• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinMaruku

Mobile game by Capcom .
Totalbiscuit-TANK20130629-220151.jpg

Dahbomb

Finally our Lord and savior Marvel will save us from this Sesame Street Fighter slump.

Man Marvel 4 with Marvel backing it up and on the Capcom Pro Tour. The FGC is not ready for this. RIP any chances of America winning anything in SFV after that.

ShinMaruku

The only way Marvel comes is if Sony desrisked it. So that can be something. However I don't think they'd throw money that way.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Would the Marvel characters all look like their current actors? In Unreal Engine 4?

This game would be pretty weird.

Onemic

Dont get baited.

There might be a Marvel fighting game. It just wont be MvC and it will be made by the disney team if it does happen.

mbpm1

Depending on your point of view this is either the lightest or the darkest time line.
Reigning champion Infiltration using his "Team Street Fighter" consisting of Akuma, El Fuerte and Decapre faces off against formidable player Combofiend using She Hulk/Doom/Peter.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Reigning champion Infiltration using his "Team Street Fighter" consisting of Akuma, El Fuerte and Decapre faces off against formidable player Combofiend using She Hulk/Doom/Peter.
No S-tier Chris Hemsworth Thor in the final, what an upset!

Line_HTX

That tweet is a giant Pile of Poo. No way that's even credible, like didn't the license expire or something?

I'll believe something if there's an actual receipt, but until then it's all conjecture and will never happen.

Onemic

That tweet is a giant Pile of Poo. No way that's even credible, like didn't the license expire or something?

I'll believe something if there's an actual receipt, but until then it's all conjecture and will never happen.

Yup. I'm unsure how easily Capcom can get it back or if there's a certain amount of time they have to wait until it's available again.

Regardless I'd assume you would hear news about them getting the license first a la GGXrd. Way before MvC4 actually gets announced.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Some of you need to read up on what happened with Disney this year:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...inity-is-dead-as-disney-exits-game-publishing

Relevant:
Disney said that it's now looking at the video games business exclusively as a licensing opportunity, so games based on properties it owns, like Star Wars, are of course still receiving games (such as those from EA), but Disney itself no longer has any interest in publishing them.

More directly game related articles:
https://pvplive.net/c/disneys-move-to-licensing-could-make-marvel-vs-cap
http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/18/12514296/disney-game-industry-history

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Back when the old Marvel games were made, Marvel was teetering on the brink of bankruptcy and so they licensed their properties wholesale for cheap. You could literally license "Marvel" and use whatever characters you want.

Now that Marvel is one of the biggest names in entertainment you have to license those characters individually and they each cost likely 10x what getting the whole universe cost back when 3 was made.

Marvel 4 is not happening. Let it go.

Back when the old Marvel games were made, Marvel was teetering on the brink of bankruptcy and so they licensed their properties wholesale for cheap. You could literally license "Marvel" and use whatever characters you want.

Now that Marvel is one of the biggest names in entertainment you have to license those characters individually and they each cost likely 10x what getting the whole universe cost back when 3 was made.

they told us shenmue 3 was never getting made, and they told us last guardian was never coming out. Marvel 4 is definitely happening
on kickstarter

ShinMaruku

Seth Killian's LoL fighting game must have spooked Capcom into greenlighting Marvel 4
It's not a fighting game that you guys think it is. :p It's likely to be a hybrid.

Exactly. The concept of making a marvel game has changed.

NEO0MJ

I don't buy it, either. While Marvel are open to licensing their properties I doubt it will be cheap and even if you could pay it I'm sure they'll have high standards and expectation, something I doubt Capcom in its current state can deliver.
Frankly I'd sooner believe a DC vs Marvel game by NR than Marvel 4.

CurlyW

So that's two behind-the-scenes members of the FGC passing away in less than a month. Yipes and others just tweeted that Daniel "Mobstazzz" Frontera passed away last night. He was one of the people at ESL behind Brooklyn Beatdown, it seems. This comes right on the heels of the passing of Christopher "NinjaCW" Harris, Flipsid3's fighting game manager and longtime member of the Midwest FGC. Very sad times.

Dahbomb

So that's two behind-the-scenes members of the FGC passing away in less than a month. Yipes and others just tweeted that Daniel "Mobstazzz" Frontera passed away last night. He was one of the people at ESL behind Brooklyn Beatdown, it seems. This comes right on the heels of the passing of Christopher "NinjaCW" Harris, Flipsid3's fighting game manager and longtime member of the Midwest FGC. Very sad times.
Damn, rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom