• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/iantothemax/status/803418522843893760

There's some hope for X Men in Marvel 4 after all.

Lupinko has in fact teased Wolverine, Cyclops, Gambit, Cable and Magneto in his tweets though. I kinda assumed it was like a RIP in peace kinda teases but who knows at this point.

Crossposting from the Polygon thread:

I want to be clear that I wasn't given any additional information about the game or Michael's sources via DM. My tweet about specific characters being confirmed/deconfirmed is going from what I was told publicly, which you can see in this exchange.

pizzacat

Banned
My Dream Marvel vs Capcom 4 Roster by notworksafe, age 31:

Marvel
Wolverine
Magneto
Sentinel
Dr. Doom
Phoenix
Cyclops
Deadpool
The Thing
Storm
Jubilee
Professor X
Cable
Silver Surfer
Rogue
Sabertooth
Spiral
Psylocke
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Dazzler

Capcom
Mega Man
Mega Man X
Zero
Nero
Alucard
Soma Cruz
Richter
John Cena
Solid Snake
Ryu
Akuma
Cloud Strife
Dan
Blanka
El Fuerte
Dwayne "Rocky Maivia" "The Rock" "The People's Champion" Johnson
Linn Kurosawa
Sasquatch
Frank West
Decapre
Batman and Homer Simpson dlc?

Kalamari

Now that Disney owns Marvel, it may be more appealing to the Japanese I think, they'll start seeing Marvel stuff at Disneyland and gobble that shit up.

IgMyx.gif

On Twitter he clarified that inclusions are specific things he heard (so most likely Ant-Man and Groot are in) and the exclusions (X-Men) are by deduction:

https://twitter.com/MikeMcWhertor/status/803416995622305792

Crossposting from the Polygon thread:

I want to be clear that I wasn't given any additional information about the game or Michael's sources via DM. My tweet about specific characters being confirmed/deconfirmed is going from what I was told publicly, which you can see in this exchange.

Cool. Thanks for pressing him on that Ian.

Since we are throwing out dream.rosters.

Marvel:

Magneto
Storm
Sentinel
Cable
Blackheart
Rogue
Doom
Cyclops
Psylock
Phoenix
Nightcrawler
Dr. Strange
Wolverine
IronMan
BlackPanther
SpiderMan
Venom
Hobgoblin
Silver Samurai
Gambit
Hulk
Captain America
Thor(Redone)
Loki
Scarlet Witch

Capcom

MegaMan X
Zero
Vergil
Dante
Captain Commando
Wesker
Jill(MVC2 style)
Spencer
Firebrand
Urien
Arthur
Cyber Akuma
Ryu
Leon
Haggar
Strider
Scroog McDuck
Phoenix Wright
Asura
Hayato
Morrigan
Demitri
HUNK
Seth
Ammy

CO_Andy

didn't Justin give up Logan for Vergil?

My dream roster

Marvel:

Any character from the Spider-Man universe
Squirrel Girl
Cyclops
Air Bud

Capcom:

Ryu (the other one)
Simone
Dr. Wily

shaowebb

Hmm...if they go back to "assist characters" instead of your partners moves for an assist what if they modified it to do like Arcana Heart's Arcanas?

Choose you an Arcana and get a different Xfactor perk depending on which you chose along with a few extra specials, supers and passive abilities at the cost of a modifier to damage and health and or speed. Like one gives extra air actions, another poison touch, another heals off normals on hit for xfactor perks etc...plus each had their own list of new moves it gave you.

Maybe if they brought back assist only characters it could work that way so that your assist also determines your xfactor and one or two extra moves?

*Colossus assist. Grants a few armored specials, AA shoulder ram assist that causes wall bounce, Grab super, speed stat lowers, damage increases and during Xfactor you slow down but gain hyper armor.

*Archangel assist. Grants a diagonal projectile from above, and an Arthur Dagger like special, Vajra like assist, Maximum Spider like Super, Lowers damage increases speed, during Xfactor you heal faster and some yellow health.
^That sorta thing.

Just tossing out random thoughts on how they could evolve old ideas from the series in new ways. It'd definitely shake it up if choosing an assist also gave you a few specials, and determined your xfactor bonuses. Some folks would choose assists just for the xfactor where as others would go for the specials or supers. Some just for the assist. It'd definitely be different. You could use Heroes and Heralds mode as like a permanent beta to test out tools and mechanics to pair up for new assist additions during the season.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Guys... guys, if there is no x-men in marvel 4 and this all turns out to be true, how the hell does the rumor of a marvel 3 remaster hold any water then? They'd have to renew the license to re-release the game... orz

Guys... guys, if there is no x-men in marvel 4 and this all turns out to be true, how the hell does the rumor of a marvel 3 remaster hold any water then? They'd have to renew the license to re-release the game... orz

Neoxon said the FF/X-Men ban doesn't effect games made prior to the ban.

shaowebb

From the Polygon thread.
g58xy3.gif

The MvC4 future will be full of Rashid fullscreen invincible Spinning Mixer assist.

Along with the Rashid's Theme Remix OST.

Okay...we need this for Marvel 4. No questions asked that shit would be dope. He'd be a terrific remix of ideas to select in a teammate. Storm stuff, GTFO as fuck assist, rushdown, crazy air stuff, tornado properties changing stuff, and yes, Rashidooooo remix sounds dope.

shaowebb

Heh...hey guys remember the rumor for UMVC3 that Haggar would get a trashcan toss as a projectile? Imagine if we got Luke Cage and he had that shit. Full circle baby.

Zissou

Rumor that I heard from my cat:

There's going to be a Marvel 3 patch incoming with the remaster on current gen consoles.

Doom, Morrigan, Zero, Vergil nerfed. TAC infinites removed.

Iron Fist still sucks though.

Ain't gonna be no patch. Spray your cat with water.

shaowebb

Fuck now I can't stop thinking of new cast. Marvel cycle in full here.

Loki has me super interested as a potential character since he uses illusions.
My thoughts on how to do this bastard true to the films is easy.

• Has many moves that, like Noob Saibot, Send out an illusion Loki to do an attack.
  • On top of that has a LVL 1 super that puts another Loki on the screen that just mills around. This isn't Astral vision though. Its more like the Twins in melty blood. At any time he can swap to the double and control it instead. This sets up mixups and crazy new combo links where he can pinball enemies to himself. Also allow him at any point to cashout the Super before it ends into a counter. If succesfull the Loki that was attacked disappears and the opponent is disoriented and then attacked by the Other Loki. That or make the counter a different Super and have another cashout option if you wanna go for damage more than setups.
  • Add on Psylocke's super where she has all the doubles.

Low damage mixup character based on misdirection as tons of doubles run around during attacks. Combine that with the Psylocke Super and the double he can take over at any time and you got a character who is pure shenanigans and screen misdirection.

Needs some filler tools but that alone is enough for a decent illusion character start and it hasn't been done yet in Marvel since they never really use puppet character style tricks or twin movesets.

God I love this time period. Nothing more fun than idle game design.

I just want a heavy redesign of Iron Man. Move set. And bunch of different suit outfits. Not just different colors. Have different models for all the different Marks (with different colors for each, haha).

And Green Goblin. Actually, all the Spidey villians.

And one of the mechs from Cyberbots can be shrunk down to replace Sentinel.

In the early 2000s, Capcom had already lost their Marvel license but still ported mvc2 to ps2 and xbox anyway. They just weren't allowed to add any new features like online play.

My Dream Marvel vs Capcom 4 Roster by notworksafe, age 31:

Marvel
Wolverine
Magneto
Sentinel
Dr. Doom
Phoenix
Cyclops
Deadpool
The Thing
Storm
Jubilee
Professor X
Cable
Silver Surfer
Rogue
Sabertooth
Spiral
Psylocke
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Dazzler

Capcom
Mega Man
Mega Man X
Zero
Nero
Alucard
Soma Cruz
Richter
John Cena
Solid Snake
Ryu
Akuma
Cloud Strife
Dan
Blanka
El Fuerte
Dwayne "Rocky Maivia" "The Rock" "The People's Champion" Johnson
Linn Kurosawa
Sasquatch
Frank West
Decapre

So basically X-Men vs Capcom with some WWE?

Sounds like a FGC dream scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom