- Agree
- Eh, agree
- Agree
- Disagree
- Player's fault
- That Mega Man was excellent

Pompadour

- I agree only because locking it away for the sake of Vita exclusivity was asinine
- Agree
- Eh, agree
- Agree
- Disagree
- Player's fault
- That Mega Man was excellent

My views mostly line up with yours. I feel that Mega Man would have been better received if 1) it wasn't a console exclusive and 2) regular Mega Man was in UMvC3.

Perro

I didnt mind Megaman either but console exclusive was stupid (also this was after MML3 canceled and no MM in Marvel). And the JabXTimeout thing is the stream monsters killing the game in the FGC.

I didnt mind Megaman either but console exclusive was stupid (also this was after MML3 canceled and no MM in Marvel). And the JabXTimeout thing is the stream monsters killing the game in the FGC.

Console exclusivity was dumb, that I'll give you. But the general uproar from "fans" was stupid no matter how you slice it.

http://www.eslgaming.com/article/ev...reet-fighter-v-s-top-player-infiltration-3146

Infiltration going to that ESL SFV tournament in New York in October. $75,000 prize pot.

I hate twitch for basically ruining any chance of Daigo competing at this tournament. Twitchcon is on that same day. I assume Gamerbee will have to miss that tournament too due to twitch obligations.

You know what would promote twitch more? By letting those two compete in that tournament that will be streamed on twitch. A tournament is always more hype with as many top players as possible allowing for more unpredictability, storylines, etc...

This also means no Mike Ross to help commentate right? Damn.

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/759523824228560896

CEO staying at the Wyndham Hotel in Orlando for another year. Might move to Dayton, Florida in 2018. Still in June.

What a blow up.

-----------------------------------
In other news, this starts 1 hour from now.

Rage grand finals start in about 2.5 hours.

Matchups:
Tokido vs Eita
Cojiro vs Fuudo

Nuki vs Yukadon
Storm Kubo vs Kazunoko

https://www.openrec.tv/live/YxbYz6EjYlj

It's a much better streaming site than Nico nico. You just have to sign up in order to chat, but otherwise it's free.

Prize pool: 2,000,000 yen

1st place - 1,000,000 yen
2nd place - 400,000 yen
tied 3rd place - 200,000 yen
tied 5th place - 50,000 yen

Kalamari

What a blow up.

-----------------------------------
In other news, this starts 1 hour from now.

Prize pool: 2,000,000 yen

1st place - 1,000,000 yen
2nd place - 400,000 yen
tied 3rd place - 200,000 yen
tied 5th place - 50,000 yen

Why does the timer say 16 hours 49 minutes, is that for a different tournament?

Why does the timer say 16 hours 49 minutes, is that for a different tournament?

It's the 31st 10 am in Japan right now. I'm guessing the timer doesn't account for time difference between regions.

So if you were to add those 16.5 hours to your time, it would take you to July 31st, 11 am.

Kalamari

It's the 31st 10 am in Japan right now. I'm guessing the timer doesn't account for time difference between regions.

So if you were to add those 16.5 hours to your time, it would take you to July 31st, 11 am.

I see, the site probably goes by cpu time rather than actual time. They don't think anyone outside Japan would even be remotely interested.

I see, the site probably goes by cpu time rather than actual time. They don't think anyone outside Japan would even be remotely interested.

They originally had an english feed with Jiyuna and Kim commentating, but there weren't many viewers as not a lot of english speakers knew about the event. There's still a divide between the Japanese/Asian and Western communities. A lot of the fgc sites don't cover important events in that region.

I know it was last minute, but I sent Eventhubs all the info for this tournament an hour ago. Maybe it goes up, maybe it doesn't. If they don't see it in time, I hope they at least put up an article for Topanga Charity Cup which is next week.

MrDaravon

I think Mike Ross said it was at a Big E event. So probably, Summer Jam in August.

Okay, awesome. I've just seen it mentioned in passing once or twice but no specifics, and I know Mike Ross is at DTN so wasn't sure if that's where it was happening or what. Thanks for the clarification!

Kalamari

The production value of this tournament is pretty impressive, stream quality is good for Japan. My only complaint is there is too much talking and not enough action.

Tripon

The production value of this tournament is pretty impressive, stream quality is good for Japan. My only complaint is there is too much talking and not enough action.

Yeah, this makes me start feeling like the US needs to up its production.

Meanwhile in Europe....
R7MAlWN.jpg

BvtUyxf.jpg

Kalamari

Those paintings though, bringing a touch of much needed class to the fgc. If it were America, those would probably get stolen.

Got love that spanish artwork up there setting the mood. Things always look dead on stream because everyone goes on a siesta after their match.

I haven't been paying attention to the tourney aren't there some Japanese players there?

Hyun Sai

Meanwhile in Europe....

Well, at least they got the right set up, where the players are not side by side !

Got love that spanish artwork up there setting the mood. Things always look dead on stream because everyone goes on a siesta after their match.

I haven't been paying attention to the tourney aren't there some Japanese players there?

Haitani (winners) and MOV (losers) are in tomorrow Top 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom