• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_oi1uhkrpt31r7sijxo1_500.gif

Death by Degrees looks jank af

Man I have played some crappy action games in the past.
Eh, it was ok trash. Don't think that was the worst 3rd person action game I played at the time. I mean if you just want to play Devil May Cry all day because you won't get a better character action game on PS2, that's fine too.

Quebaz

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

What's everyone's opinion on 3D Arena fighters ala Virtual-On, the Gundam VS series and the more fan-servicy titles like the Naruto Storm games?

Virtual ON OT is probably my favourite fighter ever and it's a shame the re-release only got released on the 360.

What's everyone's opinion on 3D Arena fighters ala Virtual-On, the Gundam VS series and the more fan-servicy titles like the Naruto Storm games?

They are fun games to play for fun. Which is probably not a common opinion if people just want to be hyper competitive and play to win all day.

NEO0MJ

They are fun games to play for fun. Which is probably not a common opinion if people just want to be hyper competitive and play to win all day.

Yeah. I only ever got to play the VO series in arcades but they were so much fun. I played the PS2 game but it wasn't as good and I really felt that playing on a regular controller wasn't right.

Quebaz

Yeah. I only ever got to play the VO series in arcades but they were so much fun. I played the PS2 game but it wasn't as good and I really felt that playing on a regular controller wasn't right.

Marz is quite dumbed down, I think it's even slower than Force and that was already a bit dumbed-down to accomodate the 2v2 system. Focusing on a campaign with upgrades and all that surely didn't help.

Line_HTX

Evo and Capcom Cup have fallen into the trap of eSports production and sort of lost their identity as a result. In a time where people are cord cutting and ESPN is losing viewers, I feel like their grasping onto television media a little late, at the expense of what makes the tournaments so entertaining. Why not devote their energy to avenues of exposure which are growing rather than shrinking and building their own niche, rather than becoming just another vanilla eSports broadcast that looks like any other.

Kudos to Namco for doing it their own way. When you aren't constrained by outside forces, you have a lot more freedom to make something special.

This. The spectacle of the Globals had way more energy and raw emotion of those in the Losers bracket fighting for their tournament lives, and while it did have breaks, it did not have prolongued downtime of nothingness and taking forever to get to the next action. It's this that makes the Globals a very unique event to watch and stay with it from beginning till end.

Shouta

Anyone know if that White House thing with Jwong and Mike Ross is going to be streamed? I'd be pretty fun to watch that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So much irony with the white house thing. It's supposed to show awareness for healthcare but seems to me like a lot of FGC players don't even have health insurance. I'd be surprised if Justin himself has it.

So much irony with the white house thing. It's supposed to show awareness for healthcare but seems to me like a lot of FGC players don't even have health insurance. I'd be surprised if Justin himself has it.

Uh...really? Is this a case of pro FGC players not paying for insurance or them not having jobs that offer insurance as a benefit?

I just assumed its to highlight that everyone(especially the FGC) should sign up for UHC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom