• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Uh...really? Is this a case of pro FGC players not paying for insurance or them not having jobs that offer insurance as a benefit?

Either or. I'd personally wouldn't want a job unless it has certain benefits and that being one of them. Healthcare is very important. A lot of these guys don't exactly live the healthiest lifestyles. Every time Floe is screaming at the top of his lungs I'm very afraid he's going to have a stroke.

Tripon

Justin, PR Rog, Fchamp, Ricki all work for Nividia. I would be very surprised if they don't have health insurance.

Now Kbrad? Oh, I can definitely see him skipping out on it and hoping when he gets sick, it's in a country with universal health coverage.

Onemic

Justin, PR Rog, Fchamp, Ricki all work for Nividia. I would be very surprised if they don't have health insurance.

Now Kbrad? Oh, I can definitely see him skipping out on it and hoping when he gets sick, it's in a country with universal health coverage.

They work for Nvidia? Doing what? Or is Nvidia just a sponsor

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I forgot Justin worked for Nvidia. Nvidia should have great benefits. Now about the other huge chunk of FGC pros without a job.

rulerk1

just bought SFV and was wondering if there was SHI-G for SFV? For those who dont know SHI-G is a youtube/twitch channel for high level Japanese Smash 4 matches

Dahbomb

LMAO @ all this false information being spread on how I got juniored.

I contacted the guy if he wanted help making the OT before I even made a post about it in that thread (I have all the receipts). He didn't reply back and thought I was going to hijack the thread from him when that wasn't the intention. He made a big fuss over it then didn't want to make it anymore which caught the attention of the mods. The whole thing spiraled out of control because of a miscommunication.

The real issue was that the guy who made the original DmC OT made a joke thread about it and it reflected poorly on the game and the player base, who got upset over it. We thought that the DmC DE thread should be made into a real thread as to not piss off people again so when some person I didn't recognize try to make the OT I was like "here we go again, another joke thread incoming and." I didn't know the Nemesis guy was a veteran at making threads otherwise I wouldn't have bothered him at all. It wasn't a matter of a "DMC fan should make it", it was actually the opposite... we wanted a DmC fan to make it. And yes, I actually do very much enjoy DmC.

I know you guys love joke threads but some people take it the wrong way. I wanted to unite the DmC and DMC fans, not segregate them further. And that's exactly what Nemesis wanted to do too but he took my request the wrong way and thought I was trying to strong arm him or something.

Things could have been handled better of course. The PM exchange could have been clearer and I should not have gotten any extra people involved. That's ultmately why I was juniored, I got other people involved in this.

notworksafe

started with
Bro come on now....

At least let me do DMC4SE...

I'd rather have it be put up to a vote in the DmC and DMC4 reveal thread over who should have the OTs.

DahBomb should at least get the DMC4 one :<

turns into http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143681971&postcount=2801

turns into a cryfest http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143746192&postcount=2821

turned into you getting juniored. seems accurate to me.

Beats

Checked the archive and the SFV segment on the White House stream seemed really short compared to every other game lol. It was a first to three and Justin won 3-0 then the streamed ended shortly after that.

Lemstar

speaking of dmc4se

i bought the pc version for a bud and it crashed on load every time until he unplugged his second monitor

capcom

notworksafe

_92428385_wh.jpg

"Hey Barry, you gonna play as Kuma? Cause you know...cause he's a bear. Barry, bear. Get it?"
"Shut up Joe"

This is why I rarely make threads. Then again I'm pretty apathetic about making threads in general and most of the ones I would make are already made so it's like yup.

Dahbomb

Is DMC4 the most powerful bastard but he choose to nerf himself so his nephew could get the spotlight?
DMC4 Dante trolled though DMC4 and even saved Nero's punk ass.

For Nero DMC4 was the most important point in his life... for Dante it was Tuesday.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
DMC, Omnimusha, BOF, etc, all could use a proper sequel and add more to the story line but Capcom is horrible at that. Not as bad as Konami though.

NEO0MJ

Dahbomb is such a fraud, lol.
Though I understand wanting something important to you represented well. I hate the Gundam OT.

NEO0MJ

Are you fucking kidding me?! Fuck that, no way am I supporting a late port with no DLC for $50. They can keep that measly launch discount for themselves.

Beckx

Yeah I watched Babylon 5 too.

the only point in using that reference is that someone gets it

Zathras can never have anything nice. :(

new PS4 EXVS news in Famitsu. New universal fast fall option. Not clear how it works or what, but would be nice if suits didn't end up tiered based on their ability to do a fast fall cancel.

Line_HTX

Revelator is still much better than SFV, but man, that Steam price though is a huge bummer. Fucking ASW's way of doing things, I swear...

=/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom