• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Still need Anime notables. Other than we just need schedules and whatever misc stuff and we're good. EVO is always pumpin on GAF so everybody will tune in.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is there some sort of Tekken primer out there? I'm deep into the game right now but I barely know who to look out for.

Line_HTX

I know it's EVO week and everything, but damn it doesn't feel like it for some reason. Probably hasn't hit me yet.

I'm OK with Tekken being the 3rd to last game. It's like a late afternoon football game, sometimes it's better than the primetime game.

aPBqeCd.png

Sayad

Ok, every fighting game needs an infinite ranked rematch option, if you're too worried about boosting just make it so only the first 3 counts, even with boosters, the value this option add is far greater than petty boosters getting free points.

UMVC3 is going to be RIP after a week anyway, completing the prophecy.

That's a shame considering that we're still discovering new things that alter the meta. A fucking Chun Li player is the favorite to win Evo.

If MVCI ends up being ass, or even if it's good, I hope to see at least a small scene for umvc3 stick around. The game isn't fully figured out yet. But I know how quickly the FGC tends to drop a game when a sequel comes out.

Spuck-uk

Banned
That's a shame considering that we're still discovering new things that alter the meta. A fucking Chun Li player is the favorite to win Evo.

If MVCI ends up being ass, or even if it's good, I hope to see at least a small scene for umvc3 stick around. The game isn't fully figured out yet. But I know how quickly the FGC tends to drop a game when a sequel comes out.

I mean, there's still some small scenes for SFxT...

Ok, every fighting game needs an infinite ranked rematch option, if you're too worried about boosting just make it so only the first 3 counts, even with boosters, the value this option add is far greater than petty boosters getting free points.

Why does it have to be ranked then?

Probably not for ranked.

Ranked SHOULD however have a forced 2/3 for every match after you reach a particular rank. Like how Killer Instinct has a mandatory 2/3 for every match for matches with people from Gold and Killer Rank.

Sayad

Why does it have to be ranked then?
It's fine to have it in other modes but ranked has to have it too, that's where most online players play, and sometimes you just run into someone who you want to keep playing. Especially in a game like Tekken where it's pretty random and not very fun until both players actually know the match up, it speed up the learning process a lot.

Kumubou

Probably not for ranked.

Ranked SHOULD however have a forced 2/3 for every match after you reach a particular rank. Like how Killer Instinct has a mandatory 2/3 for every match for matches with people from Gold and Killer Rank.
I think the one issue with forced 2/3 sets is that if the connection is ass, having to play 2-3 games like that is an extremely unpleasant experience. The last thing I need to do is run it back against some idiot messing around with their Ownmaster 5000 X Pro.

KI can do it because the game works really well online... but that's a rarity in this genre, unfortunately.

how bout dem fightin games???

i wonder if the arcana team was caught off guard by their campaign finishing so quickly

i expected an update of some kind to be up already

They posted rather lewd figures and their conversations got very creepy. Plus were fans of hot glue (Don't google that).

They were warned about posting lewd figures.

However it ended with someone mentioning a figure of underaged character in revealing clothing and then other posters pressuring them to post pictures/links.

AAK

So JDCR is pretty much the best T7 player right now?

Anyone not expecting him to win Evo?

He's the most consistent player at international events, but within Korea it's hard to say. Neither JDCR or Saint participated in the Afreeca League (because they were travelling to US tournaments) and within that Qudans was the champion, LowHigh got second, and Knee was 3rd.

If Knee fought JDCR any time before winner's finals then Knee would have advanced over JDCR since he was up 2-0 before JDCR came back. Anything can happen at EVO with the FT2 stipulation.

BadWolf

He's the most consistent player at international events, but within Korea it's hard to say. Neither JDCR or Saint participated in the Afreeca League (because they were travelling to US tournaments) and within that Qudans was the champion, LowHigh got second, and Knee was 3rd.

If Knee fought JDCR any time before winner's finals then Knee would have advanced over JDCR since he was up 2-0 before JDCR came back. Anything can happen at EVO with the FT2 stipulation.

Here's hoping for some close competition.

Him winning again would be pretty boring.

Kumubou

how bout dem fightin games???

i wonder if the arcana team was caught off guard by their campaign finishing so quickly

i expected an update of some kind to be up already
They admit as much in their update:

Thanks to your energetic call to arms, we have reached our goal to port SixStarS!!!!!! to Steam!

So that means we are on to the new characters stretch goal. All of the new characters will be uniquely distinct and will not disappoint.

We are now in the middle of the announcement prep work and will have the reveal this week, so please hold on a little longer.
Please wait warmly until it is ready.

shaowebb

They admit as much in their update:

Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Yup. They'll have the stretchgoal update this week. I'm currently trying to rally folks in the Arcana Heart Kickstarter to push a decent tutorial addition into the game because good lord its got way too much stuff to figure out blindly on your own. Just tons and tons and tons of character specific mechanics, arcana specific mechanics, system mechanics, and ability mechanics that are just not explained to players.

Never have I researched a game so much outside of the game itself in order to play it. New players will need tutorials if they wanna get new players that actually stick around long enough to enjoy all the craziness.

Super eager to hear whatever they plan to do next with this campaign. Im really excited that I can finally play this. Scharlachrott I am so glad you're finally going to be nerfed with all your stupid clash frames. Can't wait to try Ichor + Dorothy or Ichor+Elsa. Really can't wait to hear what new arcanas will show up per new character added :)

Thores

A crowdfunding campaign for Fantasy Strike, the "gateway fighting game" for players that are new to- or overwhelmed by- the genre, has just launched on Fig.

I really dig the concept, but the page is kind of vague right now about what features are going to be in the base game, and which are "stretch goals". They just promise that "the more money we make, the more content we'll put in the game," which feels... nebulous.

A crowdfunding campaign for Fantasy Strike, the "gateway fighting game" for players that are new to- or overwhelmed by- the genre, has just launched on Fig.

I really dig the concept, but the page is kind of vague right now about what features are going to be in the base game, and which are "stretch goals". They just promise that "the more money we make, the more content we'll put in the game," which feels... nebulous.

Sirlin is asking 500.000 dollars ? LMAO

Top Bottom