• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinMaruku

Somebody should use this as a stick in sf and kof:
5ld6bc7.jpg

Rhapsody

Banned
That's lame. Balrog is like the only reason I'm touching SFV now, even though I have no idea how to best deal with pressure.

You have no DP so it's going to be tough. But you'll have to remember that pressure has to end sometime and the opponent will find ways to reset it and get back in, these are the moments when you should be mashing or moving.If they have you cornered, you're going to have to figure out ways to gain that space back. Also do note that the later you tech a throw in the throw tech window, the further you and your opponent get pushed away.

If you find yourself straight up getting pressured suddenly after what was just neutral without getting hit, that's a different problem that you'll have to address.

Tripon

heard there's some smash drama going on about top players having "vip" rooms in tournaments?

Again lol
Smash Top players want/demanded at one point:

Floating though pools.
Private casual stations.
Not to be bothered while playing public casual sets.
Private rooms.
Having the tournament pay for their room and travel, even when they have a sponsor.
Set times to for meet and greet + signing.
Specific CRTs.
3/5 for top 32, and maybe though out the tournament now.
Not play on Fridays.
Not have Sundays start at 10am local time.
3 stock for Smash 4.
Official teams tournaments at FGC events.
Sunday top 8 for both Melee, and Smash 4.
Demanding to start Melee and/or Smash 4 when the entire tournament is behind.
Not to be put in the corner (even when they weren't).
Demand to be respected when showing little for other games.

Basically, Smashers seem to have a lot of demands and wants.

peter0611

Why is this considered Smash drama? Did a lot of players and fans at the event complain about the VIP room? Or is it drama because general FGC doesn't like the way Smash runs their own tournaments?

Tripon

Why is this considered Smash drama? Did a lot of players and fans at the event complain about the VIP room? Or is it drama because general FGC doesn't like the way Smash runs their own tournaments?

Because it's the type of stuff a diva would try to get at a concert venue or backstage.

But whatever, players can demand a lot of things. Players can be entitled whiny bitches and nobody would be harmed. It's when TOs start listening and think the type of behavior Smashers are exhibiting are justified and warranted and give in the demands that people should be worrying. Here's an Arizona Smash TO saying it's A-Okay in his opinion.

Pv2FGQ8.png

I have pretty much stop caring about Smash because its players are a bunch of people I don't want to associate with, seeing how the players, TOs and scene are acting, I made a good decision.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/5072zd/why_is_top_player_privilege_so_acceptable_in_the/

Edit: As for "Why does the FGC care?" question. I'm not sure FGC people care. They're just gawking at the carnage and wondering what the fuck is happening. Now if Smashers start demanding some of this stuff at FGC events, then you will see a lot more people being actively and seriously involved, and a lot more pushback. If you thought Jebailey was brutal towards Melee players after CEO, imagine that coming from each about every FGC TO. They will not put up with this bullshit.

If Smash TOs wanna do that shit, then whats the problem

Just dont expect that shit at CPT events b. Jebailey gon set up a VIP section outside in the parking lot, you can stay there all day if you like

If anything the FGC is the exception with regard to accessibility. Having world champions on the floor like every other scrub is definitely abnormal in esports/sports. It's unfair to make the smash community seem like a bunch of plebs worshipping the only dozen players that matter, because it's what every other competitive community does.

I wonder if Nintendo being shitty about copyright is what's preventing smash (or atleast smash 4) from going esports. Something like ESL seems like exactly what the smash community wants.

Dahbomb

Obviously Fchamp isn't at his prime in Marvel because he was focusing on SFV, but haven't seen much of his Sim lately either.
FChamp in his prime has been beaten by Raccoons and Arthurs.

That clip didn't show the entire set but FChamp was consistently being beaten in neutral by Phoenix Wright. He had to keep switching teams to try to counter, seems like the defensive options that the team had set up were a bit too much for him.

Probably more match up unfamiliarity than FChamp not playing at his prime.

peter0611

FChamp in his prime has been beaten by Raccoons and Arthurs.

That clip didn't show the entire set but FChamp was consistently being beaten in neutral by Phoenix Wright. He had to keep switching teams to try to counter, seems like the defensive options that the team had set up were a bit too much for him.

Probably more match up unfamiliarity than FChamp not playing at his prime.

Yeah, I just watched. Never cared much about Phoenix until now lol. More players doing well with these non-traditional top tier teams is a breathe of fresh air.

Malice215

Smash is doing the same shit as any other game in eSports which runs counter to how things are done in the FGC, while the people making silly demands on Twitter are going to rile people up about it.

The problem is that the larger Smash events have set the precedent of catering to top players in exchange for compensation/bracket floating. As long as that preferential treatment exists, it's going to rub people the wrong way and cause friction between communities. As long as those top players get treated like celebrities, they'll continue to accept it and make silly demands, sometimes demanding FGC events to give them the same treatment as other major Smash events.

https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/770362400029585408

Justin not gate keeping NA events anymore. Won't matter much if NuckleDu keeps on stepping up like he has.

Also suppose it gives a better chance for guys like Flash or Alucard to get some points.

There's 2 ranking events this weekend and one in October, so Justin doing this now doesn't make much of a difference, especially if the Japanese clean up on points.

Alucard/Flash better gain some ground.

Shouta

If Smashers want VIP rooms, they can rent their own hotel rooms. That's what they're for, getting peace and quiet or private practice.

Because it's the type of stuff a diva would try to get at a concert venue or backstage.

But whatever, players can demand a lot of things. Players can be entitled whiny bitches and nobody would be harmed. It's when TOs start listening and think the type of behavior Smashers are exhibiting are justified and warranted and give in the demands that people should be worrying. Here's an Arizona Smash TO saying it's A-Okay in his opinion.

Pv2FGQ8.png

I have pretty much stop caring about Smash because its players are a bunch of people I don't want to associate with, seeing how the players, TOs and scene are acting, I made a good decision.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/5072zd/why_is_top_player_privilege_so_acceptable_in_the/

Edit: As for "Why does the FGC care?" question. I'm not sure FGC people care. They're just gawking at the carnage and wondering what the fuck is happening. Now if Smashers start demanding some of this stuff at FGC events, then you will see a lot more people being actively and seriously involved, and a lot more pushback. If you thought Jebailey was brutal towards Melee players after CEO, imagine that coming from each about every FGC TO. They will not put up with this bullshit.

that lowkey burn saying smash fans are children tho

Tripon

8 Pros teaching SFV to university undergraduates in a bootcamp from today. Exclusive in Japan. #RedBullGamingU

講師も参戦する変則 4 on 4 形式というオリジナルルール - Red Bull Gaming U 2016トーナメントルール発表>> http://win.gs/2bLxwHR #RedBullGamingU
CrBwGdpW8AQppFG.jpg

https://twitter.com/ayuha167/status/770435882679623680

Sigmaah

If I ever go to a tournament and I see a smash player act like a prick I'm popping off. Bet you that nigga won't do shit and will start crying lmao.

Rhapsody

Banned

Because it's more fuel to turn something into an "us vs them" situation. It sucks, and it makes both sides look pretty stupid with the defensive arguments thrown about their side. Personally I don't agree with the VIP stuff, and some of the arguments on the Smash side that were said to Hadou and Spooky I don't agree with either. But it's really silly how this argument blew up.

And you can even see it in this thread how people are making it an "us vs them" instead of the actual topic on why a VIP stuff would be weird/good/bad/etc.

Tripon

Because it's nonsense? What part of Rhapsody's post is wrong?
Nobody saying Rhapsody post is wrong, I'm saying that you personally needs to stop acting trying to control the board and just contribute with your own opinions.

All I know is that you are the just the guy that loves to argue. Not in defense of anything, not because you are passionate about a game. You just love to argue.

Do you even like to play fighting games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom