• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would random people off the street find Aris funny though? I was listening to the stream with a non fighting game person and he was like what is that guy talking about.

It's funny to us. But alot of it seems to be like inside jokes or fgc humor.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Would random people off the street find Aris funny though? I was listening to the stream with a non fighting game person and he was like what is that guy talking about.

It's funny to us. But alot of it seems to be like inside jokes or fgc humor.

He doesn't get new viewers all the time because they have nothing else better to watch. People spend some time watching him and they realize how funny he is. He incorporates his own flavor into every day life stuff.

Line_HTX

Taketora-san should've used the mic for that stage appearance and yell out ISSHUN SENGEKI just so Steve and Aris would fall over dead.

:lol

mbpm1

He doesn't get new viewers all the time because they have nothing else better to watch. People spend some time watching him and they realize how funny he is. He incorporates his own flavor into every day life stuff.

But why would they spend time in the first place

ShinMaruku

LTG needs Jesus.

LTG needs Zwarte Piet.
Divi9yo.png

Kalamari

Aris is more than just inside jokes, he has a quite subtly sophisticated and deep sense of humor. Sometimes you gotta use your brain to understand his jokes, sometimes you don't.

He doesn't get more viewers because of what he streams. And his stream tech is pretty low tier.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Overwatch is serious business. Seen on a stream people arguing which characters who should use and won't play without a certain team makeup.

Overwatch is serious business. Seen on a stream people arguing which characters who should use and won't play without a certain team makeup.

Yep. Even when you're owning with a certain character, your team will still piss and moan at you to pick a character that fits "the meta".

https://youtu.be/FYn-HuvuOgw

Few days old but ltg vs lijoe. Ltg sounded like he was about punch his tv screen lol. This guy needs to see a psychologist or anger management therapist lol if he is not trolling.

I'd love to see LTG during the Street Fighter 2 days. If he hates people throwing him, then he'd quit fighting games altogether if he played SF2.

Horseress

Aris is more than just inside jokes, he has a quite subtly sophisticated and deep sense of humor. Sometimes you gotta use your brain to understand his jokes, sometimes you don't.

He doesn't get more viewers because of what he streams. And his stream tech is pretty low tier.

He doesn't care to make his stream better, like putting a green screen or an actual stream layout, and still he gets like 1,4k viewers every time. It's not like he needs more viewers. And still, like once an hour, someone in the chat asks "why is hadrig streaming?"

Sayad

I think the number 1 reason why he doesn't get as much views is his look, a 10 years old isn't sticking around to watch someone that look like Aris. Most of his audience are probably 25+ YO FGC/exFGC stream monsters.

And I agree, by far the most entertaining commentator.

.la1n

Aris' stream is the only one I can tolerate. Everyone else is three hours of thanking donators and pop up graphics with thirty minutes of actual game playing. He doesn't need stronger stream tech.

Aris' stream is the only one I can tolerate. Everyone else is three hours of thanking donators and pop up graphics with thirty minutes of actual game playing. He doesn't need stronger stream tech.

He actually has quite a bit of that on his stream but he isn't annoying about it.

Tripon

Aris streams are fine. I just wish his podcast was more consistent. He just needs people like Rick and RIP to make more of an commitment to that show, or have at least one rotating guest so he has somebody to talk to each week.

.la1n

He actually has quite a bit of that on his stream but he isn't annoying about it.

I realized that even as I typed that out but it's so nonintrusive it's a non issue. To be fair; I really don't mind thanking donations and pop up animations/sounds until it completely overtakes the content on the stream.

For example: Max's streams. Love the guy to death and highly entertaining. Unfortunately I am on the east coast and the rare times I can catch him live it's a good hour sometimes before he even touches the game. I'm happy for his success but saddened I can't watch him play live anymore because of all the nonsense.

Kalamari

I just don't see the appeal of watching LoL or Dota streams, so slow paced, like the golf of eSports. Rocket League streams are pretty good if the streamer is Amoney or M1K3Rules, the other streamers are just lame. I can't really watch anything else outside fighting game streams, too much nonsense out there.

Oh, and there are a few entertaining Destiny streams, mostly DGAF streams.

Doomshine

Aris streams are fine. I just wish his podcast was more consistent. He just needs people like Rick and RIP to make more of an commitment to that show, or have at least one rotating guest so he has somebody to talk to each week.

Aris and Rip have been travelling so much for the Tekken tour (and in Rip's case Capcom stuff as well), it will probably be more consistent now that it's over.

shaowebb

Sweet. Went to a local MKXL tourney today for my birthday. Took second with D'vorah. Lost to a solid Takeda/Bo Rai Cho player. Ran sets with another guy for a long while afterwards. Venue said they'll do tournies whenever we want and if we wanna play they are open all the time for locals to run sets whenever for whatever. Gonna see if I can't schedule for the southern WV crowds to come up for a tourney and give em a date. I'll contact the better players at the venue tonight later and try to setup times we can go play later too.

Nice thing is they play everything but smash/sfv which overwhelms the area. Hoping to grow some other games...hell one dude plays Rivals of Aether. My day just got good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom