• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

But isn't Beef a Smasher? Oh, I get it.
Edit: Street Fighter feeds the FGC tournament. smash is more over eating at the buffet table. They create that bloated feeling.

notworksafe

But isn't Beef a Smasher? Oh, I get it.
Edit: Street Fighter feeds the FGC tournament. smash is more over eating at the buffet table. They create that bloated feeling.

And spread disease through improper hygiene. The buffet analogy fits pretty well!

You've always been a sick man Karst. are you really surprised by the depth of your own knowledge?
I blame Shaowebb. :(

"1) How is EXVS a waifu game?"

Lunamaria alone panders to "those" guys.

:lol Voice navigators, I guess.

I dunno, it's still a 2v2 game and I don't think I could get into it because of how it operates at its core.

Well damn. Waifu game it is.

Yup, that's Koihime.

I see you're corrupted like me, Karst. You can still be normal while also accepting the waifu.
I'llneverbelikeyou.jpg

Yup, he choker against FChamp in GFs last night as well.

Though FChamp's clutch muscle flexing hard last night.
Choke after choke after choke. In terms of pure skill, Clockwork could be #1, but his nerves are his undoing. He would have dominated FChamp last night for free.

You have to download an extension on chrome. No idea if its similar on other browsers. Evilore has gone on record being against Webm.
Why?

And spread disease through improper hygiene. The buffet analogy fits pretty well!
We both know this is a general FGC issue. Even UFGT had a dude that went around sniffing people and forcing them to take showers, and that was pre-Smash.

Pokemon GO is going to be crazy in vegas during Evo.
I want pictures.

shaowebb

I blame Shaowebb. :(

Just doing my part to make certain people are aware of all the different stuff out there and what exists in it. Feels so silly everytime a more western fighter has a character come out and folks are talking "oh man thats never been done before with those moves!" when it almost always is something that was done before by ASW, French Bread, or EXAMU lol.

I'd love for a weekend where I could get a ton of non anime fighter players together to hold a competition to see who could come up with the most stuff in the lab for characters in Arcana Heart 3 Love Max. It'd just be fun to watch the reactions shift back and forth from utter disgust at the Waifu-factor to utter amazement/disgust as they discover just what kind of crazy shit is possible when you can equip as much stuff as Arcanas net you in that game.

Always fun to see folks discover first hand powerful and exciting stuff in a game they hadn't given any attention to before because the art style made em ignore it originally.

To date I still feel Minato
(basketball chan!)
from Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition and Dorothy from Arcana Heart are still the queens of making people impressed with the tech in games they wouldn't have considered before based entirely on their setups.

v1TewDk.gif

sEj43gZ.gif
iYqzEz0.gif

Someone who is fast approaching their level for setups IMO is Super Sonico from Nitroplus Blasterz

Her moveset is summon based like Minato, but unlike Minato she has another trick besides summoning attacks behind or above folks...SHE is not the source of her normal hitboxes. The horde of cats that follow her do all the attacks. That means that on jump ins she can hit you LOW while still in the air because some of her cats stay on the ground. She can position the sleeping one behind you like Ms Fortune's head and use her super to make it wakeup and wreck your shit for left rights. She has some of the hardest to read attacks and she uses summons and she's in a game where you can call two assists at the same time. Madness.

NEO0MJ

I'm sorry shaowebb but I couldn't bring myself to play a game that is both pervy and dead.

Don't forget anime fans and their love pillows. Do they even wash those after making love to it every night?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thread isn't allowed to be up until Thursday. One day before guideline applies to all. Sorry boys. In the mean time, make fun of Beef and Count.

To those going to EVO what hotel are y'all staying at? I"m stayin at the Luxor and was wondering what are the best options for transportation to the arena.

Anyone from here got a TE2+ that's going to EVO? I'd like to borrow it for a bit if at all possible. I'll also pay you & will fully cover it if anything should happen to it.

MrDaravon

Got Friday through Monday off to watch Evo (Monday as a recovery day since I'm on the east coast), pretty excited. Life has been....interesting the last few months so I've either had barely any time to play SFV, or when I have wanted to play it hasn't been an option physically and I really wasn't getting to catch tournaments or keep up with this thread at all. Started getting back into it a bit here and there in the last couple weeks though, and finally was able to watch tournaments again with CEO which got me pretty hyped for SFV. Definitely looking forward to it, worried it's going to be a shitshow organization-wise (although I'm sure it's going to be way worse for people there in person in that regard) but it will be interesting to watch, and Sunday should be pretty smooth at least time permitting.

Mostly looking forward to SFV, normally I'd catch Smash and Marvel when I can, but since SFV will literally be on stream all day Friday and Saturday I'll probably have to catch archives on those.

For those who want to watch SFV top 8 and have Cable, will you be watching the stream and have your TV on ESPN2? Just wondering because that's what I'm doing and I hope everybody else does it as well. I just want this to be as big of a success as possible. As for which I'd actually be paying attention to. I'd prefer to watch on my TV but it will just depend which one is further ahead.

For those who want to watch SFV top 8 and have Cable, will you be watching the stream and have your TV on ESPN2? Just wondering because that's what I'm doing and I hope everybody else does it as well. I just want this to be as big of a success as possible. As for which I'd actually be paying attention to. I'd prefer to watch on my TV but it will just depend which one is further ahead.

Is it confirmed what is going to be on ESPN2? The same exact thing that is going to be on the twitch stream? Will everybody get higher quality cameras?

Zackat

yep. I think this will hit harder than Heroes of the Storm did for sure. Fighting games are fun to watch and easy to understand for a new spectator. I will probably just mute it on my TV and watch it on PC.

Also tweeting makes a big difference nowadays, as if I have to explain. I hope you guys are ready for the twitter salt (it's delicious) about video games being on ESPN like when HotS was.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If anybody needs me to add any misc stuff to the thread, like GB's typical buffet and orgy, PM me. Thread goes up Thursday.

Thread isn't allowed to be up until Thursday. One day before guideline applies to all. Sorry boys. In the mean time, make fun of Beef and Count.

That's weird, the Superbowl thread goes up the week of the Superbowl. This is essentially the Superbowl of fighting games.

Pretty much what im gonna be doing.

I do wish the thread could go up early but eh what can you do.

What the fuck. I haven't kept up with the FGC but we made to ESPN?

Lemstar

There are those of us like myself that wants to see more than just the big named games such as Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct & the Smash Bros. games.
I mean, do you go out of your way to watch other games when they aren't linked here? It's not hard to find resources if you're really curious.

Also, I think the only time Killer Instinct gets brought up in this thread is when it's getting shit on, so I don't know what's that about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom