• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

On VSav, I'll just settle on the recent collection to be ported to PS4/XB1 and PC.

Some games aren't meant for mass appeal. Some games should stay as part of the niche area that they can thrive in.

Yeah, it's the fate of some fighters unfortunately.

=/

Dahbomb

Dante Vergil Doom and Magneto are probably the best designed characters in Marvel.
Vergil is too well designed. By that I mean he is too faithfully adapted from the source material where he's the FINAL boss character and he takes a lot of liberties for being such.

Doom and Magneto use largely the same moveset they have always done. Doom's moveset is extremely boring, same Photon Shots, Plasma Beam and Rocks. They gave him a dash cancelable normals at least. Magneto got the Gravitation movie in UMVC3 but otherwise he has had the same movesets since ever. Magneto doesn't really play like you would imagine Magneto playing as. Both of these characters play fine within the VS series and they are in fact the core archetype of the VS series but they need some updating (especially Iron Man and Storm).

Dante is A+++ designed character though. MODOK, Hawkeye and Dormammu as well. I really like Strider as well even if they went too overboard with the pixie character archetype again. And honestly they did a good job designing Zero too but like the DMC characters they went overboard and didn't balance him properly.

Instead they have a live pre evo show at vegas on thursday for losers who want to pay 10 bucks
That is lame as hell.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Honestly, what the hell was the point of having Hsien-Ko in Marvel anyway?

She was completely useless and hardly did any meaningful damage.

She lacked so many tools that other characters had so easily. I'd understand why she missed out on useful OTGs or proper momentum on her air cancels if UMVC was a game where some characters weren't give EVERYTHING on their own, but.. err.. Dante and Doom are outside my door, I have to stop talking now...

trolling the Hsien-Ko fanbase

I was so hype when I saw her trailer, too. And then Playing... *sigh*

You could make literally any character suck on paper no matter how good they were before. Eighting lobotomized her and it's not her fault. No pendulum cancels, no ground shockwave on Tenrai-Ha and no forward or backward momentum on air dash cancelled normals. Her transition to Marvel vs Capcom 3 has to be one of the worst transitions any character has made in any modern fighting game. It was worse Ryu without his Tatsu, Chun Li without lighting legs or Zangief without his SPD/Green Hand. I made a name for myself around minions in here for my opinions on her (probably might be brought up sooner or later), but it's been a while and looking at this with a clear head I think they'd agree with me on this. Vampire Savior is proto Mahvel and they took a character with most of the necessary tools built into her gameplan 19 years ago and took them OUT for a modern Mahvel. No wonder she is booty butt cheeks.

I couldn't appreciate how technical... any of DS was back when I used to play it on Saturn and the arcades, but I went through a lot of emulated play after her announcement to try and foster the skills to play her as she used to be, in Mehvil... and it was basically all for nothing, lol. *I'm sure you and I both wrote pages about her in the old UMVC3 thread*

I still appreciate what I learned whenever I get to sit down with crazy DS players at an actual cabinet at an anime convention or such now. And it's still amazing how much stuff she has that would have instantly worked in Mehvil. The poor job at adapting her pretty much soured up mu opinion on Capcom fighters quite a lot going forward from there. The only bright side is that I don't think I've felt nearly as betrayed by any character design in any fighter since then.

Neoxon

Vergil is too well designed. By that I mean he is too faithfully adapted from the source material where he's the FINAL boss character and he takes a lot of liberties for being such.

Doom and Magneto use largely the same moveset they have always done. Doom's moveset is extremely boring, same Photon Shots, Plasma Beam and Rocks. They gave him a dash cancelable normals at least. Magneto got the Gravitation movie in UMVC3 but otherwise he has had the same movesets since ever. Magneto doesn't really play like you would imagine Magneto playing as. Both of these characters play fine within the VS series and they are in fact the core archetype of the VS series but they need some updating (especially Iron Man and Storm).

Dante is A+++ designed character though. MODOK, Hawkeye and Dormammu as well. I really like Strider as well even if they went too overboard with the pixie character archetype again. And honestly they did a good job designing Zero too but like the DMC characters they went overboard and didn't balance him properly.

That is lame as hell.
You think they'll give Dante & Vergil some of their DMC4 abilities if MvC4 were to happen? If so, what would they get (I'd be curious to see if they could work Vergil's Concentration meter into a fighting game)?

vg260

KI is so alien to normal fighting game meta that I'd put it as an outlier like Pokken, NRS stuff, and Gundam Fullboost.

I love everything in terms of cast, visual and sound design, etc. It's like it was made for me. However, I'd love to see this game without the KI combo system, and something more standard. It's because of the everything else that I put up with the combo system.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
With SFV down for maintenance I decided to pop in Capcom Fighting Evolution for giggles. Oh man. Oh man...

Line_HTX

She lacked so many tools that other characters had so easily. I'd understand why she missed out on useful OTGs or proper momentum on her air cancels if UMVC was a game where some characters weren't give EVERYTHING on their own, but.. err.. Dante and Doom are outside my door, I have to stop talking now...

*Music of MF Doom gets closer and louder

Dahbomb

You think they'll give Dante & Vergil some of their DMC4 abilities if MvC4 were to happen? If so, what would they get (I'd be curious to see if they could work Vergil's Concentration meter into a fighting game)?
Give Vergil some of his DMC4 juice...

laughing-my-ass-off.gif

Let's see the mechanics he got in DMC4SE:

*Just about everything teleport cancellable. So he can teleport cancel his Rapid Slash now or better yet he can go straight into a rising launcher from a Rapid Slash now.
*New Sword Formation that locks opponents in upon hit (literally pinned down).
*In Devil Trigger his dodges become teleport dashes (so in game that would be like whenever he dashes it would be a teleport phase like Bison in SFV only way way faster).
*Concentration/Motivation meter increases his range and damage. You guys thought his hitboxes were crazy in UMVC3, with max Concentration aka "Motivation" he has literal phantom hitboxes, starts having moves with multiple hits (yes Helm Breaker would be a double hit and will break armor) and he has more damage.
*Just Release mechanics on his Beowulf attacks that can be charged for massive damage.
*Can cancel Stinger into either Teleport or Million Stabs so he can make that safe now too.
*Can now use Lunar Phase and Stinger in the air.
*New super that's more powerful than his current one, does big damage and he has hyper armor on activation.
*Has new moves like a relaunch in the air, Million Slash (that covers a huge part of the screen) and
*Judgment Cut has a perfect version (like EWGF) which is much faster, has better hit stun and better recovery. You can't put something like that in a fighting game because Vergil would zone better than other zoners. Can be used in the air also.
*His taunt juggles (so even his taunt is OP).
*Has a Dragon punch now.

giphy.gif

(very mild example)

If DMC3SE Vergil was a boss character... then DMC4SE Vergil is a GOD character.

I mean sure you could put DMC4SE Vergil in and greatly nerf him.

Line_HTX

I know that the entire 3 hour block on ESPN 2 is for SFV, but man, I hope they have highlights of either Tekken 7 FR or XRD Revelator. That Woshige premature fuckup was so good last year, putting that whole sequence onto Sportsnation of all places, lmao

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Would be funny to see a SF character win Tekken.

Four for Smash 4 and five for Melee and we're good otherwise I'll randomly pick names.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks.

Pretty much done. Just need twitch emote stuff from the Illuminati themselves and were good. If anyone needs me to add anything PM me.

petghost

Banned
i personally would take a new vampire/darkstalkers game and be quite happy even if it was watered down in all the ways i'd expect it to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom