• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

I don't see a bracket there, but from eventhubs:

http://challonge.com/CPT_LATAM_2016

It's also on challonge.

---

https://twitter.com/MruSuk/status/793568497146081280

CwNSABwVMAE83WN.jpg

Youmacon schedule this weekend.

MechaX

with a Jubei push for sure

They claim no but I don't trust them. Still, I feel I might buy it in the next few days.

According to Mori, no. But he's straight up lied about this exact thing before.

Oh fuck, Jubei is still not playable? Yeah, either expensive DLC or Extend (or Extend in another name) is coming. I still think ASW needs to get fucked sideways for this practice, but I'll probably end up picking up CF.

I'll miss the dub sure, but I have to be honest to myself; I completely checked the fuck out from BlazBlue's story back in Continuum Shift.

Neoxon

Wow, I haven't been here in a while. Might as well check in on what I missed out on while......

.....Oh, well that happened. I'd be more than down for this thanks to Marvel Entertainment & Fox starting to settle their differences (fingers cross that it extends to games). But I'm not gonna get my hopes up just yet.

Back to what I was gonna talk about, do you guys think that K-Brad has a legit shot at making the Capcom Cup? From what I've seen, the guy's been working his ass off at recent CPT events.

Huh, I didn't realize that they had fighting game tournaments. I always followed Youmacon for TeamFourStar news (they usually premiere Hellsing Ultimate Abridged episodes here).

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Brolynho went 0-2 and played Alex. Sandbagging?

The bracket is looking pretty good for KBrad. He's playing a Karin next to get into winner's finals. He should have a lot of experience with that match-up.

Brolynho went 0-2 and played Alex. Sandbagging?

The bracket is looking pretty good for KBrad. He's playing a Karin next to get into winner's finals. He should have a lot of experience with that match-up.

Is he already in the CPT? And there's no prize money? then probably lol

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is he already in the CPT? And there's no prize money? then probably lol
Yes, he is. And apparently there's no price money eventhough the Euro finals had a pot like a premier event. Weird.

Kusanagi (the Mexican Karin player aka Aozaki_Kyo) just had huge lead last match, last round, dropped the combo for the stun and lost. Brutal.

Neoxon

Yes, he is. And apparently there's no price money eventhough the Euro finals had a pot like a premier event. Weird.

Kusanagi (the Mexican Karin player aka Aozaki_Kyo) just had huge lead last match, last round, dropped the combo for the stun and lost. Brutal.
You referring to K-Brad? If so, I thought he was a few points away from qualifying (or at least that's what I gathered from the talk of him in the Capcom Cup on the SF subreddit)?

KBrad wins: Jiewa makes it into Capcom Cup
DR. Ray wins: Dr Ray
Keoma wins: Keoma

Pretty sure KBrad is going to face Daigo in first round of Capcom Cup as it stands right now unless someone above him in points makes it into Capcom Cup. So MOV will now play Brolynho and Ricki is most likely going to face Gamerbee.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Kbrad doesn't know the Vega match-up. How's that possible with him being best friends with Flash?

MechaX

Looks like Kbrad doesn't know the Vega match-up. How's that possible with him being best friends with Flash?

Yeah, when it got to the point that Kbrad was just trying random air shit against Vega's flips and glides, I was like "there is no way he knows this match up."

Yeah, good stuff. This is what these regional finals are for!

Not like Daigo qualifying through Europe lol

That was different. There was money on the line. It was between him and Phenom anyways so either way, a new global spot would have opened up.

There was no money at this Latin America finals so it would have been pure gatekeeping.

CO_Andy

Marn bodies Du with Mika = Du picks up Mika

Marn bodies Smug with Dudley = Smug picks up Dudley

Marn the true savior of the NA FGC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom