• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ghost of Marvel 2 is the ethereal embodyment of Marvel vs. Capcom 2. It originally appeared during the Clockwork vs. Neo Money Match at West Coast Warzone 3. It once again manifested after Chris G fufilled the prophecy & became UMVC3 Champion. The Ghost seeks to battle the greatest UMVC3 player of all time to prove once & for all that Marvel 2 is the greatest game of all time. Only then may it once again rest in peace.

Can't wait for the ghost to take control of Sanford's body for a MM against ChrisG.

Horseress

The Ghost of Marvel 2 is the ethereal embodyment of Marvel vs. Capcom 2. It originally appeared during the Clockwork vs. Neo Money Match at West Coast Warzone 3. It once again manifested after Chris G fufilled the prophecy & became UMVC3 Champion. The Ghost seeks to battle the greatest UMVC3 player of all time to prove once & for all that Marvel 2 is the greatest game of all time. Only then may it once again rest in peace.

beautiful

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Chris G is Ryu and that guy is Necalli. He just wants a piece of Chris G. But Chris G finally let go of his Dark Hadou.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
i think it's nice to have a long break. every sport needs one

It is not a sport. And Esports plays like all the time. It's like with baseball. The reason the season is so long because it's not as physical of an activity like football and basketball.

shaowebb

Guy ran up to ChrisG and challenged him to a money match for $15 after ChrisG won EVO.

Fifteen ENTIRE DOLLARS. XD
Take this dudes lunchmoney Chris G.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210655467]I have no idea what I'm doing.

pYDjnQ.gif

I can end this in the dash hit throw but the oki seems terrible. The rekkas have weird juggles that don't seem to finish. The DP is ok I guess.

Game definitely feels weird but I could be remembering XIII wrong. I didn't play it a ton to begin with and I only really used Yuri, Kim and the dhalsim dude.[/QUOTE]

Go for another double front kick after the first one. He can generally just string those together a bunch and see if you can get enough bar to end in his fire super. Might require his AA fire stuff though. Can't remember if it works outside the corner cuz I'm rusty as fuck. Does a shitload of damage.

Line_HTX

Yeah, there's really no off-season of sorts when you can just either play casually or keep labbing in Training Mode to find new things.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think soccer players are the only ones that hardly get a break, especially this year with all the major tournaments. It's almost as if they were playing year round.

I just want NFL to start or Capcom Cup to start. I have a bad feeling that Juri will be the only "good" DLC character. Rog doesn't have a reversal and I am afraid they will make Urien only strong in v trigger mode like how Ibuki is right now.

CurlyW

Yeah, there's really no off-season of sorts when you can just either play casually or keep labbing in Training Mode to find new things.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think soccer players are the only ones that hardly get a break, especially this year with all the major tournaments. It's almost as if they were playing year round.

Most soccer players get breaks because (a) most players aren't called up to the national teams for tournaments that play in June and July, and (b) the players that are called up usually then sit out the preseason exhibition matches that their clubs play in July and August. Most soccer players on European league schedules usually get 2 months off in the summer, plus another month off over the winter holidays. For players in MLS, they get like 4 months off during the winter.

Line_HTX

Juri will be bad too

Infiltration will find a way. He almost won USF4 with Juri!

Most soccer players get breaks because (a) most players aren't called up to the national teams for tournaments that play in June and July, and (b) the players that are called up usually then sit out the preseason exhibition matches that their clubs play in July and August. Most soccer players on European league schedules usually get 2 months off in the summer, plus another month off over the winter holidays. For players in MLS, they get like 4 months off during the winter.

Ahh, OK. That makes more sense. I was afraid they would get less time off than baseball players even though it's more demanding physically running up and down the field for 90 minutes.

CurlyW

Ahh, OK. That makes more sense. I was afraid they would get less time off than baseball players even though it's more demanding physically running up and down the field for 90 minutes.

Yeah, but soccer teams only play 1-2 matches a week, whereas baseball teams play 6-7 games a week.

Kumubou

Honestly, if the netcode is as good as Guilty Gear Xrd or Tekken Tag 2, then I'll be happy. Delay based netcode can still be good, to some extent.
TTT2 isn't a straight delay-based implementation, and if you think Xrd's online modes are good... it really isn't. Anything with strict timing or trying to react to mixups basically goes completely out the window.

You really can't have a good online implementation without having some kind of asynchronous system in place.

I'm not sure if players would feel the same about post-evo lull. Having a small break in the "season" is a good thing.

Yeah some of the players who travel a ton like Justin or Infiltration will probably really enjoy a month or so off. As a viewer the lack of big events until ECT or TGS is sort of a bummer.

Sayad

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210655467]I have no idea what I'm doing.

pYDjnQ.gif

I can end this in the dash hit throw but the oki seems terrible. The rekkas have weird juggles that don't seem to finish. The DP is ok I guess.

Game definitely feels weird but I could be remembering XIII wrong. I didn't play it a ton to begin with and I only really used Yuri, Kim and the dhalsim dude.[/QUOTE]
Use the back flip kick special move for better oki.

Biggest difference in "feel" from XIII is that proximity normals are back, so now far attacks aren't special cancel-able, you want a combo? You have to get it.

I played the KOF demo earlier today. It felt off to me. I'm going to play some more when I get off work tonight though. I was in a rush earlier.

Damn. Infiltration overcoming Fuudo's Mika mixups was amazing. What incredible adaptation. He's said in the past that Mika is his weakness and he can't stand fighting her so overcoming that makes the GFs even better.

High level KOF14 will probably involve lots of hitconfirming into quick max modes or using it to continue pressure. For example, look at fast Shunei's far st.C is, it can combo into itself, you can max mode cancel it into a combo. Ex fan for mai is extremely interesting, because it's like Anji's butterfly from GG, once it hits the opponent the fan flips up and falls down on the opponent again, which allows her an opportunity for pressure. I think it is interesting since raw max modes have more potential for damage and utilizing ex moves in neutral situations, while the quick max mode allows for confirms from pokes. Since there is only one meter to manage in this game and since it's easier to build than a whole bar of HD in KOF13, I think we will see many practical uses of Max Mode.

Xevren

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210667833]Something like this?

J6n959.gif
[/QUOTE]

Its a start. Instead of that dp use ex dp. Shunei with bar is absolutely ridiculous. Can follow up ex dp with hard dp, then light dp and super after it in the corner if desired. Or drop the light to stay in max so you won't have to spend an extra bar on the ex super.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
First time posting in this thread. Was just wondering what everyone thought of Pokken Tournament from a competitive standpoint. I already do Sm4sh and SF5 but I'd like to have another game under my belt.

It's really either this or KOF (not huge on Guilty Gear competitively. Just seems too much when I've already got 2 on the go)

Slaythe

Honestly, if the netcode is as good as Guilty Gear Xrd or Tekken Tag 2, then I'll be happy. Delay based netcode can still be good, to some extent.

I mean, both games have better netcode than SFV.

I'll take delay based netcode over bad rollback one for sure.

I want it to be at least as good as KOF 13 steam netcode though. If it's anything like ps3 KOF 13 they might as well close the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom