• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the hoops one had to jump through just to get it, I agree.
I'm sayin.. to get it off is harder than getting Dark Phoenix off at least lol
Phoenix Wright just made it to grand finals at a tournament, Capcom vindicated!

Seeing this actually happen in a match
PhoenixProof.gif~c200
was so hype b. It was like I never even seen it before, PW might as well not even exist in this game shit

shaowebb

God dammit. I hate doing KOF combos that involve going from a command normal that use a fwd+? into a QCF+?
It always tries to buffer the command normal's forward into the qcf and it keeps turning my shit into dragon punches. Kinda hard to swag with K' if you can't get his most basic damned link consistently. Feels easier on the stick than the pad though. That neutral return on the stick helps.

God dammit. I hate doing KOF combos that involve going from a command normal that use a fwd+? into a QCF+?
It always tries to buffer the command normal's forward into the qcf and it keeps turning my shit into dragon punches. Kinda hard to swag with K' if you can't get his most basic damned link consistently. Feels easier on the stick than the pad though. That neutral return on the stick helps.

There's a longcut you can do to always get the fireball instead of a dp. Works when running forward too.

It's qcf~uf/tiger knee motion.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's actually a really good result for a PS3 game. See the description:
Statut : Half Playable in DirectX 12
Graphics Render : good, missing texture
Sound : Good
Save : Works

pizzacat

Banned
And get thrown.

Over, and over.

Err... no.

Ramon was introduced in KOF2000 so he predates El Fuerte by a lot. He also isn't hated like Fuerte is.
Huh, pretty cool. I don't understand him tho, prolly the only character from the ones I tried that I don't like.

So I played a few missions in DMC3 since I got it from the Humble Bundle. It's not bad. Better than 1, but I'm giving 1 a pass because of it's origins and the time it came out. I still can't stand Dante as a character, but...it's a fun game. And that's outweighing my disgust for now.

pizzacat

Banned
Dmc desktop wallpaper guy trying to revive marvel in French

Sounds like the worst

So I played a few missions in DMC3 since I got it from the Humble Bundle. It's not bad. Better than 1, but I'm giving 1 a pass because of it's origins and the time it came out. I still can't stand Dante as a character, but...it's a fun game. And that's outweighing my disgust for now.
smh

Dahbomb

You can activate Turbo mode from the options menu, makes game more fun. The PC version is generally a poor port so you might run into some issues but it's generally fixed by the community via mods.

You can activate Turbo mode from the options menu, makes game more fun. The PC version is generally a poor port so you might run into some issues but it's generally fixed by the community via mods.

I'm playing the PS3 version. The game speed isn't a problem so I'm not really worried about it.

pixelish

beast tv streaming red bull u. maybe daigo will be a lecturer later?
https://www.twitch.tv/daigothebeastv

edit: it's actually a team tournament comprising of 3 "students" and a teacher aka a top jp player. the usual suspects are all there (daigo, tokido, mago, itazan, haitani, bonchan, etc) so it should be a good team tournament.

Dahbomb

Summary:

*Most of the Smash community is actually not in favor of floating but they are open to experimenting with new stuff.

*There's no dedicated VIP room, it's just staff room plus set ups for players who will appear on stream which includes the regular joe player too. VIP room got conflated with back room for staff.

*"God Culture" is good because it expands the game beyond just the hardcore players so that the game has storyline that non players can follow (basically what was stated in that DOTA 2 article a while back). But it's still important to have the "everyone is a player" feel of fighting games.

*More Smash majors need to bring in more fighting games like Apex (said by GimR).

*The "incompatibility" stuff comes from people who actually don't attend tournaments and it's mostly Twitter/rkappa non sense.

Basically a whole lot of drama over nothing.

Nightii

Banned
God culture is garbage, fighting games are not prowrestling. If the game can't become interesting to casuals on it's own then tough shit.

"Stories", give me a break.

I don't know. I guess a serious answer if you're serious, and a jokey answer if you're joking.

If the person makes a concerted effort to attend tournaments (local or major) and in general become a more skilled player, then they're clearly not a stream monster. Wins or losses don't matter in this, only the effort does. Conversely, if they're content to just stay home and spew memes then that's all that needs to be said about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom