• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Onemic

Eww no he does not. His new raging demon animation alone makes him look much better in SFV.

tenor.gif

youre probably the only person that thinks this tbh.

EDIT: Oh wait, I forgot about LoneDragon :p

Village

SFV akuma looks worse than sfiv akuma tbh tbh

I wouldn't say that, and I'll say that you can fix akuma's character design in two seconds

One, take his dumb front pony tail out and let that hair hang back like an actual mane,

two , give him a beard. Like a big boy beard that covers the lower sides of his face and goes into the main

three make sides of his mane , gray

there you go capcom , pay me.

I feel like akuma's design is doin too much, and all he needed was a beard and long hair so he looked like a mountain man/lion man. They didn't need the extra, I feel like this them trying to emulate some stuff two hard and it ending up lame

NEO0MJ

I wouldn't say that, and I'll say that you can fix akuma's character design in two seconds

I feel they weren't 100% committed to the feral Akuma concept. Like, to me it seemed they wanted him to look wild, but like you said some elements throw it off.

I haven't spent a dime on SFV. I don't have Kolon or Special Ed. Hell I don't have Rog, Ibuki, Alex, and Juri. I have Akuma though cause he was free in December.

Looking it up online I saw absolutely no mention of him being free, not a single blurb. You sure a friend didn't buy him with fight money when you weren't looking?

Pompadour

Akuma looks better in V than he does in IV, even with the dumb top knot and literal neckbeard.

Village's changes to Akuma's look are the exact same ones I'd do.

The Raging Demon in V looks fantastic. 23 years of black screen + hit sparks was enough. That only really passed as cool back in the day because everyone else's supers were either "two special moves in a row" or "a fireball but it does 5 hits instead of 1".

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Akuma looks slow with arthritis and and like Ryu hit him on the nose so hard in Alpha that it never went back to it's normal size. So distracting. Not just him though but Bison as well. I don't like how slow they look. In SFIV they were speed demons.

Village

I actually booted up USF4 today, and played a little with my brother. We were just looking at the different ultras and I'd forgotten just how hype Oni and Evil Ryu's Ultra 2 were.

Yeah, I know it might not be the popular opinion, but I wouldn't mind more dark characters as DLC down the lie. Not the same one, but each SF game going forward, has different dark characters as DLC and they have insane hype moveset. Like a violent ken, and a psycho-ed ou Ed.
Those dark characters allowed them to explore widl ass animations and do nuts shit with their move sets.

" STARE IN TO THE FACE OF DEATH", oni had special super death colors too. His shit was black and white

I feel they weren't 100% committed to the feral Akuma concept. Like, to me it seemed they wanted him to look wild, but like you said some elements throw it off.

maybe? Akuma is one of those super popular SF main stays, I guess they didn't want to change too much, but its at a weird middle point where they should have changed less or more.

MrCarter

youre probably the only person that thinks this tbh.

I doubt that very much lol. Even Maximillian (who I'm not much a fan of but knows his shit) has said it's his best raging demon.

One, its art style preference two

the only reason raging demon looks good in V is that you can't see his busted ass face and hairline.

Which brings me to point two, character design preference

True, his mane (you can choose his nostalgia costume btw) is an acquired taste but at least he plays like a very unique and refreshing shotokan character in SFV. Design wise in Tekken 7, I don't think he's actually anything different from his SF4 iteration, all they did was copy and paste his design (along with super bar and fadc) to 3D and just added some more of Tekken style combos.

.la1n

There are a lot of aesthetics I don't care for in SF V but Akuma isn't one of them. I do understand I'm in the minority on that one. I think it was time to change up raging demon; give a peek behind the curtain.
Ibuki's face on the other hand? Unforgivable.

MrCarter

yo when is ArcSys gonna make a sickass Sailor Moon fighting game?

When the series is popular and current, which is never unfortunately. I'd love if they do a One Piece FG like DBF as it would have so many varying play styles rather than what is has now. Just thinking of how ASW would create Boa Hancock, Ace and White Beard's moveset makes me excited.

Pompadour

When the series is popular and current, which is never unfortunately. I'd love if they do a One Piece FG like DBF as it would have so many varying play styles rather than what is has now. Just thinking of how ASW would create Boa Hancock, Ace and White Beard's moveset makes me excited.

If they did a DBZ game, then a One Piece game, then a Naruto game then that would basically guarantee reusing all those assets for a legit good Jump fighting game. I need a Jotaro + Kenshiro team in an ASW fighting game.

shaowebb

Toei vs Tatsunoko should take top priority for Japan. It's a battle for their cultures crown as far as Japanese superheroes go. Theyve never clashed and it's been a dream for over half a century for their top faces to go head to head. It's asia's DC vs Marvel.

Infinite

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";242521824]I'd love a Jump fighting game. Needs Light Yagami in it.[/QUOTE]
What would he even do? Summon Ryuk as his stand?

Hyun Sai

I also don't like the new Raging Demon. The distinctive trait of this move was that we didn't see shit, added to the mystery.

Now it's like all the others common peons. Yaaawn.

And yes the Top Knot is garbage design.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
checked my brackets, no killers in my pool. Smash gg projects me going 0-2 in sf and KOF and 1-2 in tekken lol. Also, i noticed a gaffer in my pool, fluxwavez, unless that's someone else.

I can always get down with more edgelords

Reaper in OW has made me realize I am for these things
<3 edgelords.

I also don't like the new Raging Demon. The distinctive trait of this move was that we didn't see shit, added to the mystery.

Now it's like all the others common peons. Yaaawn.

And yes the Top Knot is garbage design.
It's not like you didn't know what was happening. Little hit effects popped up everywhere.

NEO0MJ

Digimon talk...in 2017.

Just lose the top knot and he looks fine.

One of the rules Capcom had a hard stance on when they allowed Namco to put Akuma in Tekken was not to mess with the top knot. They probably think of it as an important aspect of his design that can't be dropped.

Top Bottom