• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Aw...no AH footage for the anniversary Tizoc?

2hrs Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDahPS_8nj8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3_OooYr3L8
Minori and Ichor her Arcana of Blood in action

I still don't know how Ichor works fully yet. Hard to find a full translation. Nearest I can tell it affects your healing, and the amount of damage you take and has projectiles that cause launch states. Not certain if they are air unblockable or have clash frames but they have large hitboxes and there are mulitples of them and they can even be shot from the air to put someone up there in a juggle state if they connect. Very useful for Minori who has dash grabs and air super stuff. Also it looks like you end up with the equivalent of Gambits old Super with the energy waves with this Arcana as well. No clue about extend force or passives though. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Tizoc

Heh didn't notice those during my search but mind you I'm not the biggest AH fan. I'll hype it out though as its system is pretty interesting.

petghost

Banned
is uriens aegis important enough in 5 to make akuma having teleport a matchup changing thing? iirc the teleport fucks up a lot of setups in 3s.

Moaradin

is uriens aegis important enough in 5 to make akuma having teleport a matchup changing thing? iirc the teleport fucks up a lot of setups in 3s.

Urien is strong enough without aegis, especially in season 2. And Akuma's teleport is a lot more punishable in SFV so if you're expecting it, you could probably bait it pretty easily.

dawgparty

Been playing a lot of older fighting games lately and I've been wondering which games Chun isn't charge in? I love the character but charge and I don't work out.

Line_HTX

That imperial pilot in Rogue One looks too much like ChrisG.

I saw the movie last night, and the minute I saw that pilot the first thing that came to my mind was, what the hell, why is Chris G in this movie, lmao

He even made the Chris G smile
upon impending doom
as well. Only thing missing was his New York accent, hahaha

dawgparty

Aw...no AH footage for the anniversary Tizoc?

2hrs Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDahPS_8nj8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3_OooYr3L8
Minori and Ichor her Arcana of Blood in action

I still don't know how Ichor works fully yet. Hard to find a full translation. Nearest I can tell it affects your healing, and the amount of damage you take and has projectiles that cause launch states. Not certain if they are air unblockable or have clash frames but they have large hitboxes and there are mulitples of them and they can even be shot from the air to put someone up there in a juggle state if they connect. Very useful for Minori who has dash grabs and air super stuff. Also it looks like you end up with the equivalent of Gambits old Super with the energy waves with this Arcana as well. No clue about extend force or passives though. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Ah man I love AH. Wish anybody I knew still played it. That and the system is so confusing. I played Nazuna and still am confused about some of her mechanics.

shaowebb

Ah man I love AH. Wish anybody I knew still played it. That and the system is so confusing. I played Nazuna and still am confused about some of her mechanics.

I can help with that. Go Go Wiki Mizuumi!
Wiki Mizuumi said:
Rei-Ryoku Meter
Because Nazuna has so many powerful projectiles, being able to spam them would be silly. Every special and super Nazuna performs (with exception of arcana moves) costs a certain amount of Rei-Ryoku meter depending on the strength of the move. This meter recovers naturally over time, though there is a small recovery after using a move where it will not recover at all. If you consume the whole gauge, then it will turn red, and Nazuna can not only not use any specials or supers, but she will also lose her ability to chain normals. The only way to chain normals while exhausted is to enter EF, which is a temporary fix, still doesn't give you specials back either. Do not let your meter run out unless you will win with it, it's not worth it.
You will notice that the meter does not start out completely full, nor does it naturally completely refill. The last bit of the gauge is for overcharging. To overcharge, you can either use 28X and sacrifice some life, or hit with 63214X. Any specials used while overcharged, will gain a small increase in damage (10-15%). Since these moves also overcharge instantly, they are a good way to keep your meter up if you really have to.

In general, put out bunnies and since they run all over the place and last they obstruct well. After that pair em with any of the other zoning tools like the butterflies or wolves and it gets rough for folks to thread the needles past her long normals and the early AA and GTFO space control tools you should be doing every so often. Crows are really helpful because I dont think they take up as much meter as wolves or butterflies do. You shouldn't be non stop using her tools or she'll burn out her meter anyways. Crows are great to check people anyhow. Nakoruru from Sam Sho would be proud. I just like wolves because their like "Get em Missile" in marvel and Butterflies are really really damned annoying since they bounce up and down, come out in clusters and move sloooooowly across the screen in tandem with the bunnies hopping everywhere along the screen edges. Hard needle to thread.

I used to use her with Earth for the giant fist and def buffs but since her normals already cover so much I think I should try what the wiki says and give her a whirl with Time someday.

Greats used to rock Nazuna before Love Max changes nerfed her and he went to Dorothy

Rhapsody

Banned
Been playing a lot of older fighting games lately and I've been wondering which games Chun isn't charge in? I love the character but charge and I don't work out.

She's always had charge, iirc. Even in Hyper Fighting where Kikouken was HCF motion, SBK was still a charge.

Csr

Ucchedavāda;226858430 said:
That would put it below USFIV on XBox360 (5.1 frames) and PS4 (5.3 frames).
The lowest possible reported for USFIV is 3.5 frames on PC, after tweaking:
http://www.displaylag.com/reduce-input-lag-in-pc-games-the-definitive-guide/

Assuming that Xian is correct, then it may even be possible to beat 3.5 frames on PC with tweaking.

Probably different methodology so can't compare directly.

The test that measured SFV at 6.2 frames also put USFIV at 4.3.

Kalamari

Gift Shopping Protip: Sees Candies gives free samples

Let It Die is so gross, Aris caught a rat, cooked it over some fire, and ate to gain haych pee

Probably different methodology so can't compare directly.

The test that measured SFV at 6.2 frames also put USFIV at 4.3.

It's the same source, though.
I just took the numbers from their database and from their article about reducing input delay:
http://www.displaylag.com/video-game-input-lag-database/
http://www.displaylag.com/reduce-input-lag-in-pc-games-the-definitive-guide/

The difference may be due to different methodology between the tests, but I don't know.

shaowebb

More characters are being added to KI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycnVK0S0mJU

Sweet! I just came home to see my new X1 on the doorstep. I'm updating the system now. Since the patch goes live tomorrow I'm coming in at the perfect time given all the changes to potential damage and such. I dig robots so I'm down for Kilgore and his more Terminator looking self.

Eager to play around in the lab some tonight before I travel in the morning in the holidays. Just trying to feel out the game mechanics and not learn specific combos or anything since it'll all change when I get back.

count after season 2 sfv

Lr5Brgp.png

shaowebb

Okay, just got done testin the waters. KI feels crazy and pretty awesome. Definitely has one of the best laid out command list setups and GUI for general quality of life tools for players. The autodoubles are like a more roundabout version of what most folks have been doing lately of mashable combo stuff to make combos more player friendly. The ender/blowout thing isn't an issue really unless you are just blind out there. Enders really only become a thing for me if I accidently cashout goin for a heavy linkers so far where I'm new, but I think that'll work out easy enough.

Its different, but its fast, super simple on controls and you can very very very quickly go straight in on swaggy stuff and learning matches because honestly its combos feel pretty easy to learn with this setup. Just realize heavy attacks cashout and end combos and that if you dont remember to do it you'll blowout, the combo will end when the scaling meter fills and it didn't do shit because all you got was potential damage that goes away.

Put Akuma and Akira in KI.

They'd be cool. Jago shits all over Ryu though. His extra tools beyond the template of fireball/uppercut are amazing. A multihitting dash kick that goes through projectiles...my god its like shadowkicking to get through zoners. Feels like it can even combo. I wish Ryu's mule kick slid up and had that. Mahvel baby.

Dahbomb

100 page patch note for SFV.

Good on Capcom for at least providing a comprehensive list of patch notes.

My main concern reading most of those changes was... why? Some moves got changed in numbers for no real reason other than that they needed changing.

I might have to start playing SFV a bit more than I did in Season 1. I just got to Bronze in Season 1...that's it, just Bronze. I dethroned a Bronze guy to Rookie in order to get my Bronze status and I thought to myself "It can only go downhill from here".

I don't know if I'll really be able to appreciate all the SFV Season 2 changes immediately, but I'm willing to give it a go again.

apparently tekken revolution is shutting down

That seems like no big surprise, since Tekken 7 is (theoretically) around the corner.

Line_HTX

That's interesting, since IIRC they said that they were using Tekken Revolution as some sort of testing ground before Vanilla Tekken 7.

NEO0MJ

My main concern reading most of those changes was... why? Some moves got changed in numbers for no real reason other than that they needed changing.

Because why not?

Though more seriously we should by now be used to Japanese devs changing numbers for no discernible reason.

shaowebb

Okay, I seriously love this fucking kick.
3sDLq63.gif

Just blows through projectiles and can be slipped in so fast between things. All I can do is just sit and dream of how much I would've loved for Ryu to have that tool in TVC, or MVC all those times I played him. Shits all over Tatsu considering Jago already has crossups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom