• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

CPT Latin America Finals just ended. So time to update the post!

Capcom Cup 32 spots:

Won Premier Tournament: (9 players)

Infiltration (Final Round, NCR, EVO) (1670 global points)
Tokido (CEO, SEAM) (1048 global points)
Nuckledu (Canada Cup) (869 global points)
Xiao Hai (G League, SCR) (804 global points)
Gamerbee (Japan Cup, EGX) (732 global points)
Daigo Umehara (EU CPT Regional Finals) (563 global points)
Phenom (Dreamhack Summer) (546 global points)
Momochi (Stunfest) (524 global points)
DR Ray (LA CPT Regional Finals) (88 global points)

With Infiltration, Tokido, Xiao Hai and Gamerbee winning multiple premier tournaments, it opens up 5 more spots to the Global Rankings. DR Ray becomes the first player from the Dominican Republic to enter Capcom Cup. He will likely play Infiltration first round.

Qualification via Global Spot: (13 at the moment)

Justin Wong (984 global points)
Fuudo (804 global points)
MOV (600 global points)
Julio Fuentes (548 global points)
Xian (520 global points)
Haitani (492 global points)
Eita (482 global points)
Luffy (455 global points)
Mago (426 global points)
Go1 (414 global points)
FChamp (400 global points)
CCL (397 global points )
Chris T (384 global points)

Outside looking in on global points:
Mister Crimson (361 global points)
Kazunoko (349 global points)
Yukadon (346 global points)
KBrad (332 points)

With Nuckledu winning Canada Cup, the big winner is Chris T by doing absolutely nothing. He grabs the last open global spot due to Nuckledu now going via grabbing the Canada Cup Premier spot.

Participates qualify via global spots before Regional ranking spots:

Qualification via regions: (8 spots)

Asia: Kazunoko (247 Asia points), Sako (137 Asia points)

Outside looking in: Tse4444 (132 Asia points), Yukadon (90 Asia points)

Europe: Mister Crimson (321 Europe points), Problem X (218 Europe Points)

Latin America: Brolynho (305 LA points), Misterio (203 LA points)

Outside looking in: KBrad (196 LA points)

Misterio was able to get the 2 points he needed at TRETA to pass KBrad. He gets the 2nd spot, and KBrad needs to win the CPT LA Finals in order to qualify for Capcom Cup. However, the TO of Treta says that Misterio has visa problems and may not be able to travel to Capcom Cup. If that is true, then KBrad gets the 2nd LA spot.

With DR Ray winning CPT LA Finals, and KBrad finishes 2nd, KBrad has to hope that Misterio can't go.

North America: Ricky Ortiz (247 NA points), XsK_Samurai (202 NA points).

Outside looking in: Chris T (190 NA points), John Takeuchi (144 NA points)

-----
That's 30 spots, which leave 2 left to be grabbed.

Spots that still need to be determined:

Regional Finals:

Capcom Pro Tour NA Regional Finals: Red Bull Battle Grounds at Seattle, Wash. (Nov. 04th-Nov. 06th)
Capcom Pro Tour Asia Regional Finals at Busan, South Korea (Nov. 17th-Nov. 19th)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a list of players for these last to regional qualifiers? Is it just the top 14 from that region + two last chance qualifiers or how does it work?

pizzacat

Banned
yeah just lemme pick demifiend
Him in the game featuring Dante daaaaamn
Which reminds me, how much time passed between P4 & P5? It would give us a good idea as to how old Yu & the others are as of P5.
Do you really want to know what those losers are up to? Like every spin off of4 has been god awful in terms of the characters talking and P4Arena had the P3 characters basically ruining the ending of P3 as mush as they could

We're fine just port it if anything if I see chie again imma barf

LaronX

Neo Member
I am looking to pick up new fighting game for PC after I got little bored with SFIV.

Between BB, MK and others ( can't run GGXrd or SFV in my laptop) which would you recommend?

NEO0MJ

Try Skullgirls 2nd Encore. It's a lot of fun and most laptops can handle it. It's also relatively easy to find online matches in that game compared to others.

Edit: Also, unlike BB and GG this is the latest version of the game.

LaronX

Neo Member
Try Skullgirls 2nd Encore. It's a lot of fun and most laptops can handle it. It's also relatively easy to find online matches in that game compared to others.

I own Skullgirls from back when it launched. Is the machtmaking separate for 2nd Encore vor what did that bring?

NEO0MJ

2nd Encore is mostly about the DLC characters and other bonuses. I think they can still play with owners of the original version.

Is your laptop running windows 10, cause if so Killer Instinct is free. Tho if your computer cant run GGXrd or SFV it might have trouble but idk for sure.

Sayad

I am looking to pick up new fighting game for PC after I got little bored with SFIV.

Between BB, MK and others ( can't run GGXrd or SFV in my laptop) which would you recommend?
If you can run MK, you can probably run GGXrd since it's less demanding... Unless you mean MK9!

notworksafe

Marvel rumours and das it
And that's why Disney World is the happiest place on Earth, cause I didn't have to see any MVC bullshit there.

Actually there wasn't really any Marvel shit at all there, other than the shirts and hats on the obese Marvel fans attending the park. Some Dr Strange movie march and a theater showing a preview of the movie on a loop, that was basically it.

And that's why Disney World is the happiest place on Earth, cause I didn't have to see any MVC bullshit there.

Actually there wasn't really any Marvel shit at all there, other than the shirts and hats on the obese Marvel fans attending the park. Some Dr Strange movie march and a theater showing a preview of the movie on a loop, that was basically it.

You want Mahvel you gotta go to Islands of Adventures at Universal Studios. I wonder if Nintendo is what will be replacing the Marvel area there.

Shouta

So the LCQ this weekend is definitely gonna have Bonchan and Tokido as far as I can tell. I wasn't expecting other internationals from Asia aside from Takeuchi but hey! lol

Tripon

So the LCQ this weekend is definitely gonna have Bonchan and Tokido as far as I can tell. I wasn't expecting other internationals from Asia aside from Takeuchi but hey! lol
It should also have Daigo. So basically every Redbull player except Luffy.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Tokido? Why would he go, he's already qualified?

CO_Andy

What happened to Kazunoko? Cammy has steadily progressed to being top tier and yet Kazu has gone underground like SnakeEyez.

LaronX

Neo Member
Is your laptop running windows 10, cause if so Killer Instinct is free. Tho if your computer cant run GGXrd or SFV it might have trouble but idk for sure.

Don't have windows 10 and I really don't want it. Windows seems to just go deeper and deeper up your ass the longer windows 10 is out

Every version became 2nd Encore iirc
Oh okay thanks for the info

If you can run MK, you can probably run GGXrd since it's less demanding... Unless you mean MK9!

I did mean MK9, I should have said it. My bad.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
"fighting games don't teach you how to fight in real life"

oh really? explain this

tumblr_njhdqb6mn21slig2vo1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom