• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Ooh, a PS4 pad, let me se-"
*six face buttons*

IgMyx.gif

Wallach

Kumubou

Not Riot. Anyone but Riot.
You would seriously take modern Capcpom over Riot?

Things really can't get much worse. What's the worst thing that happens, SF5 dies and everyone is consumed by e-sports? Oh no, I'll just go off into a corner and play Melty for the next 20 years.

Sayad

We already see in the trailer that the Time gem allows you to break the normal rules of the magic series chain combos. Captain Marvel is continuously going back from heavy to lights and vice versa.
If it's a cancel into anything gem, then the so-fi > fly > so-fi > unfily dream lives!

mbpm1

Things really can't get much worse. What's the worst thing that happens, SF5 dies and everyone is consumed by e-sports? Oh no, I'll just go off into a corner and play Melty for the next 20 years.

Can't kill Melty even more I suppose

shaowebb

Melty is genuinely amazing. Any game with Deers for attacks is good.

Have I completed our cycle now? Guy brings up thing, folks joke about how thing not capcom good, joke continues bout thing bein obscure, shaowebb whips out praise for thing and tries to drop odd thingers bout thingy and how it things its thingies.

:p
I haven't slept in a looooong while.

Why does that Chaos guy have a name that looks like someone mashed the kayboard?

...on second thought, don't answer that. It's an anime game, I should've just guessed.

shaowebb

Why does that Chaos guy have a name that looks like someone mashed the kayboard?

...on second thought, don't answer that. It's an anime game, I should've just guessed.
wikimisumi said:
"His name, phonetically spelled "Nero", was given to him by the Church as a play on words in Gematria by which the letters that compose it add up to 666, the so-called Number of the Beast."
The best explanation is already in the anime
Worth the laughs.

ShinMaruku

I'd rather Valve or somebody completely new. Riot in many ways are just as bad as capcom in their inane ideas. Dropping a patch right before a major to fuck with how the pros play and only to fuck with the pros is daft.

notworksafe

Inane ideas are nothing new in the FG space. What I see Riot helping with is the concept of infrastructure. Everything done now is sorta...half assed. Riot brings a proper networking setup, friends lists, streams inside the client, etc. Also they have enough money and a big enough fanbase to do a real push, which is something new to the FG scene. These are all things Valve or Blizzard could also bring but I don't see them jumping into the FG space any time soon.

pizzacat

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";226563356]It's like playing those old arcade beat-em-ups like Gauntlet that you know are rigged against you progressing but you don't really care.[/QUOTE]

Gauntlet is fire af tho

NEO0MJ

Inane ideas are nothing new in the FG space. What I see Riot helping with is the concept of infrastructure. Everything done now is sorta...half assed. Riot brings a proper networking setup, friends lists, streams inside the client, etc. Also they have enough money and a big enough fanbase to do a real push, which is something new to the FG scene. These are all things Valve or Blizzard could also bring but I don't see them jumping into the FG space any time soon.

Who's to say this wasn't a hint at their next project?

maxresdefault.jpg

Sayad

omg I ran into these types of guys in Japan and they follow you in a relay race type fashion lmao. After the first guy gets denied, the next one starts following you to the next block, then the next one. fuck
They're everywhere in South East Asia, except maybe China where laws are more strict.

SMH at Steve telling him about the camera though, talk about ruining the show.

Haven't they always nerfed his characters? He just finds a way regardless of the patches.
Didn't he win tournaments with Kitana after someone argued with him that she(and zoonning in general in MKX) is ass on TYM?

NEO0MJ

I just love that they named a trophy/achievement after him. No matter what nerfs his characters get, you can't take that away.

What's the achievement called and how do you earn it?

Didn't he win tournaments with Kitana after someone argued with him that she(and zoonning in general in MKX) is ass on TYM?

Yeah, he can beat anyone with any character in MK. Well, almost everyone. Tekken Master forced his hand at EVO.

Lupe retired?

Coming from someone who's a huge fan, he does this shit every year the moment something happens on Twitter...TWITTER. And he always says he's gonna stay off social media, but he comes right back just to say he's retiring because of a few twitter comments.

He'll still drop those 3 albums next year watch.

Onemic

It's weird that they are selling a 'complete' bundle of both Revelator and Sign. That just seems like a straight up trick to those that know nothing about GG who think they might be getting a deal.

It's weird that they are selling a 'complete' bundle of both Revelator and Sign. That just seems like a straight up trick to those that know nothing about GG who think they might be getting a deal.
If my knowledge of how Steam works is correct, it's to give existing SIGN owners a better deal on Revelator. Since you already own one or more of the games in the bundle Steam automatically deducts the cost of SIGN (while keeping the 10% bundle discount for Rev).

Onemic

If my knowledge of how Steam works is correct, it's to give existing SIGN owners a better deal on Revelator. Since you already own one or more of the games in the bundle Steam automatically deducts the cost of SIGN (while keeping the 30% discount for Rev).

Oh is that what it is? nvm then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom