• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CO_Andy

If MvC3 was broadcasted on ESPN, do y'all think it would of gotten more viewers than SFV?

Infil is the only consistent SFV player. He will dominate for a long time. This game was built for him.
Nash and Chun are on the short list to get nerfed. It'll be interesting to see how he'll fair in the future.

Kumubou

do they want to do 3/5 smash the whole tournament?
Sure -- and everyone gets a pet unicorn too.

Although I suspect you could do 3/5 for the Smash games in ~3 hours for top 8 if you give players time to setup controls on the tourney setup before top 8 (for SSB4), have character selection and stage striking for game 1 done off-stage before the set starts and have a separate setup for the players on deck to warm up with. You would also need to strictly enforce time between games (so no more 15 minute bathroom breaks between games). Personally, I would like to see 3/5 for top 8 of all of the games while having having some of the smaller games wrapped up Friday night (and let's be honest, Friday evening is a much better timeslot than 8 AM on Saturday morning).

Also worth noting from that thread, regarding making Evo a four day event:

There is almost no chance of a 4 day event. Having a 4 day event greatly complicates booking as you prevent the venue from booking other events from mon-wed the previous week. It's also asking everyone who wants to go to take another day off work, which is challenging for many. We would like to remain a 3-day event for the time being.

Personally, I can tell you that after two days of dealing with Animevo stuff from 8 AM to 11 PM at the event I wanted to go hide under a rock. A third day would just be brutal.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Infiltration is a three time EVO champion. The only player to make top 8 every year since SFIV came out. Has the most tournament wins. Safe to say he's the best SF player in the modern era.

UltraChenTV does audio archive.

Where can I download it? Edit, oh nevermind they're on itunes. Awesome, thanks!

I really like The Jump-In Podcast. They haven't recorded one in a few weeks though. I guess it's hard to get their schedules to match due to their geographical differences. But that's what I love about the podcast. The hosts are Logansama (UK), ShadyK (USA), and Kim1234 (Japan).
https://itunes.apple.com/nz/podcast/jump-in-street-fighter-podcast/id1090286985?mt=2

Greatly agree. I listened to their latest and it was great! Too bad they stalled though, can't wait for more recent stuff.

Tripon

okpvk2I.png

You know your laptop is trash when you run SFV in low spec mode and it still plays a 15 fps at random times.

----

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column-130293.html

Oichi's writing Street Fighter lore. Here's a story about Karin at the beach.

Infiltration is a three time EVO champion. The only player to make top 8 every year since SFIV came out. Has the most tournament wins. Safe to say he's the best SF player in the modern era.

4 time champion.

SF IV in 2012
SXT in 2012
SXT in 2013
SFV in 2016

mbpm1

imagine the ghost of marvel 2 incident happening on espn2 lol

Would up the ratings

The Topanga boys will probably invite Infil back so they can have their way with him in long sets.

Ah,, but it would be Infil who would have his way with them

Soon as I heard he had a teleport I knew this would happen

Akuma has too many of the tools that made him good in SF transferring over in addition to getting stuff that makes him good in tekken.

pixelish

He didn't make top 8 in 2011 and 2014.

To me Infiltration was only better than Daigo in 2012 and 2013 for SF. Daigo had the edge in 2014 and 2015. Infiltration is better in 2016.

However, once you include SFxT, then yeah Infil has been the best.

The solution is to give Saturday finals the same amount of prestige and gravitas as Sunday finals do. The olympics don't care what day a particular event ends on, all of them are treated equally.

CurlyW

The Melee community doesn't want or expect 3/5 for the entire tournament, but they do want it for all of Top 8 at the very minimum, and preferably for all of Top 32.

The Smash 4 community isn't quite as vocal for 3/5 sets for Top 8 or Top 32, although ZeRo is on the side of more long sets. However, if you make Melee Top 8 all 3/5 sets, then you really should do the same for Smash 4. It's only fair.

MKX community wants 3/5 sets throughout the tournament, not just Top 8. They might settle for 2/3 in Round 1 pools and 3/5 after. And honestly, MKX might just be a fast enough game to pull it off, even at EVO.

4 time EVO champ, as 16 Bit said. Also made four top 3s at EVO for SFIV. Nobody else had more than two.

Spuck-uk

Banned
The Melee community doesn't want or expect 3/5 for the entire tournament, but they do want it for all of Top 8 at the very minimum, and preferably for all of Top 32.

The Smash 4 community isn't quite as vocal for 3/5 sets for Top 8 or Top 32, although ZeRo is on the side of more long sets. However, if you make Melee Top 8 all 3/5 sets, then you really should do the same for Smash 4. It's only fair.

MKX community wants 3/5 sets throughout the tournament, not just Top 8. They might settle for 2/3 in Round 1 pools and 3/5 after. And honestly, MKX might just be a fast enough game to pull it off, even at EVO.

This won't happen because of time constraints, unless they move both smash games to Saturday finals, which would make most of the FGC very happy.

Tonpy's mother told Tonpy that on tv, Umezawa, this guy who is good at gaming, goes on walks when he starts losing. She suggested that because he's fat he should diet and go on those long walks.

Tonpy responded with "shut up. Who is Umezawa? It's Umehara."

Tripon

Tonpy's mother told Tonpy that on tv, Umezawa, this guy who is good at gaming, goes on walks when he starts losing. She suggested that because he's fat he should diet and go on those long walks.

Haha. Losing weight isn't a bad thing though. These tourneys are marathons at this point.

pizzacat

Banned
God, fuck that moment forever because of what it did to create this superteam bullshit today.
That movement of today started with the Celtics imo and there has been super team movements before.

This year is going to be 💤💤💤💤 unless warriors lose again

mbpm1

Umezawa for Capcom Cup

Line_HTX

Hey Mr. Owl, how many EVO's does it take to be the GOAT on the whole planet?

Let's find out. Ah one. Ah two-hoo~ Ah three. Three EVO wins.

That movement of today started with the Celtics imo and there has been super team movements before.

This year is going to be �������� unless warriors lose again

Yeah, I want a meteor on the NBA season. Fuck them. I hope ratings tank like hell.

I ran the results for the EVO fantasy game. Most of the teams were NeoGAFers so I'll post the results here and if you want to see what peoples' teams were, you can go to the web site - fantasyfgc.com

The main trend I saw was, Fuudo helped a lot of teams and Momochi hurt a lot of teams. Nobody ponied up for Infiltration, but his points by himself would have been good for third place.

1. abe_sfv - 2460 points
2. Raiku - 2390 points
3. Rogue - 1960 points
4. Jo_Jo_X - 1920 points
5. dikdik - 1750 points
6. skLaFarebear - 1650 points
7. Tampinha - 1560 points
8. kane_warhead - 1490 points
9. CobiWenlck - 1480 points
10. Gegz - 1380 points
11. Riou - 980 points
12. PPilot - 770 points
13. Chaotics - 490 points
14. Dahbomb88 - 420 points
15. ChaosbladeEX - 180 points
16. Trainwreck - 150 points

Why is Gief ripping off Tizoc a big deal but nobody talks about Nelson ripping off Dudley? He has the 6MK, overhead and corkscrew blow, and all his normals are the same as Dudley or Balrog.

dudley-fhk4uxou.gif
9rzWr8.gif
dudley-sa3y9zy7.gif

Pompadour

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210854892]Why is Gief ripping off Tizoc a big deal but nobody talks about Nelson ripping off Dudley? He has the 6MK, overhead and corkscrew blow, and all his normals are the same as Dudley or Balrog.

dudley-fhk4uxou.gif
9rzWr8.gif
dudley-sa3y9zy7.gif
[/QUOTE]

Every boxer after Dudley has ripped him off in some fashion because he is the best boxer.

Sayad

I wonder what kind of stuff KOF 14 will have in its Mission Mode.

Hopefully something like KoFXI mission mode, and not just combos.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210855399]I do think it's a fun idea that Nelson basically has no special moves but all his command normals cancel into each other.[/QUOTE]
Haven't tried him yet, how much does the lack of ex attacks affect his max mode damage?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom