• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

I wonder what are the odds of any top players not making it out of pools. With the vast amount of players there has to be someone with their number that they weren't expecting.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I wonder what are the odds of any top players not making it out of pools. With the vast amount of players there has to be someone with their number that they weren't expecting.

In a tournament of 5000 people there are absolutely going to be some upsets.

If an European can win EVO by playing a rare character and getting a bunch of super fortunate matchups in top 8, then there's no reason an American can't do it too

It's like the MvC4 of tournament results. As long as it's possible then it's inevitable.

Line_HTX

All the people that suck started posting more

I try not to suck, thank you. And more people posting here is better.

Ask Akuma

Cm7Smi7VYAASc-R.jpg_orig.jpg

He never looked happier

Would you Isshin Sengeki in that outfit? :p

This card isn't too bad.

Kumubou

If an European can win EVO by playing a rare character and getting a bunch of super fortunate matchups in top 8, then there's no reason an American can't do it too

It's like the MvC4 of tournament results. As long as it's possible then it's inevitable.
In the long run, yes an American would probably win SF due to a combination of skill and luck. The problem is that the long run is longer than all of us and none of us (or Evo or Capcom or the solar system) will last long enough for that to happen.

galvenize

Except Sagat, what were the super fortunate matchups you talk of?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I haven't watched [SFV] tournaments regularly in so long, I'm so out of the loop with who is good and who isn't. So I'm just going to go ahead and say Viscant will win SFV at EVO 2016.

I predict Infiltration to win over... Fuudo!

I think the numbers catch up to Tokido and he gets taken out before GF. He's played amazing this year but has to had to squeeze out some close matches and make some runs in losers to make these grand finals at times. Whereas Infiltration it seems never goes to losers and hardly breaks a sweat on his way to GF. Like at CEO he beats Momochi and GO1 totally free in semis. It's pretty much been like that throughout the tour. That's a guy ready to get through 5,000 players.

I haven't watched [SFV] tournaments regularly in so long, I'm so out of the loop with who is good and who isn't. So I'm just going to go ahead and say Viscant will win SFV at EVO 2016.

Of the 6 premiere tournies so far, the winners have been Infiltration, Infiltration, Momochi, Phenom, Tokido, and Xaio Hai.

Justin has won most American CPT events and is pretty much America's top player (though he struggled in top 32 at CEO).

Just a few other really good notables are Xian, Haitani, Fuudo, Mago, Go1, Nuckledu, and FlashMetroid. Just a few I felt like mentioning but there's obviously a lot of killers.

As for the players who are struggling, most notably Snake Eyes who's been going through a character crisis and is struggling to even make it past Top 32, and Poongko, tho admittedly he's been getting significantly better after knocking out Bonchan and Haitani and barely missing Top 8 at G-league.

Oh and America is still free to Asia.

Same here. Just hoping for a
Ryu,, Ken, Gief or Balrog
player to win

Lulubop

Speaking of Justin making top 8, r/kappa is on some conspiracy theory shit because his road seems much easier than top Asian players

NEO0MJ

Oi, wrote a bit about the big Japanese GG people coming to Evo: http://www.redbull.com/us/en/esports/stories/1331805993593/the-japanese-guilty-gear-gods-at-evo-2016

@Kadey, I dunno if it's okay to plug my stuff but you could def put it under "GG notables" if people wanted to know more about the Japanese coming. I'll also be at home working on the Redbull site with info I get from the Evo floor. I'll try to post stuff in the Evo thread as I get it.

Any notable Japanese players showing up for games other than this and SFV?

Oi, wrote a bit about the big Japanese GG people coming to Evo: http://www.redbull.com/us/en/esports/stories/1331805993593/the-japanese-guilty-gear-gods-at-evo-2016

@Kadey, I dunno if it's okay to plug my stuff but you could def put it under "GG notables" if people wanted to know more about the Japanese coming. I'll also be at home working on the Redbull site with info I get from the Evo floor. I'll try to post stuff in the Evo thread as I get it.

Excellent write up. Guilty Gear is gonna be so good to watch this year, especially Top 8.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Mai's tits aren't even that big

I always knew you were fake Shin smh

should've put Blue Mary in DOA smh

I read that as Marn's tits aren't that big. I need sleep.

Oi, wrote a bit about the big Japanese GG people coming to Evo: http://www.redbull.com/us/en/esports...ds-at-evo-2016

No problem. Any EVO related info can be added.

Thread will be up as soon as it hits Thursday here. Meaning T minus 8 hours or so.

Line_HTX

Who is the best Elphelt and Jack-O player in this field to look out for?

No problem. Any EVO related info can be added.

Thread will be up as soon as it hits Thursday here. Meaning T minus 8 hours or so.

Midnight ET?

NEO0MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom