• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamari

KoF 14 demo is really good, I just wish I had someone to play against. If it has good netcode I am going in like Aris at big dinner.

Dahbomb

Max is reviving (Marvel) Assist Me after four years? o_O https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcYU0-Ohetk
Z8hbhna.gif

pizzacat

Banned
Honestly, the best way to look at 3s (and I stole this from talking with soakrates over the weekend, but I just agree with him) is to not look at it as an sf title. You can't play it like one, it doesn't really fit in the space of one etc. It's really it's own game that just has some sf chars in it/chars from it made it in to other games.

That said, I don't like the game that it is at all.
My first SF title was 2I and 3S and I view IV like this. Could it be a thing in where people who played other SF games before view it that way and the ones that started at 3S view it as what SF should always be?

kirblar

My first SF title was 2I and 3S and I view IV like this. Could it be a thing in where people who played other SF games before view it that way and the ones that started at 3S view it as what SF should always be?
That's basically it.

4 has a lot of weirdness at higher levels, but plays a lot like traditional SF (2/A) at lower ones.

Max mentioned SFV felt a lot like 2I to him, and I don't think it's an accident a player like MOV or ROM is suddenly doing well again.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

Every new game in the series gets at least some hate from the fans of the old one, but SF3 seemed to go to further extremes than the others. One thing that is particularly notable about SF3 in the American community's history is that, at one point, it was dropped from EVO for 2 years entirely in favor of SF2, SF Alpha, Capcom vs. SNK, and Marvel vs. Capcom. The old heads of the day really seemed to hate it.

Eventually it just built its own fanbase and is well regarded enough for what it is.

Line_HTX

I need MAX CANCEL Ultra Climax giant purple flame KO. That combo just looks gimmicky with all of the EX throws and sideswitches and whatnot.

Dahbomb

This UMVC3 match went 0 to 60 in a second.

https://youtu.be/-jU7nhj6Ncs?t=5m50s

Context: Jan put Nemo into losers in emphatic fashion then they had a runback. Crowd was gathering around them, some cheering Nemo while others cheering Jan. Their runback ends up going the distance.

Warning: Thuggery levels are high, don't call the Capcops.

Kumubou

Damn man, Avoiding the Puddle ended with a great warning for the NRS community.
As someone who was actively playing Soul Calibur 2 competitively when the shit Aris was referring to happened... the NRS community better heed his warning. Even if their complaints are valid (and a lot of them are), they need to tread carefully unless they want to end up in the corner next to the Blade Arcus tournament.

The commentary pick is a method to get people from other scenes to watch and respect the game. It's like during Melee's first evo*, top 8 commentary consisted of Prog and James Chen.

*Technically not first but you get what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom