• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompadour

Yeah, it's only THE FIRST DAY and people are calling this a complete disaster as if SFV was any better. If indeed that's what SNK said, then that means they'll do what's necessary to make the netcode better.

SFV had a different problem at launch which was access to online play was tied to their servers that crashed constantly. The netcode itself is good (and has been since beta) but SFV's problems lied more with matchmaking. The crashing got ironed out (mostly) in a few days so it's too early to say which "is any better."

Dahbomb

It will get over 2 million eventually, Capcom does a lot of sales on Steam and that alone will push it over 2 million. Granted they won't make as much money off of that but it would be enough to get over the hump.

DmC didn't sell that well initially but with sales and bundles it has 800K sold on Steam alone and is pretty close to 2 million now.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It will get over 2 million eventually, Capcom does a lot of sales on Steam and that alone will push it over 2 million. Granted they won't make as much money off of that but it would be enough to get over the hump.

DmC didn't sell that well initially but with sales and bundles it has 800K sold on Steam alone and is pretty close to 2 million now.
It's been on sale on Steam a few times and has barely sold 20k copies since launch month, though.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It'll probably get a spike after Capcom Cup is over and reach that 2 million mark.

I think expecting it to make 50% of its sales again is unrealistic. EVO didn't give it a bump, neither will CC. It won't hit 2 mil this year.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Needs more aggressive price cuts like DmC to make that happen.
I wonder how much user reviews influence this, too. Sales give attention to casuals, but DmC is sitting at 94% and SFV at 49%. You'll have a hard time finding a lower scored AAA title on Steam.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, and get this: recent reviews (which Steam shows extra) are even worse at 46%, so it's not like it's getting better.

Pompadour

I think expecting it to make 50% of its sales again is unrealistic. EVO didn't give it a bump, neither will CC. It won't hit 2 mil this year.

I'm assuming they were referring to the future plans for the game to be revealed at Capcom Cup, not the tournament itself. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't hit 2 million, though.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I'm assuming they were referring to the future plans for the game to be revealed at Capcom Cup, not the tournament itself. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't hit 2 million, though.

Yeah, I'm sure they've got something in the oven to boost SFV.

Rhapsody

Banned
More than anything the day 1 patch seems to be a very significant balance update with jump/run speed increases for characters across the board and numerous character buffs, nerfs and fixes overall. They have taken into account tournament performance and what people unearthed in the demo.

Any actual comparisons by people or even a video?

BadWolf

Any actual comparisons by people or even a video?

Of the speed? No vids yet I think but TSS Atma has been posting frame data comparisons on his twitter:

KoFXIII Kim:
27f hop, 40f jump

KoFXIV 1.1 Kim:
28f hop, 35f jump

KoFXIII Benimaru:
28f hop, 35f jump

KoFXIV 1.1 Benimaru:
27f hop, 35f jump.

KoFXIII Joe:
29f hop, 37f jump

KoFXIV 1.1 Joe:
28f hop, 36f jump.

KoFXIII Yuri:
28f hop, 35f jump

KoFXIV 1.1 Yuri:
28f hop, 35f jump

I cannot stress enough that it did not feel like this in 1.0 at all.

KOFXIII EX Iori:
24f hop, 33f jump

KOFXIV Demo/1.0 Iori:
31f hop, 38f jump

KOFXIV 1.1 Iori:
27f hop, 35f jump

Rhapsody

Banned
Of the speed? No vids yet I think but TSS Atma has been posting frame data comparisons on his twitter:

This is great, thanks. I'm glad on the Iori data since it gives me a good idea on how much it's changed. This is much more significant than what I was expecting.

And that 45% off SFV coupon.

it's ~$23 on Amazon for physical on Amazon now as well.

LOL

CqkHm0kUkAAxRvL.jpg:large

Where's Dah with "make DMC5"?

I don't get what the big deal is. Even if you jump cancel Ken's fireball to dodge a wakeup throw you're at point blank and some characters can punish you on hit.

Although jump canceling a Power Bomb in the grappler mirror would be pretty hype.

vulva

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";214736460]I don't get what the big deal is. Even if you jump cancel Ken's fireball to dodge a wakeup throw you're at point blank and some characters can punish you on hit.

Although jump canceling a Power Bomb in the grappler mirror would be pretty hype.[/QUOTE]

jump cancel to ex legs for maximum chris tears

Dlent

This technique absolutely needs to be called something else. Street Fighter has had traditional jump cancels before for characters like Ibuki. Isn't this just a regular old kara canceling jump startup, like anybody who has ever performed a standing 360 has done?

vulva

This technique absolutely needs to be called something else. Street Fighter has had traditional jump cancels before for characters like Ibuki. Isn't this just a regular old kara canceling jump startup, like anybody who has ever performed a standing 360 has done?

Weren't ibuki's super jump cancels? I'm probably wrong, mind you.

Dlent

They were, but that's just a variation of traditional jump canceling. Juri in SFV even has traditional jump cancels while in V-trigger. The point I'm trying to make is that unofficial tech naming shouldn't reuse names of other techniques. This is especially true when a technique with the same name already exists in the game.

vulva

They were, but that's just a variation of traditional jump canceling. Juri in SFV even has traditional jump cancels while in V-trigger. The point I'm trying to make is that unofficial tech naming shouldn't reuse names of other techniques. This is especially true when a technique with the same name already exists in the game.

But isn't that technique also the same principle, so it doesn't really matter?

Line_HTX

Aksys Games ‏@aksysgames 1h1 hour ago

@aksysgames An English dub isn't looking promising at this point. Unfortunate, but just want to let you all know.

ArcSystemsWorks is being lazy with the final game after all these 8 years of this franchise getting proper localization.

:T

vulva

I'm pretty sure I've heard about this in the beta even. Is it really new?

I'm guessing you didn't read the linked twitter conversation. The explicitly new information is the vtrigger cancels that sim and juri have off the jump frames. It's not so much about jump cancels themselves, which is old.

Line_HTX

So it's just that those two character can jump cancel their moves while in VTrigger? What's the issue here?

Or is it VTrigger from jump?

It's too bad dreamcancel is dead because I don't know what the fuck bnbs are in 14

time to summon your twitter friends and see what they got, or do what other people do and lab it up. I hear you're representing us at ceotaku in vsav right? I know you wouldnt cancel your plans of going for something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom