• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

monster waifus maybe?

Legit one of my favorite FG characters of all time:

7Uyk6CD.png

shaowebb

Its the aesthetic more than the gameplay for some. Not everyone is all about gameplay no matter the aesthetic. If so you'd see more waifu fighter presence IMO. Damned fine stuff been happening with gameplay in anime titles but if its not an aesthetic that jives with ya then what can you do?

Monsters that fight each other is a helluva awesome aesthetic. KI quenches that thirst really well if the aesthetic was what captured your heart in Darkstalkers. KI puts on a really really good visual show using those themes. Its the only thing that makes me look at an Xbox One honestly.

Kumubou

Might as well farm out the DS license to ArcSys at this point.
I'm pretty sure that ArcSys would turn this down on their end, between their own projects, how bad Capcom has been to work with historically and how ArcSys staff have responded to this question in the past.

There's a 0% chance of a developer getting the look and feel right nowadays anyway.

Apparently nobody shares my desire for an NRS Darkstalkers. At last, I'm in good company, brother!
The only idea worse than this is an NRS-developed Arcana Heart.

vg260

KI quenched that Darkstalkers thirst by playing nothing like it? Interesting.

Yes. The theme is what interested me in Darkstalkers primarily.

There wasn't anything particular in the gameplay itself that made me regard it higher than any of the other games at the time. It was the overall aesthetic and presentation I loved and it played SF-like enough for me to enjoy it.

KI hits a lot of the notes in terms of monster design I like, and having grown a little less fond of Darkstalkers anime style, it scratches the itch.

Village

Marvel this mahvel that

where's the thirst for a new DankStalkers?
I feel like designs sell a fighting game, Dark stalkers designs aren't... that strong to be quite honest. They wanted to do this monster thing, and while the stages came out great the characters just came out way too separate and weird. Skull girls as much as I will throw criticize at it for having a lot of designs that would work way better if you made them less sexual is still kind of coherent in whatever the vision that had was. Dark stalkers is all over the place, i don't feel on a design aspect sticks in the memories of people.

Tbh I think I think the new killer instinct is a better everything Dark Stalkers ever tried to do in the entirety of its life.

Salex_

Under Night In-Birth PC unlocks in 4 hours. Anyone else looking forward to it? I've always wanted to play this game but I didn't have my ps3 any more.

The response seems pretty quiet compared to the recent PC anime fighters. No new dustloop posts since the release date and the GAF thread disappeared instantly lol. I'm worried it might have these kind of numbers
http://steamcharts.com/app/370460

Kumubou

Under Night In-Birth PC unlocks in 4 hours. Anyone else looking forward to it? I've always wanted to play this game but I didn't have my ps3 any more.

The response seems pretty quiet compared to the recent PC anime fighters. No new dustloop posts since the release date and the GAF thread disappeared instantly lol. I'm worried it might have these kind of numbers
http://steamcharts.com/app/370460
It's a late release of an outdated version of a game that has trash netcode and off-brand waifus. The fact that the release is getting no buzz shouldn't be a surprise.

Speaking for myself, I already have two copies of UNIEL and sure as hell do not need a third.

I feel like designs sell a fighting game, Dark stalkers designs aren't... that strong to be quite honest. They wanted to do this monster thing, and while the stages came out great the characters just came out way too separate and weird. Skull girls as much as I will throw criticize at it for having a lot of designs that would work way better if you made them less sexual is still kind of coherent in whatever the vision that had was. Dark stalkers is all over the place, i don't feel on a design aspect sticks in the memories of people.

Tbh I think I think the new killer instinct is a better everything Dark Stalkers ever tried to do in the entirety of its life.

nah

Warxard

Banned
Instinct Meter is an obvious take away from VSav's sure but KI plays like...you know, SF+KI2. Nothing like VSav

VSav is my top five fighting games easily tho, love that game.

Put Q-Bee in a new game pls

Instinct Meter is an obvious take away from VSav's sure but KI plays like...you know, SF+KI2. Nothing like VSav

VSav is my top five fighting games easily tho, love that game.

Put Q-Bee in a new game pls

im torn on this after GAF revealed the truth about Qbee to me

Village

Indivisible is a giant ass example of those guy's pumping out way better designs than Skulgirls, and a lot of those designs being way less sexualized. I would pay infinite non stop dollars to play a fighting game with every character in that game, and even the characters who are kind of sexy in that game are just better designed.

Skull girls designs to me at least feel like they weren't serialized at all, and they were made sexy after the fact and it didn't work for alot of them. Along the kind of incoherent mesh of themes going on in that game. Did not gel for me , at all.

What the fuck is this lmfao

I have had more fun with killer instinct than every dark stalkers game I have ever tried to play in my life. And i' one of the 12 smucks who supported the re-release that no one else bought, because I like fighting games and want more fighting games to exist.

But down to design, themeing, music, gameplay, characters everything Killer instinct to me is vastly more enjoyable product in every facet of dark stalkers. Capcom is cool and and all, but a fighting game that came out in this generation is better than one that came out in the90's.

How is that strange sentiment?

Killer inistct should be a better version of all that, that means as a that concept in this genre we love so much its evolved and become greater than it has before. And I'm not in the interest of pretending old capcom fighting games are better because capcom , because they aren't. People learned from the past and made an product that is better than the many ... MANY monster mash fighting game predictors in its past. Killer instinct is made by some very smart people who have come with some very creative ways to play some fighting game characters, and I much enjoy those characters, particularly in the design department more than everything dark stalkers has done in the entierty of its life. Its cast is a cacophonous mishmash of monster mash tropes with almost no coherent theming and almost nothing memorable.

And no one, does because its dead.

mbpm1

Indivisible is a giant ass example of those guy's pumping out way better designs than Skulgirls, and a lot of those designs being way less sexualized. I would pay infinite non stop dollars to play a fighting game with every character in that game, and even the characters who are kind of sexy in that game are just better designed.

Skull girls designs to me at least feel like they weren't serialized at all, and they were made sexy after the fact and it didn't work for alot of them. Along the kind of incoherent mesh of themes going on in that game. Did not gel for me , at all.

I have had more fun with killer instinct than every dark stalkers game I have ever tried to play in my life. And i' one of the 12 smucks who supported the re-release that no one else bought, because I like fighting games and want more fighting games to exist.

But down to design, themeing, music, gameplay, characters everything Killer instinct to me is vastly more enjoyable product in every facet of dark stalkers. Capcom is cool and and all, but a fighting game that came out in this generation is better than one that came out in the90's.

Killer inistct should be a better version of all that, that means as a that concept in this genre we love so much its evolved and become greater than it has before. And I'm not in the interest of pretending old capcom fighting games are better because capcom , because they aren't. People learned from the past and made an product that is better than the many ... MANY monster mash fighting game predictors in its past.

They're nothing alike. It's like comparing Tetris to Minesweeper

Skilletor

Eh...thinking something is better because it is new definitely a strange sentiment, and not one I agree with at all.

That and they play nothing at all alike. I wouldn't bother comparing them. I don't get the things I want from VS in KI.

Numb

Legit one of my favorite FG characters of all time:

7Uyk6CD.png
truth
even with the super ugly models

let's hope thse designs are put in use in alot of places and not just left there

shaowebb

That story is Fox not Disney. Fox is making a show not Disney making a comic or game or film using mutants. That is what folks mean by mutant ban. Fox can do what they like with Xmen and Mutants because they got the media rights to most. To make a Marvel game would involve Disney, Fox and possibly a few others depending on who they wanted to use. Anything done would require gaining approval from the respective property owners in how they represented the characters used in the licenses. Thats a touchy thing because unless the Fox and Disney properties ( or whatever property owners come into play) never actually interact in story then its likely the two companies would butt their heads together over whose properties were coming out stronger looking or weaker in the game and story.

There are concerns all over with this sort of thing, but honestly its more possible now than it has been in a long while. Not very possible...but more so given Disney acknowledging the VS fans and with them licensing the product again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom