• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlent

Apparently this is just an announcement that they've started development on AH4, which means that nothing has actually been done yet or that it will actually come out. Apparently they've also been inspired by SkullGirls to set up some kind of crowdfunding for it.

Apparently this is just an announcement that they've started development on AH4, which means that nothing has actually been done yet or that it will actually come out. Apparently they've also been inspired by SkullGirls to set up some kind of crowdfunding for it.

Hmmm. Interesting. I wonder if it'll have the same kind of fanbase that's willing to support the game with big money like Lab Zero's fanbase, at least in western territories. I'm sure Japan would throw down their support.

...cause I'm not sure if I'd throw down money on a crowdfunded Arcana Heart 4; not much money, anyway.

Hupsel

Hey guys. I am terrible at fighting games but enjoy them. Is there a PC fighting game that is:

. Mostly not combo based
. Has a good/helathy online community
. Noob friendly

May be impossible to find one but Ill give it a shot

pixelish

Hey guys. I am terrible at fighting games but enjoy them. Is there a PC fighting game that is:

. Mostly not combo based
. Noob friendly

you pretty much describe street fighter v

CO_Andy

. Mostly not combo based
. Noob friendly

Samurai Shodown on Fightcade or SFV for something modern.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ucchedavāda;226761806 said:
I would like him to do well, but has he actually been playing much competitively, lately?
I've seen some Mike Ross compilations recently. I guess he's been grinding online. I think he plays Birdie.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Some weekend JoJo:

Akira VS Joseph:
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29265752

When the game first released, Akira was considered to be one of the weakest characters. After the game got patched, however, he shot up the tiers and is now an absolute menace. You'll notice an extra bar near his super meter. That's his electricity battery. Doing special moves drains this bar, and if it's empty, he can't do any specials or go S-ON. He can charge up his battery, or land his super to instantly fill it. The real trouble starts when you realize you can charge the battery past full, to 'overcharge' it. While overcharged, Red Hot Chili Pepper does more damage overall, and there's some new properties on his moves (crumple, etc). He also does a lot of guard gauge chip, and if he spends a bar of meter, he can take out an entire guard gauge for a free combo. To top it all off, when he KOs you, he can cancel into his command taunt (these exist) and build at least a full bar of meter while the win counter updates.

Joesph Joestar is up there with Diavolo as one of the best characters in the game. That's because he has a crazy amount of moves (more specials than anyone else). He has amazing normals all around. A command normal that's an almost instant over-head. Not one but 3 reliable anti-airs. Not one but 3 counter moves that are active on frame 1. One of which starts a free, full combo. He has a mini-rekka. He has a sheild move that not only blocks practically everything, but can be canceled into out of normals, allowing him to cancel his normals super fast. He has a projectile that boomerangs back to him if you hold the button down. When it boomerangs, it can act as a combo breaker. He has a crazy juggle combo that does a lot of damage. On top of that, you'll notice a scarf counter next to his super meter. Landing any of the counter moves I mentioned will increase it up to 3. Every time it goes up, his overall damage output goes up. Crazy.

The game has some crazy characters, but remains largely very balanced due to the various defense elements built in. (cross-unders, parry, roman cancels for safety, etc).

Here's an Akira combo video with some bonus matches after the 10 min mark:
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm29065503

Here's a shot video showing some interesting set-up you can see in the game (includes Yoshikage Kira):
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30177227

ShinMaruku

Who is aiai now that his character is a useless cum dumpster

Juri075.jpg

I remember when KBrad was a retalively unknown and then he beat the unbeatable Infiltration.

That is what the fgc has that is special the idea that somebody new can come and drop the high. I remember when Du was a online warrior, now look at him. When you look at them as unbeatable you reach the esports state of mind which is batshit to me.

petghost

Banned
Why did they take Juri from one of the most unique and interesting characters in sf in years and turn her into something so boring.

Village

Why did they take Juri from one of the most unique and interesting characters in sf in years and turn her into something so boring.

Her character or her moveset

Juri is still Juri, she's this wild card who loves violence, fueled on some vague revenge we don't have full context off

Her movset, oh yeah they fucked her shit all up in 5. The update needs to just make juri sf4 juri

K-Brad got sent to losers by KB's Birdie, a guy I never heard of. How is K-Brad so inconsistent?

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't actually grind enough. Like obviously he plays a lot but I wonder how much of his play time is just playing and not serious work. He is constantly traveling, like literally every weekend, so he might get less time learning than you'd think. Probably doesn't do much studying either.

Which reminds me of how bizarre it is when commentators will talk about how Americans were actually practicing like it's some exceptional thing. "Ricki really wants to do well at Capcom Cup, she's been playing a lot this past week with the other EG players!" or remember last year when Justin learning option selects was like this big talking point. Wow ok cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom