• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
never heard of echo fox :/

well I have now I guess lol

Shouta

What is a marketing deal.

Marketing what though? =P

That's always sort of eluded me with sponsorships on the player side of the FGC. The way I see it is that sponsoring teams works because the team itself has a strong brand behind it that makes it worthwhile to do so. However, in the FGC, the strength is individual players rather than the team's brand. Unless the players are spreading the word for the team's sponsors, I don't know how they're actively getting a return on it. Yeah, logos on personal streams and jackets are a thing does it really have a big effect? I mean if it only costs a little then I can see it being OK but for any real amount of money? That's a big hole.

Line_HTX

I agree with most of your post except this. Why hasn't UC been good in a long time for you? Too much focus on SFV? Lack of Tasty Steve?

Which reminds me, he made a point about the whole community working to improve their public image because most outsiders lump Smash and FGC together using the same lazy stereotypes. Wonder how true that is.

Sorry, I meant that UCTV has always been good for the most part, but not spectacularly great in a long time. I really liked that they called out Capcom for what SFV really is and it's been frustrating for many people and yet this game still has momentum in the face of all these huge problems as if players like to be tortured because they love Capcom too much to not play other fighters. That and not enough Tasty Jam on the show, lol.

I think Steve might have a point there. As unfair as it is, a lot of times perception is reality and outsiders continue to make lazy generalizations. Even media coverage is lazy as fuck these days with mostly player stuff and not on the community at large.

Pretty much how I feel about "teams" in fighting games. I am just confused how it can be lucrative for the owner or players. Do they take a cut of Sonic's winnings at a NRS tourney?

usually sponsors. like intel, hyperx, corsair sponsoring other teams. Plus selling of merchandise. Navi hoodies used to go for like 80+ bucks at the valve store back when they were the top

Sorry, I meant that UCTV has always been good for the most part, but not spectacularly great in a long time. I really liked that they called out Capcom for what SFV really is and it's been frustrating for many people and yet this game still has momentum in the face of all these huge problems as if players like to be tortured because they love Capcom too much to not play other fighters. That and not enough Tasty Jam on the show, lol.

I think Steve might have a point there. As unfair as it is, a lot of times perception is reality and outsiders continue to make lazy generalizations. Even media coverage is lazy as fuck these days with mostly player stuff and not on the community at large.

dont like the episode on fart tea/milk?

CurlyW

UltraDavid made a good point that it's becoming clear that the old way of running an esports team isn't working anymore (see: EG), and meanwhile, this newer team with a big backer comes in throwing money around and takes all the marbles.

And honestly, I think Echo Fox has the correct mentality to how esports teams should work. I'm hoping they succeed.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
AKduX4i.jpg

I don't like this at all

Choco plays though I don't think I've seen her play all that much in SFV yet. She's more of the talker of the pair though and does a lot of communication and PR for them. She's his manager basically.

Makes sense, but I don't see why a manager gets billed as a member of the team alongside the players.

Anne

Makes sense, but I don't see why a manager gets billed as a member of the team alongside the players.

Purely beneficial to have her face up there with the rest of them for the sake of publicity. Momochi + Choco end up doing a lot of things together as a unit from an entertainment perspective so it just makes sense. Idk, it makes sense to me to have her in the announcement since she's a great host/entertainer as well as a player.

Is Rick Fox one of those kind of Sonic fans? You know.... the ones that write fan fiction and created fan fictions about Sonic being the president of the universe kind of fan....

Beef would like it since he's the GAF Sonic community president.
I still am jealous of your hair but gross.

crash-14

If Echo Fox has signed all this players, probably has some more inside info about what's to come for those FGs in tournaments terms and even tv deals. That or the owner really likes fighting games and doesn't care about profit (I doubt it).

Shouta

Purely beneficial to have her face up there with the rest of them for the sake of publicity. Momochi + Choco end up doing a lot of things together as a unit from an entertainment perspective so it just makes sense. Idk, it makes sense to me to have her in the announcement since she's a great host/entertainer as well as a player.

This more or less. Choco is the face of the pair and that will help Echo Fox as well. The US FGC could use more people with her general skill set and image. Closest we have would probably be like gootecks who plays but also is active as personality and educator in the scene.

Tripon

shaowebb

Anime has gone too far.

Not as far as I did on a promise to Sonicfox. Told him if he won EVO 2014 Injustice I'd do fanart of his fursona overly saturated color scheme and all.

mZdultE.jpg

God what the fuck were my brush settings? Those lines look like they were weighted in with no cleanup at all. I keep my promises though. Should've done him a solid and made him a decent pic once he 13-0-ed Perfect Legend in a FT10. That shit was golden.

I love posting stuff for folks here. This and puff puff Zero keep me smiling :)

Tripon

They probably should have put like 1% of the money they're spending for all of their players into some art
Nah man, just get NYFinest.

He'll find some random art, make his tag larger than the actual players name and claim he created it all on his own.

Beckx

nice, art

-----------------

if this were truly a just universe, the SNK PS4 ports would have been by M2

because holy shit their Battle Garegga port, wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom