• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

nice, art

-----------------

if this were truly a just universe, the SNK PS4 ports would have been by M2

because holy shit their Battle Garegga port, wow

If only they had made a physical :(
I stopped caring once I heard it didn't have one. I'll just get pandoras box 4 or one of the other jamma setups with it on it.

Line_HTX

Dot Esports ‏@DOTesports 1h1 hour ago

Why CBS crime drama Elementary went all-in on an esports episode:

https://dotesports.com/business/elementary-esports-cbs-jkap-4247

The ELEAGUE Major won't be the only time esports makes an appearance on a nationally televised broadcast in the coming months. The CBS Crime Drama Elementary will feature several prominent esports figures in its upcoming Feb. 19 episode.

Call of Duty World Champion Jordan "JKap" Kaplan, Counter-Strike player Tarik "tarik" Celik, fighting game community veteran Arturo "TS Sabin" Sanchez, and Smash Bros. Melee pros Ryan "The Moon" Coker-Welch and Hendrick "DJ Nintendo" Pilar will all appear in a gaming-themed episode, according to the show’s writers.

Executive producer and writer Robert Hewitt Wolfe told Dot Esports that the episode will involve Sherlock and Watson investigating a murder in the esports world.

Primetime national TV, aaaAAAaaa!

pixelish

Dot Esports ‏@DOTesports 1h1 hour ago

Why CBS crime drama Elementary went all-in on an esports episode:

https://dotesports.com/business/elementary-esports-cbs-jkap-4247

Primetime national TV, aaaAAAaaa!

quoted from the article
A gaming house scene, which hasn’t yet been filmed, will use the players to lend the scene a dose of authenticity. While the players will not have spoken lines, they will be present in the scene preparing for an upcoming tourney.

damn, i thought art will get at least a line or two. was hoping he will say "yooo aaaaAAAaaaa" on national tv.

Perro

I thought Elementary was some sort of documentary show, not some CSI shit.
Good for Art anyway. CBS | Sabin lets gooo.

jbug617

Banned
Art is esports for the show
C1bNFMnUkAA4roC.jpg
https://mobile.twitter.com/nycfurby/status/817065899928719360

shaowebb

I gotta know since I was down sick and missed the "MVCI full roster leak"...did it actually have any sort of teamreal dedicated followers believing it? Seems really sketchy. Especially with characters like June from Star Gladiator out of nowhere.

shaowebb

Still have a sensible chuckle every time I think about Ryu's POWER STONE line from the trailer

Thats my only real regret from reading that reddit fanfiction...it talked of new Power Stone. That game really needs to return. Its fantastic. I often hoped that if they wouldn't bring it back then they'd rip it off as a Megaman franchise game and just shove all the fans of each series into one game by including cast from all the franchises in a MM powerstone sorta thing. It'd be easy to Amiibo that shit. Heck just rip off the MM powered up stage builder and jam it in there and have Amiibo or whatever NFC things unlock stage parts. One part mario maker one part party game one part massive collectible figurine craze.

sigh...we all have dreams. I think it'd be money.

I gotta know since I was down sick and missed the "MVCI full roster leak"...did it actually have any sort of teamreal dedicated followers believing it? Seems really sketchy. Especially with characters like June from Star Gladiator out of nowhere.

I hope not, the fake was really obvious.

shaowebb

Been playing some TVC this morning and just really admiring the way Tekkaman Blades inputs were designed. Tekkaman Blade has a move called Blade impale. When in the air hit Down+H and you do a stab that dives straight down with his lance. Mid combo it brings folks back down to the ground. Thing is he has a DownUP+H move that has him spin his lance and then dash full screen carrying folks to the corner. They designed his Blade impale's input and his Blade Spin to work in tandem so that if you do an air combo it buffers the input for the Blade Spin followup.

I love that shit. Sorta like how Chun Li's head stomp buffers her spinning bird kick followup in UMVC3. Its just a rhythm that feels good. I sorta wish Ippatsuman's Uppercut wasn't a DP motion and was instead a DownUP motion since his main way to pressure was to use his Down+H base slide kick into his L version of the uppercut. Woulda felt good to buffer the upper with the slide.

Here's hoping someone in MVCI has a neat little series of inputs like this. I'd dig someone with a Down+atk slide, into a Down Up +Atk upper, into an air Down+atk dive attack that brings them back down. The rhythm would feel really really fun and comfortable in combos doing the whole down up down thing and watching folks bounce up and down or get pressured.

Just gushing I guess. I gotta thing for smartly designed inputs that are meant to buffer their intended followups. Shit feels great.

Dahbomb

Jin Saotome had something like that.

You could do his D+HK drill kick from air, then do D+HK slide on ground and then UP+HP for his burst like attack which is a charge attack.

Though the less charge characters in MVC I the better tbh. Charge moves always end up being a liability in these games.

I gotta know since I was down sick and missed the "MVCI full roster leak"...did it actually have any sort of teamreal dedicated followers believing it? Seems really sketchy. Especially with characters like June from Star Gladiator out of nowhere
I was also late to the party on these leaks and when I asked about it in the MVC thread I was lol'd outta there.

Yeah I knew it was a fake when I saw it had 50 characters but only 1 DMC character.

shaowebb

Jin Saotome had something like that.

You could do his D+HK drill kick from air, then do D+HK slide on ground and then UP+HP for his burst like attack which is a charge attack.

Though the less charge characters in MVC I the better tbh. Charge moves always end up being a liability in these games.
Yeah, I agree. I think charge characters only really shine in faster titles like the vs series if they are designed with specific stuff like the Tekkaman Blade and Jin thing you mentioned in mind. Basically the moves are there if you can find an opportunity when crouch blocking or low pressuring to use them, but otherwise they are intended for specifically following up certain down+atk sequences mid combo for easy comfort.

God I love the way they feel though when they are setup like Blades air Down+H into his DownUP+H sequence. Soooooo fun.
I was also late to the party on these leaks and when I asked about it in the MVC thread I was lol'd outta there.

That thread seems like unless you live in it you'll just get pushed out. Saw someone ask if you were under a rock simply because you hadn't been there every single day of the thread this week. Some of us have careers and can't spend all day in an echo chamber for marvel fanfics lol.

At this point I treat it like I do Injustice 2...when theres news theres news. No point in obsessing till something concrete is shown.

Dahbomb

Well I don't have anything against that thread or the people in it but I personally don't care too much about the roster. The game and its modes have to be good. Right now there is no game play information about the game so it's just roster speculation at this point. And people are throwing out the most obscure suggestions in there which is just setting yourself up for a disappointment.

shaowebb

Well I don't have anything against that thread or the people in it but I personally don't care too much about the roster. The game and its modes have to be good. Right now there is no game play information about the game so it's just roster speculation at this point. And people are throwing out the most obscure suggestions in there which is just setting yourself up for a disappointment.

Yeah. I just see it as a waste of time to lurk it at the moment. I really would hope for them to go back on the "no assist" idea at some point due to fan backlash. Going down to 2 characters with a tag combo mechanic is okay but rubbed fans of 3v3 wrong. No assists really hurt them. Dont get me wrong, from what little I've seen MVCI looks fun and cool on its own, but its just that its a sequel that looks to kind of throw away its core draw elements. I just feel it needs to cater to its history more and at the very least have assists.

Who knows...maybe the infinity stones look to mitigate that element in a cool way, but they sound more like groove style stuff or something akin to extend force options from Arcana Heart that are different and equippable per stone.

We just need more hard details like you said. Thats a bigger deal than characters at this point. Just too much is sorta still sounding like its being worked on to even know what to get excited for in characters.

I just think about how a Haggar vs Magneto with assists then Haggar vs Magneto without assists. Assists actually forces the same characters to fight very differently. Tagging in a guys does what besides damage? A better setup or a Hard Knockwdown?

Dahbomb

I just think about how a Haggar vs Magneto with assists then Haggar vs Magneto without assists. Assists actually forces the same characters to fight very differently. Tagging in a guys does what besides damage? A better setup or a Hard Knockwdown?
Depending upon how they implement tags in MVCI, you can do something like throw Hidden Missiles, quick tag in Haggar to get in. Maybe you can make them block something with heavy stun and do the special tag which would allow Haggar to come in and attempt a command throw mix up.

Of course this is all theoretical and we don't know what's actually possible. I just know that porting over characters from Marvel 3 wholesale without significant changes would be terrible. People complain about Haggar vs Magneto match ups but that has never stopped Haggar from winning EVOs because matchups are extremely dynamic in a 3v3 (Haggar is favored to win if he has a life lead with assist vs Magneto not having an assist) but 1v1 you really need every character to come with a full set of toolset or else tiers would be far more stratified.

Line_HTX

He can't help it, why play lesser games when the game of 2016 is free

Ya, and it's not exactly going to make the console release go any faster. At least it's a good enough stream to put in the background for a while. He seems to make those surprised yells whenever he's taking a ton of damage though, haha.

Kalamari

What's the deal with Chick-Fil-A? One opened nearby a couple months ago and every time I drive by the parking lot is packed and drive thru backed up. Where is it on the FGC chicken tier list?

mbpm1

What's the deal with Chick-Fil-A? One opened nearby a couple months ago and every time I drive by the parking lot is packed and drive thru backed up. Where is it on the FGC chicken tier list?

It's the same whenever I pass it near my workplace

Must be moneyhatted drivers

Dahbomb

It's too suburban for the FGC.

NB4 ViewtifulJC calls me out but he knows it's true.

Xevren

Breakfast biscuits are dope, though I don't think they do the spicy ones anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom