• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you prefer between a busted/unbalanced but super fun fighting game and a clean/balanced not that fun game?

probably fun because I've never played a truly clean/balanced game.

as long as there's a reasonable chance my main character can make top 8 at a major I'm fine.

Line_HTX

What's your favorite anime?

What's your favorite fighting game?

Are you a fan of Daigo?

Gotta think about it.

Tekken.

No, I'm not.

6aRBX8Z.png

Wow, that's a bummer. Stunfest always sounded amazing for attendees. Not so much for those watching its streams, though.

It's also our EVO with its own flavor, I'm really sad it won't happen this year. :(

With no stunfest for 2017 are there other major events to make up for the loss in France? I hear games like KOF14 sold less than 13 and saw some people complaining on facebook about the lag and lack of players. Seems pretty barren in Europe with only France holding the fort. With nothing major 2018 will be too late for a memorable send off. I see other games suffering too.

Malice215

The loss of Stunfest for a year sucks, but France isn't hurting for events. There's two coming up in February, Red Bull Kumite in April, and whatever else to be announced for 2017.

With no stunfest for 2017 are there other major events to make up for the loss in France? I hear games like KOF14 sold less than 13 and saw some people complaining on facebook about the lag and lack of players. Seems pretty barren in Europe with only France holding the fort. With nothing major 2018 will be too late for a memorable send off. I see other games suffering too.

The situation in France just became depressing. Melty stopped sponsoring players (Will2pac and Cuongster), the Meltdown bar stopped doing weeklies with the Gameslines NPO (which is way more silent now and doing things outside FGs), the two arcades of Paris closed (Versus Dojo and Arcade Street), Republic of Fighters is still there doing a lot of things but they still have to fight to make them happen.

The last medium events are Cannes Winter Clash (by Gameslines), the ROF tournament and Redbull Kumite (but it's a sponsored event with invited players so you can't convert it to a CPT event). They are other events in France in cities like Lyon (European Street Battle) and Bordeaux (Les Veaux) but they aren't multi-games and/or as big as the medium ones. Either Capcom gives the Premier Event to one of them, or they keep it for another more general video game show like Milan Games Week. Stunfest was unique as it was a grass root event by a non profit org and still had thousands of visitors and spectators during the finals, a lot of them not players of fighting games but still liking them. I think it was probably a good deal for Capcom as it probably cost less than doing it in a place like Milan Games Week.

The problem also is that France is not a multi-game country as much as the US. There are no MK/Injustice/MVC3/KI scenes here. Fighting games players are basically SF5 players and there are small communities on KOF and GG. Smash Melee and WiiU are big but they are more separated than in thus US too.

Any FGC'ers play overwatch? I have fallen into that rabbit hole.

I used to play it hard, but I fell off on it. Playing in the LawBreakers alpha made me want to play that game way more. I also like Paladins more, in spite of Overwatch being more polished.

I boot it up occasionally when I feel like playing some quick play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom