• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well geez if we're doing wish lists

- Less hard knockdowns and OTGs. Let's keep the combos flowing quick, not this stop and go shit
- Get rid of TAC or turn it into something less dumb
- They can keep X-Factor
- Keep the button layout from mvc3, I think it works good
- 3v3 for fuck's sake
- Put these guys in: Magneto, Wolverine, Sentinel, Storm, Psylocke, Captain Commando, Cable, Cyclops

Other than that they can do what they want

My Dream Marvel vs Capcom 4 Roster by notworksafe, age 31:

Marvel
Wolverine
Magneto
Sentinel
Dr. Doom
Phoenix
Cyclops
Deadpool
The Thing
Storm
Jubilee
Professor X
Cable
Silver Surfer
Rogue
Sabertooth
Spiral
Psylocke
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Dazzler

Capcom
Mega Man
Mega Man X
Zero
Nero
Alucard
Soma Cruz
Richter
John Cena
Solid Snake
Ryu
Akuma
Cloud Strife
Dan
Blanka
El Fuerte
Dwayne "Rocky Maivia" "The Rock" "The People's Champion" Johnson
Linn Kurosawa
Sasquatch
Frank West
Decapre

how could i miss such a disgusting list

Westlo

Looking at the new brackets, I'd say Nuckledu/Momochi, and Tokido have the easiest road to top 8 winners now.

Uh... Momochi has to face Xiao Hai if they both win their first matches..... probably the hardest second round matchup to predict a winner.... though can't wait to see the runback after that grand finals from a few months ago....

Man imagine if Marvel/Disney puts big money into CPT.

Maybe the FGC can finally eat.

I'm actually curious what will happen if a second game is added to the current tour.

I think that the newer game would get a bigger portion of winnings compared to the older game just selling dlc to a dwindling base.

I don't expect there to be a cpt where it's 500k total prize winnings for each game. Mostly likely it would be split.

Also, with instances like SFV being shown on ESPN would a second game share a broadcast? Would they extend the broadcast? Would they shun SFV to showcase the new game?

Dahbomb

If they put Marvel on the pro tour it would be interesting to see how much international competition the game gets.
I actually think there will be plenty of it.

Not at the same level of SFV of course but a step up from Marvel 3 which was a gigantic step up from Marvel 2.

We already know that Latin America is competitive in Marvel 3. Players like Frutsy, KBR, Pony etc. do work in Marvel 3. Hell Latin America actually has an EVO title in Marvel! That's more title than US has in SF3 and SF4!

I also think Asia can be competitive with the right motivation and CPT backing. We have players like RF, Cross, Nemo and Takumi who have done some damage... again at an unprecedented level because we have never had Japan in a Marvel EVO top 8 before Marvel 3... let alone 2.

Europe actually started out kinda decent in Marvel 3 with players like White Black and Zak Bennet but that soon dwindled out. I think there can be a resurgence of it with Marvel 4.

Australia and Canada did some work in Marvel 3 as well.

MCU has been a worldwide phenomenon, many of these international folks are likely to know the cast and will be more likely to play it. Pro players may be enticed by the backing from Capcom/Marvel when it comes CPT. Marvel has never had this level of support so I think we will see people coming out of the woodwork.

Of course this all hinges on Marvel 4 being an actual good game. Game could easily flop like SFxT if they make the wrong decisions. I haven't heard a lot of good rumors about the game so far to be honest, it's looking like some monkey's paw shit right about now.

Line_HTX

Ugggh... the MvC4 rumors have even spread to Crunchyroll of all places, God fucking damnit.

Dahbomb

Asia finals for MvC4 gonna be Fchamp/Justin/Chris/KBR etc
Never forget Justin Wong's SBO win.

Outdoors tournament in daylight. Insane glare on monitors.

Hot as hell, everyone sweating.

2 out of 3 single elimination Marvel match. They were going to do 1 round, 1 match Marvel 3 first but the players were like "nah son that's dumb."

Justin had to first beat Kusuro and then an X23 player who had the 1 touch team kill combo on lock. The pressure was mental.

Ugggh... the MvC4 rumors have even spread to Crunchyroll of all places, God fucking damnit.

You can't escape it son.

You are going to be watching some Tekken 7 matches and then the camera will pan out into the crowd with people holding up signs.

One of them will say "When's Mahvel."

Dahbomb

Which tournament was that?
CEO 2011.

Tokido had the "I am going to burn XF and meter with Wolverine if I get the first hit despite playing Phoenix" tech. No one saw it coming when just about everyone saves resources for Phoenix. Back then it was absolutely genius because meter gain was actually kinda high in Marvel 3 and XF1 in Vanilla was as potent as current XF2.

shaowebb

I guess EVO on ESPN lost viewers once LI Joe was out and they needed a title that was US heavy on players for ratings lol.

I guess if we're posting wish lists here's mine:

• xfactor is gone or at least modified with the Baroque stipulation of you drop the soap and it ends immediately.
  • Iron Fist somehow returns and is not bottom tier
  • Daredevil shows up and is a combination of Yatterman 1 and Polymar stuff like the command dodge.
  • TACs are gone entirely and we get something more like aerial raves.
  • Burst system. Either save for xfactor or use it to burst. I dont like Touch of Death and I dont care how anyone feels on this. It works fine in BB and I'd like to see Marvel use one.
  • Tag combo options like SFxTekken had. The system was great with double heavies equating to tag ins and all the other hot key methods mid combo to tag extend.
  • Footsies more like TVC. ..okay in general everything more like TVC
  • Heroes and Heralds mode to return with offline play and local stuff. Would love to sandbox this mode with folks and see tournies for it occassionally.
  • Story mode
  • Comic book unlocks and various collectibles with points to shoot for like The Krypt or something has every MK game.
  • Mini games
  • Continuing content in seasons. I've found I enjoy having a reason to comeback to a title or to stick around longterm after several years.

I guess in essence I would just enjoy a more TVC like experience with megacrashes tossed for burst systems instead. After that...loads of single player stuff and bring HH mode back with offline local play for sandbox silliness.

mbpm1

I guess EVO on ESPN lost viewers once LI Joe was out and they needed a title that was US heavy on players for ratings lol.

I guess if we're posting wish lists here's mine:

• xfactor is gone or at least modified with the Baroque stipulation of you drop the soap and it ends immediately.
  • Iron Fist somehow returns and is not bottom tier
  • Daredevil shows up and is a combination of Yatterman 1 and Polymar stuff like the command dodge.
  • TACs are gone entirely and we get something more like aerial raves.
  • Burst system. Either save for xfactor or use it to burst. I dont like Touch of Death and I dont care how anyone feels on this. It works fine in BB and I'd like to see Marvel use one.
  • Tag combo options like SFxTekken had. The system was great with double heavies equating to tag ins and all the other hot key methods mid combo to tag extend.
  • Footsies more like TVC. ..okay in general everything more like TVC
  • Heroes and Heralds mode to return with offline play and local stuff. Would love to sandbox this mode with folks and see tournies for it occassionally.
  • Story mode
  • Comic book unlocks and various collectibles with points to shoot for like The Krypt or something has every MK game.
  • Mini games
  • Continuing content in seasons. I've found I enjoy having a reason to comeback to a title or to stick around longterm after several years.

I guess in essence I would just enjoy a more TVC like experience with megacrashes tossed for burst systems instead. After that...loads of single player stuff and bring HH mode back with offline local play for sandbox silliness.
So you don't want marvel

shaowebb

So you don't want marvel

I want TVC. We always knew that though. :)
https://twitter.com/iantothemax/status/803418522843893760

There's some hope for X Men in Marvel 4 after all.

Lupinko has in fact teased Wolverine, Cyclops, Gambit, Cable and Magneto in his tweets though. I kinda assumed it was like a RIP in peace kinda teases but who knows at this point.

That'd make a lot of people happy. Wolverine is pretty central to Marvel on the casual market no matter whats happening with rights. He'd likely be bitched about the most even if FGC would likely mourn Magneto more. Here's hoping folks can see those cast.

Fuck Doom's missiles though. If he made his way in again they gotta do something bout that shit.

If you read the Polygon article, it sounds like the stuff about no X-Men is pure speculation on their part. They don't phrase it like any of that info came from their sources.

Coda

If I had to guess I feel like there will be a couple to a few staple X-Men characters included but some will probably not make the cut.

Dahbomb

Rumor that I heard from my cat:

There's going to be a Marvel 3 patch incoming with the remaster on current gen consoles.

Doom, Morrigan, Zero, Vergil nerfed. TAC infinites removed.

Iron Fist still sucks though.

rumors that I heard from my dog:

Phoenix Wright reverted to his first version with an invincible assist
Dante buffed
Ironman buffed
footdive now has an extra 45f of recovery if it doesn't hit a target
Hidden Missiles only shoots out one missile, name changed to hidden missile
Magneto nerfed but is somehow still top tier
Haggar/Sentinel/Hulk have all been nerfed for some odd reason, something about it not being American enough idk my dog wouldn't explain properly and with that said.. Captain America buffed
Strider buffed up to 1mill health
Frank West starts off at level 3
Doctor Strange has a new level 3 called I've come to bargain

thats all I could understand from my
dormammu
dawg

shaowebb

Dante buffed
Ironman buffed
Haggar/Sentinel/Hulk have all been nerfed for some odd reason, something about it not being American enough idk my dog wouldn't explain properly and with that said.. Captain America buffed

dormammu
dawg

I gotta admit that one made me laugh :)

Dahbomb

Dante buffed
Ironman buffed

dormammu
dawg
Yeah but is Marvel 4 gonna be 2v2 or 3v3? My cat wouldn't confirm.

Dante buffed
Ironman buffed

dormammu
dawg

Nice one :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom