• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaronX

Neo Member
Regarding Skullgirls - If I already own every single piece of DLC for the Steam version, is there any reason to pay $15 for the "2nd Encore Upgrade"?

I looked into it and basically you get a Voiced Story mode, trials ( they advertise it as a way to learn the combos even the bread and butter ones) , challenges( battles with a twist) and Survival mod. On top of that the first encore DLC ( characters and color pack). So in a way it is a season pass for Season 2 of DLC that never came out on PC till now. It is a bit of a bummer as I would like the Trails and maybe the story mode, but not the rest. Also getting no discount on it even though I own all DLC characters ( maybe there was a sale when it came out I dunno) feels dumb as you pay for stuff you own.

AAK

Disappointed there aren't any bears in Tekken 7.

The bears are some of the worst animated characters in any fighting game out today. And with Namco forever recycling their legacy animations I'd rather they stay extremely far away.

I'd change my mind if Namco was open to re-animating them, but everyone knows it's never going to happen.

Dahbomb

The bears are some of the worst animated characters in any fighting game out today. And with Namco forever recycling their legacy animations I'd rather they stay extremely far away.

I'd change my mind if Namco was open to re-animating them, but everyone knows it's never going to happen.
Amen to this. Joke characters getting treated like a joke.

I looked into it and basically you get a Voiced Story mode, trials ( they advertise it as a way to learn the combos even the bread and butter ones) , challenges( battles with a twist) and Survival mod. On top of that the first encore DLC ( characters and color pack). So in a way it is a season pass for Season 2 of DLC that never came out on PC till now. It is a bit of a bummer as I would like the Trails and maybe the story mode, but not the rest. Also getting no discount on it even though I own all DLC characters ( maybe there was a sale when it came out I dunno) feels dumb as you pay for stuff you own.

Well I guess if I ever get into Skullgirls enough that I want to do the trials I might get it.

I forget, was Bob in sfxt?

Yup

system_costume13.jpg

vulva

about to see moonlight

nice, wanna check that out, maybe this weekend. Friday I'm hoping to hit up Certain Women and maybe Moonlight on Saturday. I also have tickets for some AFI fest movies in 2 weeks:

Nocturama
Death in Sarajevo
Elle
It's Only The End of the World
Dark Night
Lion
Crosscurrent

I'm excited for at least 4 of those, the others I'm kind of iffy on.

Tonight I'm seeing Dr. Strange with coworkers, should be pretty zzzzzz.

vulva

nice, wanna check that out, maybe this weekend. Friday I'm hoping to hit up Certain Women and maybe Moonlight on Saturday. I also have tickets for some AFI fest movies in 2 weeks:

Nocturama
Death in Sarajevo
Elle
It's Only The End of the World
Dark Night
Lion
Crosscurrent

I'm excited for at least 4 of those, the others I'm kind of iffy on.

Tonight I'm seeing Dr. Strange with coworkers, should be pretty zzzzzz.
Dr. Strange was pretty bad!

Dahbomb

I already saw Moonlight and it was great. Don't know much about the other movies on the list, they aren't released here so can't watch them.

Going to watch Dr Strange over the weekend.

Tripon

Does a person need 5 days in Disney? Isn't that excessive, especially when you're without a family?
Disney world has 3 different parks.
Disneyland is smaller, but it does have 2 different parks which can become difficult to go to everything on both parks in 1 day.

Even

Never been to Disney World. Gotta do it someday just to experience it.

On a unrelated note, I had to laugh how much Universal Park prices in Hollywood rose over the summer.

It was at $30ish for years and they couldn't give them away and now it's around $90 because Hogwarts is open. Well, I suppose they can justify the $60+ price increase just because of that.

notworksafe

What a moronic question. Does a person need anything other than food, water, and shelter? No. But sometimes having fun is nice for people...except vulva. He enjoys not having fun.

Disney World is 4 theme parks the size of small cities and 2 water parks (though one is closed at the moment). Even being there 4 days (the first day was bar hopping and exploring Central Florida) I didn't see everything or even close to everything. Hell, I didn't even get a chance to see an entire park. And this is with me staying on property so not having to deal with parking or navigation or other time wasters. So yes, there is plenty to see and do there.

On a unrelated note, I had to laugh how much Universal Park prices in Hollywood rose over the summer.

It was at $30ish for years and they couldn't give them away and now it's around $90 because Hogwarts is open. Well, I suppose they can justify the $60+ price increase just because of that.
I dunno if they state it on their site, but Universal in Florida seems to be teaming up with other parks as well. They were offering that ticket price and said it would also get us into two SeaWorld parks and some other place that was like a Great Adventure or something? I still declined, just not enough time to do everything there.

notworksafe

Also not only was there Halloween stuff all over the place at Magic Kingdom (and Xmas on the last day I was there...an amazing switch over they did in less than 8 hours) but it was the International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. A whole event dedicated to food and booze from around the world, with live music and shows all over each country area there. Been a while since I drank that much in one day. Definitely one of the best reasons to visit Disney as an adult.

NEO0MJ

Sorry Shaq, I'm not American and so don't have much of an idea on how much stuff there is to do there. I've been to Disney Land a couple of years ago and two days were enough for the main Park and Adventure if I'm not mistaken.
As I guess it seems strange for me to stay longer after doing everything there is to do in a park because I don't like spending more time than I need to when visiting a place. No time!

notworksafe

Disneyland is definitely more kid focused and smaller from what I remember, been like a decade since I was there. But Disney World is a mix and even slants towards adults with a lot of the stuff in Epcot and Hollywood Studios parks. Even moreso now that like 75% of HS is Star Wars focused.

Sizewise, it's crazy. Epcot and MK in Flordia are bigger in size than both the California parks, and then there's two more giant parks to check out. Hell, Epcot is almost two parks in one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom