• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

CO_Andy

Disney spends a fortune trying to find an actor for Aladdin while they can't be arsed to do quality control for a game they'll be in the public eye for years and years :/

Dahbomb

Disney spends a fortune trying to find an actor for Aladdin while they can't be arsed to do quality control for a game they'll be in the public eye for years and years :/
It's almost like one thing could make them a billion dollars and the other wouldn't.

Dahbomb

Not only that but more people will watch Aladdin than Marvel Infinite. Even if it was a matter of them making the same amount of money, making sure more people get to experience high quality Disney entertainment is certainly more important to the brand.

And of course Disney movie division vs Marvel game division.

E V O

V

O

HYPE! Finally get to go for the first time, after wanting to for years.

I'm helping run brackets, doing both main and side tourneys, and helping friends work on a documentary they'll be getting footage of EVO for.

Gonna get people to sign my stick and get buzzed before grand finals Sunday WOOOOO

Dahbomb

Sure... the big games like GTA and COD make a ton of money compared to movies.

Marvel vs Capcom games are not that and thus they aren't comparable to Disney movies which are big money makers in Hollywood.

kirblar

MarkMan says to expect Sunday announcements. Would assume whatever the next BBCF is one of them, along w/ a Tekken character. (Smash 4 Switch and Super SFV both possible but seem kinda unlikely?)

Producer

DEZlOR1VYAAGwz1.jpg

Japan gonna get this work.

No idea who this Zoolaw player is.

Is it true cloud plays on a hitbox now? I know he wasnt too hot on ps4 umvc3..

El Sabroso

MarkMan says to expect Sunday announcements. Would assume whatever the next BBCF is one of them, along w/ a Tekken character. (Smash 4 Switch and Super SFV both possible but seem kinda unlikely?)

there is a potential announcement of every sunday game

- MvCi new trailer / more characters revealed
- new BB
- Tekken 7 DLC characters / guests
- Smash Switch
- Super SFV

but could just be news on next EVO Japan

Thores

there is a potential announcement of every sunday game

- MvCi new trailer / more characters revealed
- new BB
- Tekken 7 DLC characters / guests
- Smash Switch
- Super SFV

but could just be news on next EVO Japan

We should probably just expect the SFV announcement to be the next DLC character instead of Super. I feel like they're saving Super for a "surprise" PSX announcement after Season 2 is done and released.

The BlazBlue announcement could be the rumored RWBY game. If anyone at ArcSys is working on it, it's the BB team.

Wallach

Just to repost:

I have a couple floor seats for EVO Sunday that I can no longer use. If you are going this year and don't have tickets for Sunday yet and would like to go, send me a PM.

If you are going to charge people for Sunday seperatly you need to make the experience worth it. Constant, gratting, inaudable commentary over loud speakers is not enjoyable. No live sporting event does this & they never will cause it kills the atmosphere. Nothing like hearing cheers drowned out by James Chen yelling something you can't understand into the mic.

I've never once been watching a Sunday finals & thought to myself "I'm so glad I can hear the commentators." It sucked at Tekken Nationals, it sucked at CEO, & it sucked at EVO. Why you guys thought this was an idea that will improve your product is beyond me.

Amen! TO's need to hear this.

Yep. SFV is going to be all done on one stage, in a game that doesn't lend itself to viewers. Tekken 7 has the slomo which can create hype. On the other hand, there's a good chance that SFV has that US rep that could win the title.

SFV got good ratings at EVO last year. ELeague did well too. So apparently it does lend itself to viewers.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Animevo stream schedule is up. Barring blow-ups, the top 8 of every game at Animevo will be streamed, at the very least.

Hoping that Kiyobi doesn't have a rough time scheduling PPT.

The most awkward thing about running a tournament for that game is that it doesn't have an in-game timer. Low-level play takes an eternity, so any matches between total scrubs will drag down the bracket.

I'll be an EVO stream monster this year. Good luck to everyone going, be safe.

Damn, you too? I have to sit it out this year sadly, even though there are a games I like this year. I'll be sad if they give out another Tekken shirt because I've entered all the pre-release Evo Tekken tournaments and got them, hilariously enough I miss it when it actually releases.

The most awkward thing about running a tournament for that game is that it doesn't have an in-game timer. Low-level play takes an eternity, so any matches between total scrubs will drag down the bracket.

We consulted about match lengths beforehand, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Also, I'll be commentating for PPT! When I'm not drowning in pools at least

SFV got good ratings at EVO last year. ELeague did well too. So apparently it does lend itself to viewers.

SF has good branding to non-fg fans. Also it's very international so it's not a bad game to broadcast. But the gameplay itself I would give to Tekken 7 right now. I just think Tekken 7 would be the more hype game to broadcast.

chriskun

SF has good branding to non-fg fans. Also it's very international so it's not a bad game to broadcast. But the gameplay itself I would give to Tekken 7 right now. I just think Tekken 7 would be the more hype game to broadcast.
Tekken 7 nor any 3d fighter doesnt play well to casuals. To them it just looks like alot of flailing around and the characters look too samey. I think Dead or Alive has animations and pace that would stick out to a casual but it lacks the respect of most hardcore fgc fans.

Dahbomb

Tuboware said that Tokido has been putting in work in Marvel 3 and wants to win the last ever Marvel 3 EVO tournament.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also the amounts of shouts fired in that Marvel 3 pre-EVO show was hilarious. Suddenly I am all hyped up for Marvel 3 at EVO again!

Kumubou

Anyone that cares an iota about Arcana Heart and has a Twitter account should reply to this tweet regarding the game's netcode. Apparently Examu is a bit surprised at that bit of feedback... hopefully it'll get them to put it on the roadmap.

Doesn't Puyo have some kind of garbage multiplier that kicks in after so much time? I'm actually not sure how that would work in Swap or Doubles, but I was under the impression that it was only a massive problem in Tetris mirrors, which is one of the reasons Versus got dumped.

We did also schedule out a lot of time for the Puyo Puyo Tetris tournament, and there's a reason why the stream schedule is laid out the way it is with regards to Puyo Puyo Tetris and P4AU.

Why no Demon's Bride?
Know anyone with the hardware for that game? :p
Or anyone who can even spell the game's title properly.

Not like that alone would stop people (VSav and HnK are being run on arcade hardware), but Daemon Bride is also a game that's been played by about 6 people in the US, ever. Game's seriously obscure even by povert standards.

Top Bottom