• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210854892]Why is Gief ripping off Tizoc a big deal but nobody talks about Nelson ripping off Dudley? He has the 6MK, overhead and corkscrew blow, and all his normals are the same as Dudley or Balrog.

dudley-fhk4uxou.gif
9rzWr8.gif
dudley-sa3y9zy7.gif
[/QUOTE]

Because 3S is garbage and only garbage people care about it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210854892]Why is Gief ripping off Tizoc a big deal but nobody talks about Nelson ripping off Dudley? He has the 6MK, overhead and corkscrew blow, and all his normals are the same as Dudley or Balrog.

dudley-fhk4uxou.gif
9rzWr8.gif
dudley-sa3y9zy7.gif
[/QUOTE]

Can NeoG rip himself off?

BadWolf

[/QUOTE]

Nope, Nelson's stuff is from this guy (1994):

heavy-special2.gif

heavy-special3.gif

heavy-a3.gif

heavy-c2.gif

heavy-c3.gif

pizzacat

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210855399]I do think it's a fun idea that Nelson basically has no special moves but all his command normals cancel into each other.[/QUOTE]
He has a cmd grab and a cmd dash as his specials.

That's something :/

mbpm1

And next year's EVO Top 8 Long Island Joe will actually make it to Losers Finals with Urien on ESPN, DeKappa

Hmm... I kind of want to take a shot of this and lose a money match.

Don't forget take your shirt off and challenge Chris G to a 15 dollar MM

Swarna

3s is really awful tbh

People who don't play SF, or have never been good at it (and never will be), will sit in an armchair all day and claim 3S's superiority as an excuse for being ass at the current game. It's not garbage like some people are joking about but it's pretty annoying when love for the game is often manufactured by FG hipsters. Some Melee kid at uni started talking about 3S being the ultimate SF title when clearly he never touched it when it had any degree of relevant competition in NA and was basing his opinion on moment 37 and word of mouth. Played him on Fightcade and he was ass (I don't even play 3S much). This guy was going on about specific mechanics in several SF titles like he was an expert on them while clearly showing his ignorance on a lot of things. I call these guys turd strikers.

Real 3S fans are literally still playing it to this day. They go to Japan (sometimes live there) and shit for it because that's where it has any amount of relevance. They don't touch SF5/4.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
People who don't play SF, or have never been good at it (and never will be), will sit in an armchair all day and claim 3S's superiority as an excuse for being ass at the current game. It's not garbage like some people are joking about but it's pretty annoying when love for the game is often manufactured by FG hipsters. Some Melee kid at uni started talking about 3S being the ultimate SF title when clearly he never touched it when it had any degree of relevant competition in NA and was basing his opinion on moment 37 and word of mouth. Played him on Fightcade and he was ass (I don't even play 3S much). This guy was going on about specific mechanics in several SF titles like he was an expert on them while clearly showing his ignorance on a lot of things. I call these guys turd strikers.

Real 3S fans are literally still playing it to this day. They go to Japan (sometimes live there) and shit for it because that's where it has any amount of relevance. They don't touch SF5/4.

What I don't understand is how people can talk about 3S mechanics and ignore 5, which has thus far been probably the best balance of "easy to do" and "hard to master" in the series since 2 which was as simple as you can get. They discuss 3S in the way that Melee fans discuss Melee, ignoring everything that makes the newer ones better.

Maybe I don't follow 3S but I wasn't aware it still had hype in Japan. Kind of like UMVC3 in NA where it's regional hype carries it?

vulva

Honestly, the best way to look at 3s (and I stole this from talking with soakrates over the weekend, but I just agree with him) is to not look at it as an sf title. You can't play it like one, it doesn't really fit in the space of one etc. It's really it's own game that just has some sf chars in it/chars from it made it in to other games.

That said, I don't like the game that it is at all.

FACE

Banned
What I don't understand is how people can talk about 3S mechanics and ignore 5, which has thus far been probably the best balance of "easy to do" and "hard to master" in the series since 2 which was as simple as you can get. They discuss 3S in the way that Melee fans discuss Melee, ignoring everything that makes the newer ones better.

Maybe I don't follow 3S but I wasn't aware it still had hype in Japan. Kind of like UMVC3 in NA where it's regional hype carries it?

Maybe these people prefer 3rd Strike's mechanics, thus disagreeing with the bold. Not that hard to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom