• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, they started the whole company.

Arc exists since 1988 and was founded by Kidooka and others that all came from Sega where they worked on the Master System ancestor. Those rumors about Ishiwatari coming from SNK or Arc being a company of ex-capcom guys is nonsense.

Neoxon

Tripon already posted that Fox are partnering with Marvel for a TV series.

Yeah son you about to look pretty silly with all the Marvel ban talk.
We're not out of the woods, yet. The TV deal has been a thing for a year now, about as long as the ban has been active.

And I wouldn't look silly because the feud has been mainly between Perlmutter & Fox. Feige broke away from Perlmutter not too long ago.

ShinMaruku

Don't forget Dormammu as well.
He's a goddamn Guilty Gear character. So he is indeed superbly designed

Give Vergil some of his DMC4 juice...

laughing-my-ass-off.gif

Let's see the mechanics he got in DMC4SE:

*Just about everything teleport cancellable. So he can teleport cancel his Rapid Slash now or better yet he can go straight into a rising launcher from a Rapid Slash now.
*New Sword Formation that locks opponents in upon hit (literally pinned down).
*In Devil Trigger his dodges become teleport dashes (so in game that would be like whenever he dashes it would be a teleport phase like Bison in SFV only way way faster).
*Concentration/Motivation meter increases his range and damage. You guys thought his hitboxes were crazy in UMVC3, with max Concentration aka "Motivation" he has literal phantom hitboxes, starts having moves with multiple hits (yes Helm Breaker would be a double hit and will break armor) and he has more damage.
*Just Release mechanics on his Beowulf attacks that can be charged for massive damage.
*Can cancel Stinger into either Teleport or Million Stabs so he can make that safe now too.
*Can now use Lunar Phase and Stinger in the air.
*New super that's more powerful than his current one, does big damage and he has hyper armor on activation.
*Has new moves like a relaunch in the air, Million Slash (that covers a huge part of the screen) and
*Judgment Cut has a perfect version (like EWGF) which is much faster, has better hit stun and better recovery. You can't put something like that in a fighting game because Vergil would zone better than other zoners. Can be used in the air also.
*His taunt juggles (so even his taunt is OP).
*Has a Dragon punch now.

giphy.gif

(very mild example)

If DMC3SE Vergil was a boss character... then DMC4SE Vergil is a GOD character.

I mean sure you could put DMC4SE Vergil in and greatly nerf him.
We have somebody like DMC4 Vergil ina fighting game, they call him Johnny.
resized_a55f42d6a6cd0e29e992ba877bdf4bc7.jpg

We have somebody like DMC4 Vergil in a fighting game, they call him Johnny.

I can't agree with that. The only thing Johnny and Vergil have in common is that they use an iai-jutsu fighting style with their katanas.

Other than that, NO differences. You ain't going to see stuff like that DMC4 gif done with Johnny.

ShinMaruku

I can't agree with that. The only thing Johnny and Vergil have in common is that they use an iai-jutsu fighting style with their katanas.

Other than that, NO differences. You ain't going to see stuff like that DMC4 gif done with Johnny.

I mean Johnny is goddamn broken. Thanks to his stupid ass glitch. Also they use Iyado in the movelists and they swag as hell. :p

Kumubou

Esports wise.
The one country where I could see that happening is Korea, due to how little play SF gets out there and the relative level of competition Tekken gets. A PC release should also help, although the game is probably too demanding to run on most PC cafe computers. Even then I don't see the gaming making a real debt in anything unless Namco decides to give it a big push.

In other parts of the world, there's no real chance otherwise outside of an unlikely resurgence in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom